Turbo vacuum issues

Thread: Turbo vacuum issues

Default Turbo vacuum issues

Hi, I have 2011 M109r with Midnight Express turbo kit on it. I bought it used and I wasn’t the one that installed the kit on it. One of the vacuum lines is open and looks like it was connected before. Does anyone have a vacuum diagram for those turbo kits. Also my waste gate is not opening when I take off the throttle. Any help is greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	172C4BF9-6A9E-418E-9446-78EF54FB6693_1602187944379.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	389834  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I can’t comment on the tubing but I’d imagine it follows the same basic connections as any other turbo kit. As far as the wastegate goes, it is not meant to open when you let off the throttle. The wastegate opens while you are ON the throttle and controls your boost pressure by bleeding off excess exhaust gas once you have hit your desired boost level. A blow off valve is what would open when you let off the throttle and that should have a vacuum line coming from it that hooks up to your intake manifold.

I meant blow off valve wasn’t opening, you stand correct. I found one possible connection which is mass sensor and when connected blow off started to working properly. Now, from repair manual looks like this bike have two mass air flow sensors and one of them is missing. I’m wondering if that could cause the bike to sputter around mid range when accelerating.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by pawel900rr View Post
    I meant blow off valve wasn’t opening, you stand correct. I found one possible connection which is mass sensor and when connected blow off started to working properly. Now, from repair manual looks like this bike have two mass air flow sensors and one of them is missing. I’m wondering if that could cause the bike to sputter around mid range when accelerating.
    This bike does not use mass airflow sensors. Those are Manifold pressure sensors. My guess would be that the MAP sensor system has been reworked and maybe reduced to one sensor to deal with the boost pressure. Do you not have access to a vacuum test gauge? You can also download the factory service manual for free.