Seat cover

Thread: Seat cover

I was wondering if anyone has any info on these covers. My gel seat has started cracking and splitting after all these years.

https://www.luimoto.com/?c=1&my=208&p=382
    Last edited by UVATom; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has any info on these covers. My gel seat has started cracking and splitting after all these years.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390643370785
    I rarely use the passenger seat so I bought just the driver seat cover and did the installation. I just used a 3m spray adhesive and stapled the edges and I was good to go. I am very happy with the end result. They have several color patterns to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post

https://www.luimoto.com/?c=1&my=208&p=382
    Tom, I have done a fair share of seat covering over the years. Best advice, if you have a larger staple gun, you can buy staples that only penetrate about 3/16. This way the prongs stay in the base pan and do penetrate through to the other side and poke through the seat cover.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Tom, I have done a fair share of seat covering over the years. Best advice, if you have a larger staple gun, you can buy staples that only penetrate about 3/16. This way the prongs stay in the base pan and do penetrate through to the other side and poke through the seat cover.
    That is good advise futurR, the other thing I would add is use a powerful staple gun because the plastic is very hard to penetrate.

Really was looking for info on quality and fit of this brand. Should have been more specific but thanks for the info Matt. Sounds like MrBarros is happy with his. I don't use the passenger seat very often either. Just when riding the kids and wife around a couple times a year. I'll probably do the same and if I like it I'll get the back one later.
    Last edited by UVATom; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:41 AM.