Confirm my suspicions

Thread: Confirm my suspicions

Default Confirm my suspicions

Last couple of rides I've noticed that while down shifting for light or intersection bike will stall. Also it will do it if i get on it hard to accelerate then back off the throttle.. bike is a2012 with almost 80 000kms. I suspect fuel filter is the culprit as it hasn't been changed ever. Also if i burp the throttle while down shifting I can get it to sometime stay running. Never any issues while on the throttle normally.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I’m not certain, but my initial thought was there may be an issue with the fuel filter. Not too long ago, there was a member here who changed his fuel filter, and I remember him having found a fuel filter that was a definite upgrade from the OEM fuel filter. According to the writeup on it, it filtered much better, and lasted much longer. I want to say it was even washable and reusable indefinitely. Perhaps you can do a search on here, and find that thread.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I’m not certain, but my initial thought was there may be an issue with the fuel filter. Not too long ago, there was a member here who changed his fuel filter, and I remember him having found a fuel filter that was a definite upgrade from the OEM fuel filter. According to the writeup on it, it filtered much better, and lasted much longer. I want to say it was even washable and reusable indefinitely. Perhaps you can do a search on here, and find that thread.
    We have run ones from the gsxr that have worked great for about $2/each off ebay. However, there now is an oem style one that works great as well and is $4 each, far better price than the oem one. The company sold me then for $2.50 each as I am a shop and bought a quantity from them. Identical to oem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-15420-...72.m2749.l2649
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109