Harley... Lol

Thread: Harley... Lol

Default Harley... Lol

My mom and her boyfriend came over to my place today to visit. They came on his 2010 Harley Street Glide. I had both my 90 and my 9 out because I had just finished cleaning them.

The guy is usually pretty cool. His name is Ricky. Well, Ricky came over and started pointing out how theres a few spots on my chrome on the 9. Then started talking about his harley and how the chrome is great quality etc.

Referring to the 9, he said "what is that? A 1300?" I laughed and told him the 90 is 1500 and the 9 is 1800 and that they both pull hard. I gave him some info on them, including that they are 5 speed. He said, "oh see, that's where Suzuki f***** up. My harley is 6 speed. That extra gear makes a big difference, especially on the highway. He said he was riding from Tampa to Orlando once and passed a few bikes on the way and they tried to pass him back but they couldn't.... "the same thing would happen to yours, you can't touch this on the highway"

At this point I was just laughing hard. I told him to bet on it. His bike can't take the 90, let alone even be close to the 9. I offered to show him and he declined, and when I told him to at least ride it he said "nah I'm just trying to relax today. I used to have a C50, I already know how those bikes feel. "

My step son was there and heard everything.
    He ended up telling my younger brother who has a Kawasaki Vulcan S (650 in line 2 cylinder, pretty quick for starter bike category) and my brother asked what the hell was he smoking 😂.

I have my preferences and my own taste, but I give credit where credit is due, and respect all bikes. But man I had to laugh at this. His harley is not in the same category of cruiser, and not even close to on the same level on performance. I'm considering winning some easy money if he comes around here disrespecting the zooks again.
    '09 Suzuki M90- 250 tire, ATRE, lowered, front spoiler, Cobra Speedsters, LEDs, & few other cosmetics
    '13 Suzuki M109r Metz 280, Cobra Swept exhaust, LED Headlight
    '05 Jaguar XJR fbo, Nitrous/supercharged 600+hp

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I ride with a couple of guys on Harley Street Glides, BMW Cop bike, Concours 14, to name a few of the big ones. They don't know WHAT the "9" is. They assumed, (at first) it was JUST another cruiser kicked out from Japan. In the end, they get shown what the "9" is when they try and leave me in the dust. Even the Concourse 14 was struggling to catch my "9" smashing up a steep grade coming out of San Luis Obispo. He shot out figuring we were all way behind him, he let off and I shot past him as I was a car length behind him at around 110. He Got back on it and caught me at the top, but even he admitted "That bike has some balls." The BMW was coming up after him, he had no chance. I think his bike tops out at like 130.

I have one riding buddy that I let take my bike for a spin so I could hear what the Side Burner sounded like after I put that on. He has a 2013 Street Glide, spike intake, Rhinehart exhaust, a Harley Programmer that really woke his bike up. After he just lightly pulled the throttle, hit second, and that was enough for him. He asked me "how do you ride that thing on those curvy roads without breaking the tire loose?"

Our "9"s are like Hot Rods. They are brash, unrefined, brute strength machines. Are they the fastest? No. Are they the quickest? Not really. But if you can figure out how to unleash the beast without losing control, you can beat just about any squid who has the money for a fast bike, but not the sense to ride it. (90% of sport bike owners in my opinion.) We have machines that are not seen every day, and few people really know what they are about. It is fun running down a sport bike on the freeway, or smoking just about anything from a stop light with little effort. I feel it is my duty to educate the un-informed of what we ride, one lesson at a time.

RIDE ON BROTHERS! CLASS IS IN SESSION!
    Last edited by StuporDave; 11-29-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I love it when my bike gets underestimated. I have had Hayabusas, ZX14, and even a KTM superduke give me a try on the Vmax. The issue with them is that they don't understand what 1679 cc of V4 power is like. And even in stock form, no bikes can really do much with it until after 100 mph. For me, I get out of it by that time anyway. Yes, I enjoy riding with all types of bikes and cruising is what I do most of the time. But every now and then, you have to make an example out of someone. Ask a couple of my brothers that were at the MAM, they will tell you

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Funny he didnt want to TRY it... LOL
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

Of course he didn't want to TRY it, nobody likes to be proven wrong. A few years back I owned a 1981 KZ1300 inline 6. I went on a ride with some friends. An "old" guy had just gotten a brand new 1200 Sportster. He told me that this was the fastest bike he has owned. (All Harleys.) we pulled up to a stop sign at the same time. He gave it a full twist and took off. I shot past him like a 45 slug out of the end of a Colt 1911. He didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

Silly Harley owners.

Quote Originally Posted by StuporDave View Post
    Of course he didn't want to TRY it, nobody likes to be proven wrong. A few years back I owned a 1981 KZ1300 inline 6. I went on a ride with some friends. An "old" guy had just gotten a brand new 1200 Sportster. He told me that this was the fastest bike he has owned. (All Harleys.) we pulled up to a stop sign at the same time. He gave it a full twist and took off. I shot past him like a 45 slug out of the end of a Colt 1911. He didn't talk to me for the rest of the day.

Silly Harley owners.

~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

Very Active Member

Some of those Harley guys won't even wave back when I pass them. I think they are insecure about something.

Quote Originally Posted by jdirving View Post
    Some of those Harley guys won't even wave back when I pass them. I think they are insecure about something.
    I just had that experience about 3 weeks ago. I had just pulled out onto a main road, after leaving my house, when a guy on a Harley Electra Glide passed me. Well, as I went through the normal progression of the gears, I passed him quickly, as I pulled up to a red light seconds before him. I was in the lane right next to him, as we were going in the same direction. I gave a wave, and the guy wouldn’t even look my way. I know for sure, he got a good look at my 08’ Crushed Chrome M109R. However, the looks, sound, and speed of my bike probably made him realize his Harley wasn’t as hot as he may have previously thought.

Lots of Harley owners get their butts hurt, whenever they see something that’s obviously more attractive than their clunks, or whenever a 9 is parked next to their Harley, and all of the walkers-by stop and ask questions about the 9, without acknowledging the Harley even exists at that moment.

I think their insecurities come from the realization that their Harley’s are NOT the top of the line cruisers out there, others don’t admire their Harleys as much as they once may, and there’s not a thing they can do to change that reality.

Default Harley Clowns...lol

Yes sir, I agree about the insecurity. I just look at those types at the light (Judah9), and make it known to them that I’m laughing at them! Most those types can’t really ride, or are afraid to be shown up by a “metric” cruiser. When the light goes green they don’t want the smoke...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I just had that experience about 3 weeks ago. I had just pulled out onto a main road, after leaving my house, when a guy on a Harley Electra Glide passed me. Well, as I went through the normal progression of the gears, I passed him quickly, as I pulled up to a red light seconds before him. I was in the lane right next to him, as we were going in the same direction. I gave a wave, and the guy wouldn’t even look my way. I know for sure, he got a good look at my 08’ Crushed Chrome M109R. However, the looks, sound, and speed of my bike probably made him realize his Harley wasn’t as hot as he may have previously thought.

Lots of Harley owners get their butts hurt, whenever they see something that’s obviously more attractive than their clunks, or whenever a 9 is parked next to their Harley, and all of the walkers-by stop and ask questions about the 9, without acknowledging the Harley even exists at that moment.

I think their insecurities come from the realization that their Harley’s are NOT the top of the line cruisers out there, others don’t admire their Harleys as much as they once may, and there’s not a thing they can do to change that reality.
    Well said Judah....

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post

I think most of them think we compromised or settled for the 109 because we couldn't afford a Harley so in their mind it puts us beneath them. I can afford one, but right now it is not my priority. I wouldn't mind having one, but they are so overpriced. The biggest thing I don't like about Harley are the horsepower numbers. It seems like for all that money they'd give you more horsepower. My next bike will probably be a used Honda f6b or zx-14 then after that I will give Harley a look. I've smoked a few Harley baggers, I don't even know why they tried. The vrod is probably our only competition, but I've never ran into one.

I think most of them think we compromised or settled for the 109 because we couldn't afford a Harley so in their mind it puts us beneath them. I can afford one, but right now it is not my priority. I wouldn't mind having one, but they are so overpriced. The biggest thing I don't like about Harley are the horsepower numbers. It seems like for all that money they'd give you more horsepower. My next bike will probably be a used Honda f6b or zx-14 then after that I will give Harley a look. I've smoked a few Harley baggers, I don't even know why they tried. The vrod is probably our only competition, but I've never ran into one.
    I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve always felt that most Harley owners look down at other bike owners with the thought/belief that we couldn’t afford a Harley. I never have and never will own a Harley. They’re merely overpriced and underperforming hunks of profusely-shaking-piles-of-metal in my opinion. Most of us can afford just about any bike we wasn’t. I bought all four of my 9s, because I was initially intrigued by its stock looks and performance. After taking ownership of my first, and subsequently becoming more aware of how I could improve the performance and customize the looks, I ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE WITH THE 9.

I had a chance to purchase a Honda F6B a while back, but I decided against it because I already had my Honda Rune. If I ever decide a bagger style bike, it will definitely be a used 1800cc HONDA F6B.

Some me years ago, back in Kentucky, I participated in a Poker Run event to raise money for a disabled child in our local area. There was a guy there who had recently purchased a V-ROD MUSCLE/SPORT. I could tell he kept looking at my 9 before we took off. During the route the leader gave the signal to open the throttles and let the bikes rip. He was about 3 or 4 bikes ahead of me at the time, but I quickly caught and ran past him with the exhaust growling like a gorilla on steroids. When we stopped at the first refuel and rest stop, I saw him walking aggressively toward me and my 9. I thought I was going to have to square up with him, but he just wanted to tell me how he could never catch back up to me after I passed him, and how he really wanted an M109R instead of the V-ROD. And the only reason he had the V-ROD was because the Suzuki dealer was sold out of M109Rs, and the V-ROD was the closest likeness to the 9 he could find. I had no idea he was trying to catch up to me. I was merely riding my 9 in the manner it was intended. However, I did want all the Harley owners to know (and there were quite a few) that their bikes were not superior to my 9. I definitely made my point that day, as after the event was completed many of them had a ton of questions for me about my bike.

It it was a GREAT DAY!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you think Indian owners look down at Harleys? I mean, they have more power, and cost more.

Do you think Indian owners look down at Harleys? I mean, they have more power, and cost more.
    It would certainly be understandable if they did, since the Indian bikes are far more superior in terms of performance, looks, durability, and dependability. That’s just my personal opinion, of course. Not to mention, I am diametrically opposed to the Harley brand bikes altogether.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 12-07-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Harley's have made some significant steps in performance and reliability in the last couple of years. I have a friend I have known since elementary school. He and his wife have owned Harleys for the last couple of decades. His wife picked up a CVO Street Glide with that new Milwaukee 8, 117 ci motor. It is almost as good as a metric. Smoother than my friends 2015 Street Glide, power is pretty good as well. I actually went and looked at a new Road Glide with that motor in it. I love the look of the Road Glide, but $30,000+ for a bike that STILL is not as fast as my "9". Or as smooth. Or as reliable. Not to mention we all know that if you park our "9"s, stock or otherwise, next to a bunch of Harleys, those Harleys become invisible. I just couldn't pull the trigger. Didn't make sense.

Harley's have made some significant steps in performance and reliability in the last couple of years. I have a friend I have known since elementary school. He and his wife have owned Harleys for the last couple of decades. His wife picked up a CVO Street Glide with that new Milwaukee 8, 117 ci motor. It is almost as good as a metric. Smoother than my friends 2015 Street Glide, power is pretty good as well. I actually went and looked at a new Road Glide with that motor in it. I love the look of the Road Glide, but $30,000+ for a bike that STILL is not as fast as my "9". Or as smooth. Or as reliable. Not to mention we all know that if you park our "9"s, stock or otherwise, next to a bunch of Harleys, those Harleys become invisible. I just couldn't pull the trigger. Didn't make sense.
    I agree with the assertion that Harley did make a big improvement with Milwaukee motor they instituted a couple of years ago. I’ve read and have been informed by a few sources that the newer CVO Street Glide is a much smoother a slightly faster than the previous year models. It’s no secret that I’m definitely not a fan of the Harley brand. In fact, I’m totally opposed to the brand. I don’t like the look, and I really don’t care for the performance, whatsoever. Although I’m being very bias, and my outlook on the brand is extremely negative, I consider Harleys to be nothing more than noise-making, shaking, piles of metal and rubber, who’s real claim to fame is the frequency with which they constantly break down, and leave their owners stranded alongside the roadways...all around the world. Not to mention, they are exponentially-overpriced.

In conclusion, I’ve had a plethora of experiences where I had one of my 9s parked next to some Harleys in a motorcycle parking area, or at a bike event. No one seemed to care much at all about the Harleys, while I had tons of questions and compliments coming at me in rapid fire succession. You should’ve seen the pissed off, disgusted, and dejected looks on their faces. It was legendary!!!😂😂😂

Wink Harley Insult

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harley Insult.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	390042
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

😂😂😂...That’s HILARIOUS!!!

Default Harleys... Slithy Toves

I run both a 9 and an Indian Roadmaster, different bikes for different purposes.
    Both are best of breed (IMHO), but don't compare a sports car to a pickup truck.
    I wouldn't have taken my 9 on the Route 66 trip (3,600 miles) but the 9 is absolutely the most fun for ripping around town.

Now Harleys... They lost me when the sales rep had to explain that I wasn't buying a bike, I was buying a lifestyle. I just wanted to buy the bike, I have my own lifestyle.

Agreed. Honestly, I can appreciate all different types of cars and bikes. Some Harleys are super nice. My mom's boyfriend's Harley is nice, but like you mentioned, just because they are both motorcycles, its not comparing apples to apples against the 9.

The issue comes with the junk he was talking about how the Harley would smoke my 9 in a race. Maybe in carrying luggage or making noise, but not in a race.
    '09 Suzuki M90- 250 tire, ATRE, lowered, front spoiler, Cobra Speedsters, LEDs, & few other cosmetics
    '13 Suzuki M109r Metz 280, Cobra Swept exhaust, LED Headlight
    '05 Jaguar XJR fbo, Nitrous/supercharged 600+hp

Just put on the Hard Krome Side Burner and Harleys lose the noise race......

Since I put on the Side Burner, no one will ride on the right side of my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Old.Seadog View Post
    I run both a 9 and an Indian Roadmaster, different bikes for different purposes.
    Both are best of breed (IMHO), but don't compare a sports car to a pickup truck.
    I wouldn't have taken my 9 on the Route 66 trip (3,600 miles) but the 9 is absolutely the most fun for ripping around town.

Now Harleys... They lost me when the sales rep had to explain that I wasn't buying a bike, I was buying a lifestyle. I just wanted to buy the bike, I have my own lifestyle.
    Also, what he was secretly telling you was...your Hardly Davidson motorcycle purchase was a lifestyle that was going to cost you tons of money after the sale, because you would be constantly returning the bike to their facility for repair, after repair, after repair. That in itself is a lifestyle. Of course he couldn't sell you a Hardly as an actual bike, because he knew it was more likely going to become a 700+ pound garage ornament, instead of a motorcycle you could actually go out to your garage, start up successfully on any given day, go out for a ride anywhere you wanted, and make it back home on the same machine you left your house on, without leaving a massive trail of nuts and bolts all over the roadways, while also being stranded on the side of the road. That is also a major characteristic of the "lifestyle" he was trying to sell you.