What a bike!

Thread: What a bike!

Default What a bike!

Holy cow! I just got my M109r BOSS a month ago but didn't get to ride it until I had the clutch changed. Man this thing is absolutely insane. The low end torque literally makes me a little sick when I ride it. I do have a question though, do you guys notice a bit of a grind from 1st to 2nd if you shift a little too early? When I run out the 1st gear it's never an issue but if I do it with the rpms too low it gets real mad at me.
    Anyway, looking forward to some riding this winter in SoCal. Here's a video of my first ride and impressions that I thought I'd share with you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

great video!
    side note, we don't have auto-cancelling turn signals. lol i saw the blinker on your dash and said "yep, been there done that!"
    when i was riding mine home after i bought it, my wife got me to pull over and asked if i meant to keep turning right because my turn signal had been on for over 15 miles.. lol

but enjoy the 9!
    you got your jesus on the dashboard, the devil's under my hood. you're takin' down to legal, i'm pulling it up to no good. god is your co-pilot, i let satan ride shotgun, you pay a toll to get to heaven, but on the road to hell there's none.....

Navy - Its not just a job, its an adventure

Quote Originally Posted by trez63 View Post
    Holy cow! I just got my M109r BOSS a month ago but didn't get to ride it until I had the clutch changed. Man this thing is absolutely insane. The low end torque literally makes me a little sick when I ride it. I do have a question though, do you guys notice a bit of a grind from 1st to 2nd if you shift a little too early? When I run out the 1st gear it's never an issue but if I do it with the rpms too low it gets real mad at me.
    Anyway, looking forward to some riding this winter in SoCal. Here's a video of my first ride and impressions that I thought I'd share with you guys.

People do have some issues with the 1st to 2nd shift like you are describing. Be forceful with it and you shouldn't have any issues, but people have had better luck shifting prematurely rather than later - I myself don't really experience the issue and tend to ride the gears all the way out. Might try clutch cable adjustments and see if that helps any.
    --------------------------------------------------
    ~Think for Yourself, Question Authority~

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Great looking bike, glad you like it.

That noise when going slow that you thought was something rubbing is just the transmission. It uses straight cut gears and it kind of sounds like a supercharger whine. You may also notice a slight knocking sound when the bike is idling in neutral with the clutch lever out, that's the springs in the clutch pressure plate rattling around. Some do it worse than others. It mostly goes away when you pull the clutch lever in. Nothing wrong with it but a lot of people that are new to the bike notice it.

Enjoy it and stay safe. I'm kind of jealous, we have about a foot of snow and low to mid 30's temps. Wish it was sunny and mid 70's.

Oh, I've had mine almost 14 years now and it's still an amazing ride every time I get on it. So the feeling doesn't go away.

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Great video and congrats on the new bike. I bet you got a steal of a deal with them thinking it was engine noise. Don't know what they did to destroy the clutch that fast. Obviously a new rider

Too funny he was speechless! LOL

Enjoy my video!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

You will find it stays on full for a long time but drops quick at half a tank. I can typically get about 165 to 170 miles. When the light starts blinking you have about 20 miles. When it's solid you need to start looking seriously for gas.

They all shift hard from 1st to 2nd. Adjust your clutch. Search the forum for how. There needs to be about 2 quarters thickness with the clutch at rest before you feel it starting to activate or you will have issues with the cable breaking.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Nice video! I love to see someone enjoying their bike. I have owned 4- M109's, and am always on the lookout for another. I also like the way that you explained that you "accidentally" bought that bike. Been using that excuse for a few years now to explain things, everytime a new bike shows up at my house. Actually found a 2007 LE for $3800 that I am trying to figure out a way to explain to the wife how it might "follow me home". I just hope it is still there by the time I figure out an answer. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Nice video! I love to see someone enjoying their bike. I have owned 4- M109's, and am always on the lookout for another. I also like the way that you explained that you "accidentally" bought that bike. Been using that excuse for a few years now to explain things, everytime a new bike shows up at my house. Actually found a 2007 LE for $3800 that I am trying to figure out a way to explain to the wife how it might "follow me home". I just hope it is still there by the time I figure out an answer. Enjoy!
    Ahahaha, that's hilarious man. My wife doesn't find any of this amusing at all. I have 6 bikes in the garage right now. To my credit they all run. I definitely need more seat time though. It seems every time I leave the house there's a reason why I have to take my truck instead these days. But luckily I have some interesting twisty roads right where I live so even a 10-15 minute ride is usually pretty fun and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    You will find it stays on full for a long time but drops quick at half a tank. I can typically get about 165 to 170 miles. When the light starts blinking you have about 20 miles. When it's solid you need to start looking seriously for gas.

They all shift hard from 1st to 2nd. Adjust your clutch. Search the forum for how. There needs to be about 2 quarters thickness with the clutch at rest before you feel it starting to activate or you will have issues with the cable breaking.
    Thanks for the tips! I'll look for the video today. The bike is sooooo solid and runs so well but it's spoiled a bit by the 1st to 2nd experience. Glad to hear that's easy to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post

That noise when going slow that you thought was something rubbing is just the transmission.
    Oh that's good to know! Thank you. I was like man, what is that crazy supercharger noise!? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post

Too funny he was speechless! LOL

Enjoy my video!
    Great video! I have so many questions!
    What kind of display is that? Do you have a link for this mod?
    And what kind of phone mount are you using on the tank there? Is it glued on?
    Cool edit!

Great video! I have so many questions!
    LOL ok

What kind of display is that? Do you have a link for this mod?

Its actually THREE MOD$$$... AND ONE OF KIND I KNOW THAT MUCH!

New Gauges & Gear Indicator from REVO CYCLES KIT...
    (HE ONLY SELLS C* GAUGES SO I PURCHASED F* GAUGES DIRECT FROM MFG AND HAD HIM DISCOUNT KIT)

New Gauge Lighting custom with eBay faceplate installed by: http://www.bluegauges.com/ <<SITE IS SAFE IGNORE CERTIFICATE WARNING!

Full Install by: Crystal City Motorworx https://www.facebook.com/ccmotorworx/

LINKS ARE IN THIS VIDEO TOO

And what kind of phone mount are you using on the tank there? Is it glued on? Cool edit!
    NOPE JUST REALLY KICK ASS SET MAGNETS IN FELT POUCH ON MY TANK

I CAN MOVE IT ANYWHERE WITH SCOSCHE PLATE ON MY PHONE... WILL HOLD FIND UNLESS I CRASH... BUT GREAT FOR GPS OR GO PRO USE DAYS!
    Last edited by StitchsLoft; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:07 PM.
    ~Stitch

Cool edit!
    This is probably my best edit for my bike channel... I live a compartmentalized life LOL

One my best friends from High School lost her BF to Cancer and he was brother Fire Fighter so I made this for her one night!

~Stitch

Very Active Member

Great video, I commented on your channel(Steve mcbutterpants)! This site is is a treasure trove of info by the way. A bit slow at times with the m109 Facebook pages stealing all the thunder though.
    Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post

Thanks for the tips! I'll look for the video today. The bike is sooooo solid and runs so well but it's spoiled a bit by the 1st to 2nd experience. Glad to hear that's easy to fix.
    Not sure the cable adjustment will fix your issue but it is something to read about especially since you just had yours replaced. A bad clutch adjustment might be your problem. I listened to your video and while my clutch does make a sound while idling, I am not sure about yours. It does sound strange to me but others may comment different. I have an 06 and replaced my clutch about 40,000 miles ago so don't really remember if that is normal or not.

I really like a video where it's not a bash fest from someone who solely likes one brand over another.. Welcome to the BEAST! And enjoy... You'll want more power soon based on your riding style! And welcome to the forum.

That initial noise when you pulled over early in the video did seem abnormal, not sure why at this point but surely check your clutch adjustment.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.