Hello from the midwest!

Thread: Hello from the midwest!

Default Hello from the midwest!

Hello from the midwest! Currently looking at obtaining a new bike after my zx14r's engine decided it was done. Going to transition to a cruiser, owned one before but gave it up to get a few others before my zx14r, and I am looking at a couple with the m109r on the short list. After sitting on one, haven't test road one yet, the stock seat feels very wide to me. While it's not comfortable with my feet down I am also worried that it may bother my sciatic as I have started having issues with it. Does a corbin/sargent/any aftermarket seat fix how wide it is or is that just how it is? Thanks for the info in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I understand what you mean. The stock seat hits right under my thigh when I sat on a stock 9. I have a Corbin, and their seat is narrower up front where the stock seat would hit the back of my thigh's. I've ridden mine 1k miles in 19 hrs in one pop. Doesnt mean I wasn't sore after that 1k miles but I didn't have issues in the area you are talking about. You might also look at a Ultimate. They have a lot more padding and if I was going to do a lot of long distance riding still, I might look at those

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have any issues with my sciatic on my zx14r and I am not sure it will be an issue with the 109r either however, it is really wide. Way back when my dad had a bike that had a wider seat and I HATED riding it because of it. I ended up with the same model bike but different model with a more narrow seat and loved it. If there is an option for a more narrow seat on the 9 I imagine it would be the same way.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CaptaiSpiff View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't have any issues with my sciatic on my zx14r and I am not sure it will be an issue with the 109r either however, it is really wide. Way back when my dad had a bike that had a wider seat and I HATED riding it because of it. I ended up with the same model bike but different model with a more narrow seat and loved it. If there is an option for a more narrow seat on the 9 I imagine it would be the same way.
    The Corbin is the narrowest seat I have sat on. It tapers narrow especially as it gets to the gas tank

Off, 1k for a corbin, man that's steep. I imagine it's worth it though. I am going to try and find a dealership that will let me test ride a 109, a local shop has a used one they may let me ride for a bit. Gonna miss my zx14r but man the 109r's look good.

I agree with Shane 100%. The Corbin seat is more narrow at the front of the seat than any other seat out there for the M109R. In my opinion, Corbin seats are leaps and bounds the best and most comfortable seats out there in every way possible. The only exception is the price. They are a bit pricey, but theyíre worth every penny. If youíre interested in only a Corbin Riderís Seat, the cost would be around $500, and an additional approximately $300 or so, for the Corbin Backrest. With the Corbin seat, you actually sit down into the seat, as opposed to feeling like youíre sitting up high on the seat, like you do with the Ultimate Seat, Suzuki Gel Seat, and somewhat the Stock Seat. Iíve had all of those seats, and the Corbin Seat is in a league all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I agree with Shane 100%. The Corbin seat is more narrow at the front of the seat than any other seat out there for the M109R. In my opinion, Corbin seats are leaps and bounds the best and most comfortable seats out there in every way possible. The only exception is the price. They are a bit pricey, but theyíre worth every penny. If youíre interested in only a Corbin Riderís Seat, the cost would be around $500, and an additional approximately $300 or so, for the Corbin Backrest. With the Corbin seat, you actually sit down into the seat, as opposed to feeling like youíre sitting up high on the seat, like you do with the Ultimate Seat, Suzuki Gel Seat, and somewhat the Stock Seat. Iíve had all of those seats, and the Corbin Seat is in a league all by itself.
    Boy that was confusing for a moment. You said you agreed with Shane, and I was confused because my name is Shane...

Anyways, yeah I would be looking for a passenger seat as well. Not getting another zx14r due to my wife and daughter wanting to ride a bit more and neither being very happy with the 14. So here we are looking at a m109r because I am not ready to ride a gold wing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptaiSpiff View Post
    Boy that was confusing for a moment. You said you agreed with Shane, and I was confused because my name is Shane...

Anyways, yeah I would be looking for a passenger seat as well. Not getting another zx14r due to my wife and daughter wanting to ride a bit more and neither being very happy with the 14. So here we are looking at a m109r because I am not ready to ride a gold wing yet.
    😂😂😂...I can imagine how my response may have confused you. Moreover, hello to you Shane.😊
    You and I have a lot in common. I owned a very customized 2007 ZX14-R, at the time I had purchased my first (07í) M109R. I had no physical ailments at the time, but I was amazed and surprised how quickly I gravitated to the M109R, and chose it over the ZX14-R constantly. 8 months after having my M109R, I sold my ZX14-R, and bought my second M109R just a few months later. I now own three M109R bikes (an 07í, 08í, and 14í model), and an 04í Honda Rune. I absolutely love the M109R, itís the most fun and versatile bike Iíve ever owned. I liken it to being a muscle cruiser with some sport bike characteristics. Plus, itís much more comfortable to ride than any of the many sport bikes Iíve owned in the past.

As for the seat issue you have. I highly-recommend investing in a full set of Corbin Seats and Backrests. Your wife and daughter will love and thank you profusely. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but probably the best upgrade you will ever make on your 9. I have the full setup for my 08í model, and my wife absolutely loves the comfort and support the seat and backrest provides.

Welcome to the board Shane. I too have to deal with a sciatica problem at times. The best bike I have to ride when my sciatica is bad is my ST-1300. Apparently the bend in my legs and the lean-forward riding position tends to alleviate the problem. There were times when I couldn't sit in a four wheel vehicle and had to ride the ST for all travel. However, the M109R with the gel seat is not too bad, because I tend to lean forward a bit to reach the grips, and having my legs forward doesn't aggravate the sciatica much. Riding bolt upright like on a Gold Wing is not good for my sciatica.

😂😂😂...I can imagine how my response may have confused you. Moreover, hello to you Shane.😊
    You and I have a lot in common. I owned a very customized 2007 ZX14-R, at the time I had purchased my first (07í) M109R. I had no physical ailments at the time, but I was amazed and surprised how quickly I gravitated to the M109R, and chose it over the ZX14-R constantly. 8 months after having my M109R, I sold my ZX14-R, and bought my second M109R just a few months later. I now own three M109R bikes (an 07í, 08í, and 14í model), and an 04í Honda Rune. I absolutely love the M109R, itís the most fun and versatile bike Iíve ever owned. I liken it to being a muscle cruiser with some sport bike characteristics. Plus, itís much more comfortable to ride than any of the many sport bikes Iíve owned in the past.

As for the seat issue you have. I highly-recommend investing in a full set of Corbin Seats and Backrests. Your wife and daughter will love and thank you profusely. Yes, they are a bit pricey, but probably the best upgrade you will ever make on your 9. I have the full setup for my 08í model, and my wife absolutely loves the comfort and support the seat and backrest provides.
    Yeah...I loved my zx14r but it might be time to get something my wife is more comfortable on. The seat being wide on the m109r is a concern but I may get used to it and be ok until I pony up for a corbin, hell I got used to how tall my Aprilia felt when I had it, by the way don't buy one. I am not a tall guy by any means but I did feel comfortable enough on the m109r I sat on in a local shop here.

Welcome to the board Shane. I too have to deal with a sciatica problem at times. The best bike I have to ride when my sciatica is bad is my ST-1300. Apparently the bend in my legs and the lean-forward riding position tends to alleviate the problem. There were times when I couldn't sit in a four wheel vehicle and had to ride the ST for all travel. However, the M109R with the gel seat is not too bad, because I tend to lean forward a bit to reach the grips, and having my legs forward doesn't aggravate the sciatica much. Riding bolt upright like on a Gold Wing is not good for my sciatica.
    Strange as it may sound, my sciatica was not a problem with my zx14r, and with the seat being wide at my thighs and not where my sciatic is at so I think it should be ok. Got my eye on a few, nothing local as the only local option is a black and orange one...not a fan of orange.