Hello all, and a warrenty question

Thread: Hello all, and a warrenty question

Very Active Member

Default Hello all, and a warrenty question

Hey all, wanted to say I am no longer a 109 wannabe. Got my silver one on reserve and just waiting for a ride Saturday to get it. I cant freaken wait.

I did have a question, though I think the dealer is givimg me a fair price, when I asked him about the extended warrenty his price seemed a little high $600. Do I have to buy that warrenty from him or can I get it somewhere else.

Thanks alll
    X
    Mark
    2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 - and the madness starts all over again...
    2006 Silver Boulevard M109R - Gone
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50 - Gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Default Re: Hello all, and a warrenty question

congrats on the bike! dealer offered me the following prices for the extended warranties:

2 yr - $335
    3 yr - $400
    4 yr - $475
    5 yr - $550
    6 yr - $850

i didn't get any of them because i want to wait and see if this is going to be a problem bike or not. you can buy the extended warranty anytime up to a year after purchase of the bike.
    Current Mods: JR exhaust w/crank evac, Oak Paint, Thunder intakes, PC3, JSD, steel brakelines, hub plate, stealth LCD F & R turns, TrickFlasher, CA clear tailight w/modulator, PIAA HLight w/modulator, ISO grips/spikes/wings/shifter/thottleboss, Pro-1 mirrors, Corbin seat, chrome engine/shaft/swingarm covers

You do not have to buy it when you buy the bike. You just need to get it before the 1 year warranty ends. I am trying to get a group of us together and get a group rate. I was looking at two of them. One is a Suzuki one, 12 month plus 60 (6 years total from in service date). For $623, maybe less if I can get a really large group together. And an after market warranty which they say covers up to $1000 of accessories as well. They are both the same term and about the same price. I am reading the fine print to really see which is the better warranty. Once I break them down, I will let you guys know which I think is the best one. If you are interested drop me a private message.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I buy all my bikes new, and so far, everytime the 1 year warranty is about to expire, I get an extension proposal in the mail. (Honda, Kawasaki) I guess Suzuki would do the same. I would check that first though.
    Life began for me on March 1st '06

Guess I'm lucky...got a Manufacturers 2 year unlimited mileage warranty with mine with the option of buying another year warranty at the end of that.

Very Active Member

Suzuki sends out a warranty extension letter about 2 months before the end of the first year of ownership. They want you to contact the dealer to purchase it though.

I would be interested in buying an extended warranty with the group if the price is right.

Very Active Member

Thanks for the info guys. This basicly confirms that I got screwed out of a year of warrenty when I bought my last/first bike. The dealer sold me the warrenty the day I bought the bike.

One is a Suzuki one, 12 month plus 60 (6 years total from in service date).Â* For $623, maybe less if I can get a really large group together.Â* And an after market warranty which they say covers up to $1000 of accessories as well.Â* They are both the same term and about the same price.Â* I am reading the fine print to really see which is the better warranty.Â* Once I break them down, I will let you guys know which I think is the best one.Â* If you are interested drop me a private message.
    Keep me posted on this. I would be real interested in taking part of that.

Mark
    Mark
    2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 - and the madness starts all over again...
    2006 Silver Boulevard M109R - Gone
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50 - Gone

Very Active Member

Try www.oneidasuzuki.com They have extended. Remember tho guys if it says 5 yrs, that INCLUDES the first year your bike is covered. Just an FYI.

Nick.