My 2006 M109R wont start!
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: My 2006 M109R wont start!

  1. #1

    Default My 2006 M109R wont start!

    Hello, i’m having issues with my bike Saturday i was working in the driveway and i started her up a couple of times to move it out of the way! Sunday i had a possible buyer comming to see it! When it came time to start it up it wouldnt start ! It just wouldnt turn over! I put gas because it was a bit low but still nothing! I checked my fuses all good i parked it in the garage (pretty cold now to leave it out) and fully charged the battery and still yet this afternoon it wouldnt start, i can here the pump, it juste turns but wont start! Any suggestions?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Active Member Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Themansandman View Post
    Hello, i’m having issues with my bike Saturday i was working in the driveway and i started her up a couple of times to move it out of the way! Sunday i had a possible buyer comming to see it! When it came time to start it up it wouldnt start ! It just wouldnt turn over! I put gas because it was a bit low but still nothing! I checked my fuses all good i parked it in the garage (pretty cold now to leave it out) and fully charged the battery and still yet this afternoon it wouldnt start, i can here the pump, it juste turns but wont start! Any suggestions?
    Did you have the tank off by chance?

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Themansandman View Post
    Hello, i’m having issues with my bike Saturday i was working in the driveway and i started her up a couple of times to move it out of the way! Sunday i had a possible buyer comming to see it! When it came time to start it up it wouldnt start ! It just wouldnt turn over! I put gas because it was a bit low but still nothing! I checked my fuses all good i parked it in the garage (pretty cold now to leave it out) and fully charged the battery and still yet this afternoon it wouldnt start, i can here the pump, it juste turns but wont start! Any suggestions?
    Did you have the tank off by chance?
    Where is the switch? To be honest i’ve never turned it on or off but my daughter is always messing with the bike and she could have maybe by accident

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member k109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    mass
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    There is no switch,he means completely off the bike.are you pulling in the clutch lever it won’t start if you don’t,even in neutral.check the kickstand switch,how old is your battery ?
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

  7. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k109 View Post
    There is no switch,he means completely off the bike.are you pulling in the clutch lever it won’t start if you don’t,even in neutral.check the kickstand switch,how old is your battery ?
    Clutch is pulled in completely line was changed recently (worked fine since) the kick stand also lifted during my last attempts usually i put in neutral as to not have to lift it up! Still nothing! Battery was at 100% i had it plugged in to my smart charger to be sure ! I did not remove tank but i might try and flush the gas and check the line for any cloggs...

  8. #6
    Very Active Member UVATom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Concord, VA
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Are you saying it turns over but doesn't start or doesn't turn over. You seem to say both in your post. If it's turning over then it is not any of the switches (clutch, kickstand, or kill switch). It's not getting fuel or not getting spark. If it's not turning over then it could be any of the switches mentioned above or check the ground wire from the battery. Does it say check in the cluster?
    Last edited by UVATom; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:37 PM.

  9. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    Are you saying it turns over but doesn't start or doesn't turn over. You seem to say both in your post. If it's turning over then it is not any of the switches (clutch, kickstand, or kill switch). It's not getting fuel or not getting spark. If it's not turning over then it could be any of the switches mentioned above or check the ground wire from the battery. Does it say check in the cluster?
    It’s turing over but isnt starting! I’m in the process of changing fuel filter (is there anotherone other than in the tank?) at the same time k might changed spark plugs for good mesure!

  10. #8
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Sounds like it doesn't want to be sold... LOL
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  11. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Sounds like it doesn't want to be sold... LOL
    yeah just wants me to spend more money on it! Jesus not given the spark plugs and fuel filter....

  12. #10
    Very Active Member Mrtallguy67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gardner, KS
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Remember even thought these are V-twin engines we have 4 plugs to change not 2.

    BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

  13. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Remember even thought these are V-twin engines we have 4 plugs to change not 2.
    Why not!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->