Thinking of selling my M109 or something, need advise?(not an advertisement)

Thread: Thinking of selling my M109 or something, need advise?(not an advertisement)

Very Active Member

Default Thinking of selling my M109 or something, need advise?(not an advertisement)

Been a long time since I have been here and there is a reason for that, I have a 2007 M with approx. 18,000 miles on it and it has the dreaded piston slap issue.. It did run the last time I started it but it has been setting in my garage for many years and I am not sure if it is worth selling or not, so I am asking you guys what you think? I don't think that there is anything else wrong with it(as if piston slap is not enough). The exhaust has been changed and a couple of other small mods but nothing major, never been dropped or anything like that.

What do you think, try to sell it for parts or find someone that would want to rebuild it and is it worth anything?

Thanks,
    Bill
    When you dance with an Elephant it's up to you to not get stepped on. 2007 Black M109R(I wish I had my on set of roads)

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I've never heard of piston slap being a problem on these, are you sure that's what it is? Can you describe what it sounds like and when it occurs?

Our pistons have such short skirts that piston slap shouldn't happen easily, unless there is really a lot of wear in the engine.

As far as selling the parts or the entire bike, I would sell the entire bike. Parts take a long time to get rid of and you usually end up with half a bike left. But that's just me.

I also wonder what you mean about piston slap. Perhaps recording the sound and posting it would get some possibilities for the problem. I would sell the bike rather than parting it out. Too much work for what you might gain.