Bluetooth communicator.

Thread: Bluetooth communicator.

Default Bluetooth communicator.

Is anyone using a bluetooth communications device with a half helmet? If so what brand is the best at eliminating wind noise on the mic?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

As far as I know, and based on all the research I’ve completed, there is no communication system that will work with a half helmet. For years I searched for something that would work with a half helmet. I came up empty-handed, so I gave up searching for one, after a long time of searching. Everything I found was for use with a full-face or modular helmet.

I used a CARDO PACTALK with mine you can buy to integrated boom mic. I have one for my half shell and one for my full face
    https://www.amazon.com/Cardo-SPPT000.../dp/B071GPHS9W
    Last edited by gino33; 10-07-2020 at 08:04 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I have the packtalk in my full face and love it. My wife uses it in her modular and loves it too. I cant speak for the use on a half helmet, but the unit itself is great!

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by gino33 View Post
    I used a CARDO PACTALK with mine you can buy to integrated boom mic. I have one for my half shell and one for my full face
    https://www.amazon.com/Cardo-SPPT000.../dp/B071GPHS9W
    Does it work well with your half helmet? With all the wind noise you get with wearing a half helmet, my thought is that something like that wouldn’t work well, plus it would be extremely-difficult keeping it from being pulled away from the face ears by the force of the wind.

I have a Daytona Half Helmet that looks like the German Tanker Helmet. I bought some speaker pockets that slide in between the padding and the shell and installed a Sena 20s Evo. It works better than wearing my ear buds. I can have phone conversations while cruising 80 on the freeway without a windscreen. The mic does get blown around a bit when going over 80 or a strong headwind, but not a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Does it work well with your half helmet? With all the wind noise you get with wearing a half helmet, my thought is that something like that wouldn’t work well, plus it would be extremely-difficult keeping it from being pulled away from the face ears by the force of the wind.
    I have a 3/4 Nolan and it works great! I have not tried it with an actual brain bucket yet. The mic and the technology do a good job of filter MOST wind noise. I have also noticed the unit can mute sounds that are constant.