M109 Rider Forums banner

slight vibration as I start off in 1st. + another question on motor mounts

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Straycat 
#1 · (Edited)
Had my 2017 M109R since March and I love it.

It had 7000km on it when I got it, Ive got 10,000km on it now.

Question #1

I noticed today as I got back home from a ride that, as I turned into my road, in 1st gear, there was a slight vibration as I rounded the corner and got underway. (felt it in the seat of my pants). Once moving a bit faster it went away. Seems to be there as I let out the clutch and it does away after I get more than a few km/h of speed. This is NOT a clutch judder type of feeling.

Wondering if this is common on the newer bikes ? and what the issue may be ?

Update--- went back out 40 minutes later and no vibration. All good. Not sure whats up with that, maybe its just the new gear I was wearing gave me a different feel the first time out (LOL)

Question #2
Also, does anyone have a good source for the ployurethane engine mounts ? I plan to change the front mounts this winter and im looking for a link to a reliable site than sells them. Id prefer polyurethane to the hard OEM ones used in the top rear mount. I do notice the 3500rpm vibration is a bit worse that I initially recall, not sure it this is linked to issue #1 ?

thanks in advance to everyone who replies!!

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks BIG MIKE.

#5 ·
Thanks Tom, I may go that route from the dealer. I emailed the guy about the poly ones to see if they take PayPal (site doesnt say) and I got no reply (Im not big on lack of response/service from vendors)

Reactions: Joe RC51
#6 ·
Well after a 3rd attempt to get an email reply from Sales@Billydump.com, I got zero reply... again, I have to say that getting no reply on a basic email question (3x) regarding payment for a product is very poor customer service and leaves me with zero confidence in the seller, so, I decided to go OEM rear hard mounts up front.

Called the dealer and they are back ordered. I put the order in so it takes 24-48 hours for Suzuki to provide an expected delivery date. They will have an ETA for me on Friday.

If that takes too long ill go to Partszilla for them I guess.

Who'd have thought getting engine mounts would be so difficult.

#7 ·
I was going to order through billydump as well but didn't like how they want your credit card information before even giving a price on shipping.... leaves it open for a surprise charge to the credit card

Although I did email and got a response on shipping costs

#8 ·
I did finally buy a set , gave them a second chance (after I installed a set of OEM rear hard mounts up front). They will send you a PayPal invoice (which is what I prefer).

They arrived fine a few weeks ago, took about 2 weeks for mine to arrive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.