M109 Rider Forums banner

Maggie Valley Rally 10/7-11

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  belindacruz963 
#1 ·
Just wanted to throw the invite out there for any of my M109 brothers and sisters that might be in the area. We will be going up to Maggie Valley next week 10/7-11 for the Can Am Spyder rally. All are welcome, and you know I will be there to hang out with anyone. I am actually leading one of the sponsored rides this year. Friday I will be taking my group through the Cherohola Skyway and The Dragon. Gonna probably throw a couple of surprises in if the group is small enough and the riders have enough experience to hang:doorag:.
Anyway, hit me up if you will be in the area, would love to meet and hang out with some of you. Last year we stayed in Boone, and just rode down for one day to the Maggie Valley rally. But this year we have a cabin in Maggie Valley, just away from the Wheels Thru Time museum. Going to trailer up so that the wife will have the tow vehicle to go shopping on the days that she doesn't want to ride. Hope to see you there.

#3 ·
We had a wonderful time. I lead a group of 15 spyders and 1 two wheeler on Friday through the Cherohola Skyway and the Dragon. The lady with the dog was in our group. As for night rides, I didn't participate in any of those. My night vision is not what I would like for it to be. I will ride at night if I get caught out, but not intentionally. Did a total of 700 miles in the mountains over 4 days of riding. Saturday was a short day, and Wednesday was only 100 miles. The rain was chasing us all day on Saturday and we didn't get to ride until after 1. I almost saw my first spyder flip this weekend. Guy on a F3S had the front right wheel come up almost 4' off the ground, while meeting a car in a curve. Had he not put his foot down, he definitely would have flipped. Ashamed too, as he was really fast, and the one, of 2 guys that could give me some good competition:doorag:. He had a lot of work done to his bike and actually was ahead of me on the Cherohola Skyway. His $1000+ shocks gave him an advantage on long sweeping curves. Hit 107 in a couple of areas. But when we got to the Dragon, his advantage was gone. After his incident, he waved me on. He lost his never (as I would have too), and was a bit more subdued after that.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.