HELP! Bogging problem when on the throttle!

Thread: HELP! Bogging problem when on the throttle!

Default HELP! Bogging problem when on the throttle!

Has anyone been experiencing the same glitch in the acceleration / fuel injection with your bike as I have been. When you accelerate in 2nd (mostly) or 3rd gear at a good amount of throttle, especially right after you shift into 2nd from 1st on the gas, does your bike loose it's power? The engine feels and sounds like it is bogging, it looses all feel of acceleration and continues to "bogg" until you let off of the throttle and get back into it. Then it will accelerate strongly again. The bike has 600 miles on it and this is VERY frustrating !!!!!!! :bang; Any help and / or ideas are greatly appreciated.......

I was wondering if this is a fuel injection problem that suzuki may have a download for or something....

Thanks for any imput!

S

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: HELP! Bogging problem when on the throttle!

I have not experienced this. It definitely does not sound normal. Sounds like a job for... Warranty Man!

Sounds like you're running out of fuel. Take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. That's not normal. ::)

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

To the dealer A.S.A.P. When I pulled the grip on second gear my face wants to come out the back of the helmet.
    "humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them and the M109R is one of them"

Quote Originally Posted by Latinbid
    When I pulled the grip on second gear my face wants to come out the back of the helmet.
    Um, okay... THAT'S not normal either!
    LOL (jus' jokin')

I agree..... 2nd gear under heavy acelleration should leave you feeling like wow !

YES SECONS GEAR MAKES ME STIFFFF!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shredder

Has anyone been experiencing the same glitch in the acceleration / fuel injection with your bike as I have been.¬* When you accelerate in 2nd (mostly) or 3rd gear at a good amount of throttle, especially right after you shift into 2nd from 1st on the gas, does your bike loose it's power?¬* The engine feels and sounds like it is bogging, it looses all feel of acceleration and continues to "bogg" until you let off of the throttle and get back into it.¬* Then it will accelerate strongly again.¬* The bike has 600 miles on it and this is VERY frustrating !!!!!!! :bang;¬* ¬*Any help and / or ideas are greatly appreciated.......

I was wondering if this is a fuel injection problem that suzuki may have a download for or something....

Thanks for any imput!

S
    Yes I have noticed mine only every once in awhile doing the same thing. Mine seems like if you get near 7500 then shift , it will sometimes do that. I have noticed at 6800 in top gear about 145 mph it will start doing it if you leave it there for a mile or so as i stated in my TOP SPEED LIMITER subject under tech questions. The other guys said theres was not doing that , but if they get it in 5th and leave it there for an aditional mile I bet they might notice it . I am starting to question the fuel delivery system, wether it is running out of gas or what.

Check throttle cable adjustment.. Mine did same thing, took service about 2 seconds to fix.

Throttle cable was a bit too slack on mine at delivery. I'll bet they were probably all like this.

Very Active Member

Mine did it but I was low on gas. It haven't did it since

hd2plze

Hey this is hd2plze I posted the performance ETs, earlyer and I did not mention that my bike nosed over just like you said i n second it happens offten
    and I am going to mention this to my dealer also my spedo, jumps all around and my gas gauge is not right , but you hit the nail on the head it seems
    that when you run it hard it realy stumbels hard in second ,it did it at the drag strip 3 out of 5 times that I ran this moheef. Any one with more technical
    knowlage, I would like to know what to do about this too.

Knock wood, I've had no such issues as of yet.

It seems that those who have complained of bogging have also experienced speedo problems at the same time. Sounds like it could be an on-board computer problem.

Very Active Member

Close to 2000 miles, 1st bog tonight, Temp 55, Rider on Back. Wasn't full throttle but spirited. 2nd gear¬*ran out of gas then cleared when shifting to 3rd. Although it cleared it still felt lazy until I slowed for left hand turn. No mods. { close to home by then, I'll no more on a longer ride. }¬*

Mine too, does it right after a full throttle upshift, doesnt matter the gear, it's really accentuated when I dont use the clutch, when I do it almost masks it.

I have also experienced this though I would explain it like the computer pulled the timing out of the bike ,thus falling on its face. There is a notable fall in acceleration but came back on as quick as I had shifted gears. I have not noticed in gauge problems yet though I will look for erratic behavior if this were to happen again.

Dyno graph should show it clearly.

Very Active Member

%^&* , just got back from the worst bog ever. I can't believe it. !st to 2nd at around 6400 to 6900, to make sure I didn't hit limiter.Bog began in second, remained after shifting to 3rd, [never did this before], and finally began accelerating normally when I hit 4th. It feels like the rev limit is coming in early and not letting go. I had just topped the tank and the oil level is perfect. I'm coming up on 6 days off , I'd rather check cables & connections myself before taking in for service. I do not understand how a misadjusted cable could cause this problem, on a carb' d bike or a FI car, cable slack is just that. I adjusted my bars 2 weeks ago, but naturally moved the controls as well. Did any one else with the problem move their bars.¬* ¬* ¬*

If so many people are getting intermittent bogging, I would very strongly suspect an ECU glitch first and foremost.

There is a very powerful computer in this thing. It is taking and processing several hundred measurements per second coming from sensors all over the bike. If the processor is hanging, even for a second or two, that is an issue that needs to be addressed by Suzuki and fixed.

This is far more likely than a loose cable or bad connection -- though it certainly could be either of those things, or something else entirely.

Let's keep an eye on it guys...

Had the bogging happen to me today (well, I think ??)

Was in first, getting on it pretty hard, at about 6500 or so, I dropped into second and cranked on the throttle. I was still accelerating, but I didn't get the "face in the back of the helmet" like usual. Once I dropped her into 3rd, I got the normal acceleration. This is the first time I've ever encountered this, I usually ride the bike timid, but I'm not afraid to twist the wrist.

Don't know if helps or not, but I just topped off the tank less than 1 minute earlier.....again, don't know if means anything

I had this happen to me on Monday. After shifting into 2nd after running 1st up to 6500+ RPM, the engine was 'bogging' all the way thru 2nd and went away when I hit 3rd.

Very Active Member

Took bike out tonight and can confirm that my first 3 gears continue to to be timing retarded from previous post. I hope to be able to verify transmission gear switch failure with an ohmmeter tommorrow before getting it in for warranty work. I have an adjustable pot but am waiting on the harness adapter that 'Wanted' found, and plan on doing the 'Maniac' mod. I really pray thats all it is, it makes sense. :realmad:

Very Active Member

I spent a good part of the day with an ohmmeter. Had the covers off both sides and the ECM out. Talked to 'Maniac' last night . He gave me his resistance readings for comparison through the gears. Mine were close but not identical. They did however change with gear selection. Took my readings from pin 23. Reassembled everything and took bike for a ride and it seemed close to normal for the a high humidity day. Came back, let the bike cool down and pulled right cover.Located and disconnected plug between ECM and Tranny Position Switch. Took readings right off the plug on the TPS side, went through the gears and they confirmed readings at pin 23. The TPS is under the right chromed engine cover. The funny thing is someone had a black Magic Marker dot on the Plug, as if marking it after tracing wires. Could be coincidence. I'm waiting on the Harness for 2.7 [Maniac] mod. I read where like anything electrical they, [TPS] start to fail with heat and am wondering if thats where the intermittent problems are coming from. P.S. TPS = Transmission Position Switch

I'm getting something similar, but I wouldn't call it bogging. I'm getting a lot of hesitation. If I run at a constant speed, in any gear under 4000rpm's and keep it steady, the bike hesitates on and off. Once it hits 4000rpm's it seems to clean out. It feels like it's not getting enough air or fuel or both.
    Anyone else?
    Anyone know what could be added or adjusted or both to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by z109r View Post
    I spent a good part of the day with an ohmmeter. Had the covers off both sides and the ECM out. Talked to 'Maniac' last night . He gave me his resistance readings for comparison through the gears. Mine were close but not identical. They did however change with gear selection. Took my readings from pin 23. Reassembled everything and took bike for a ride and it seemed close to normal for the a high humidity day. Came back, let the bike cool down and pulled right cover.Located and disconnected plug between ECM and Tranny Position Switch. Took readings right off the plug on the TPS side, went through the gears and they confirmed readings at pin 23. The TPS is under the right chromed engine cover. The funny thing is someone had a black Magic Marker dot on the Plug, as if marking it after tracing wires. Could be coincidence. I'm waiting on the Harness for 2.7 [Maniac] mod. I read where like anything electrical they, [TPS] start to fail with heat and am wondering if thats where the intermittent problems are coming from. P.S. TPS = Transmission Position Switch
    Did you manage to solve this problem with a new gear position sensor? I have the same problem with my 109 but I haven't found what is causing it.

Still searching for the answer....

Got the problem solved! Installed TRE and everything works at is should.

Seems like the problem is that when you twist the throttle too fast when switching from 2nd to 3rd, the ignition map is not switched over as fast as it should and the result is bogging as it was described previously.