M109 Rider Forums banner

Any one ever used a GREEN LIGHT TRIGGER?

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  StitchsLoft 
#1 ·
Had this ad pop up today on my Instagram!
https://greenlighttriggers.com/

Anyone ever seen one or used one? I live in area that often I can get stuck at lights at night!

#2 ·
That’s a nice device. The state of North Carolina has a 3 minute rule after coming to a complete stop to proceed.

#4 ·
Thank you Stitch. That is a great find. I never think about one of these, unless/until I’m out on one of my bikes, and I get caught sitting at a red light for an extended period of time, in this super-hot Texas heat. In just a few minutes, I’m going to order one for each of my bikes.

Thanks again Stitch.😁👍🏽👊🏽👍🏽😁

Bobby

#6 ·
I have seen devices that are supposed to increase the mass of a motorcycle to allow the sensors in the road to recognize a motorcycle. They were nothing more than a steel pipe that was strapped to the lower frame member. I don't believe that these devices were very effective. I am skeptical about this magnet. I presume it would require riding over a specific area in the pavement.

#7 · (Edited)
The instructions I read stated you must position your bike in the middle of the lane of traffic, allowing the magnet to emit its full transmission to activate the mechanism underground, causing the light to change much sooner. The manufacturer also states the DLT 2.0 is 3x more powerful than the 1.0 version. For $30.00, it’s certainly not an expensive risk. We’ve all probably spent a heck of a lot more cash for others items for our bikes that turned out to be a bust. I know I certainly have.

#10 ·
The instructions I read stated you must position your bike in the middle of the lane of traffic, allowing the magnet to emit its full transmission to activate the mechanism underground, causing the light to change much sooner. The manufacturer also states the DLT 2.0 is 3x more powerful than the 1.0 version. For $30.00, it's certainly not an expensive risk. We've all probably spent a heck of a lot more cash for others items for our bikes that turned out to be a bust. I know I certainly have.
Think I may try one see how it works!

#13 ·
When I first started riding (1960s), there were no electronic controls for red lights, there were steel trip plates imbedded in the pavement at intersections. The smaller bikes didn't weigh enough to cause the light to change from red to green. Since I was riding small bikes back then, I used to have to bounce the front wheel up and down on the plate to get it to change. At that time lights would change from red to amber to green.

#15 ·
There are at least five major intersections that I use to go to work. During the morning rush traffic the lights work fine but at night or early morning hours (12am-6am) I would get hung up driving my truck or car. When I'm on my bike at night or early morning hours, I would wait 30 seconds then proceed thru because of the history of waiting at those lights.

#16 ·
I put a magnet with 320lb pull on mine for getting into a parking garage at a job I had a while back. It seems that it uses the same technology as the lights by measuring the metal content of the vehicle. Obviously the metal on a motorcycle is much less and distributed differently. It worked like a charm. I put it up with a bolt and nut to make sure it stays in place under the bike.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2CZRS4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck!

#20 ·
All debunking aside, it looks like a clean solution and a similarly powered magnet is about $20 CAD retail (you can buy one yourself), and I often get stuck at lights like this in my area, so I may try one also.
:bigthumbsup:
I would kinda owrry about some big ass mag under my bike drive over some tool or too close to shovel that dropped out of work truck that might be ride I would not enjoy with some object attaching itself to my bike at 60mph... ???

#19 ·
Well... full props for ingenuity and gumption to Scott Kauffman the patent holder, he managed to get a patent for using a magnet to trip an induction loop, which is exactly what they are designed to do. Like inventing a tea cup which can also hold coffee... genius.
:joke:

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, as long as the neodymium magnet is strong enough to disrupt the field generated by your average traffic sensor. His patent says "90%" of the tests confirmed it worked. Good enough.

And his video is a bit off, as it says it is an "electromagnet" which "conducts" to the sensor (if anything, the loop in the sensor is actually a very weak electromagnet, not his product). It is neither of those things, but it sounds cool in a video with a large breasted woman holding it in her manicured fingers. Lol.
:D

All debunking aside, it looks like a clean solution and a similarly powered magnet is about $20 CAD retail (you can buy one yourself), and I often get stuck at lights like this in my area, so I may try one also.
:bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.