I'll buy the tires ..but

Thread: I'll buy the tires ..but

Question I'll buy the tires ..but

Hi..new guy here...reasonably what should i expect to pay to have stock tires mounted?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you take the wheels off yourself and bring only the wheels to the shop, its much cheaper than if the shop has to remove the wheels from the bike also.

My local shop charges $25 - $30 per wheel to mount and balance if I bring in only the wheel and if I purchase the tire from them. They may charge a bit more if I bought the tire elsewhere.

I do not know the cost if I brought the entire bike in for them to remove the wheels also as I have never done that.
    But it is likely they would go by "Book" labor charges on top of what they normally charge to mount and balance.
    Most shops charge near $100 per hour or more for labor, so it could cost around $150 to have both tires mounted and balanced if you bring in the entire bike instead of just the wheels.

There is usually also a small tire disposal fee for the shop to get rid of the old tires. This is normally $5-$8 per tire.
    Last edited by Stalker; 4 Days Ago at 01:55 AM.

Default Cost to mount tires

I live in Lake Havasu, Arizona. This is Harley country which means you pay a premium for everything.

I had a tires mounted front and back for my 07 M109R. I brought the tires in and dropped the bike with them. The cost was 60 dollars plus 20 dollars because I didn't buy the tires from them plus 7 dollars per tire for disposal.

I also have a GSXR 1300BK (B-King). This is a Haybusa for old guys. Replacing the back tire was 60 dollars plus 20 (bmot) plus 7 dollars.

cheers
    Pat Price

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

It cost me a total of $170.00 a year ago to have the two old tires taken out, mount the new ones , balance them plus tax . The tires I also brought them with me .
    Last edited by josey088; 50 Minutes Ago at 09:53 PM.