Seat delima

Thread: Seat delima

Default Seat delima

I just purchased a standard cut Suzuki gel seat and am not very impressed with it, I still get sore and go numb riding, just not as quickly or bad as with the stocker.

I have been researching seats, from what I am seeing, the Ultimate seems to be the most comfortable and the Corbin the better looking. While I do like things to look good, I am a bit more into it being comfortable. Problem is, my wife is having the same issue with the passenger seat and Ultimate does not make one.

I was thinking about ordering an Ultimate rider and Corbin rear. If I ordered the Corbin rear in black vinyl it should closely match the Ultimate. Has anyone tried this? I am assuming this will work since both with work with the stock rear seat. Plus, I can get the Ultimate rider seat with a backrest for the same $$ as the Corbin rider seat with no backrest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Youíre going to get varying opinions and comments on this. So, Iím going to submit mine now, and be done with it. At the end of the day, youíll have to do whatever you feel is best for you, regardless of mine or anyone elseís opinion/comments.

Iíve owned a variety of seats for the M109R...Standard Stock Seat (Full Set), Stock LE Seat (Full Set), Custom/Modified Stock Seat (Full Set), Suzuki Gel Seat (Full Set), Ultimate Seat (Rider Only), and Corbin Seat (Full Set w/both Backrests). I found the Ultimate Seat to be fairly comfortable. But, it was just too bulky, too wide, and too tall...from all the layers of material used to form and fit the padding for the seat. It felt like I was sitting on top of the bike, rather than sitting into the bike. Also, the comfort level was just a hair better than the Suzuki Gel Seat. The most notable difference for me was the odd seating position the bulky and tall seat put the rider in. I sold the Ultimate Seat rather quickly, and plan to purchase a full set of Corbin Seats w/Backrests for that particular M109R. I currently have a full set of Corbin Seats w/Backrests on one of my other M109Rs, and they are without debate or any doubt in my mind, the BEST AND MOST COMFORTABLE MOTORCYCLE SEATS I HAVE EVER OWNED. In my honest opinion, and speaking from experience, the Ultimate Seat canít measure up to a Corbin Seat, in terms of comfort.

As for mixing a Riderís Ultimate Seat with a Passenger Corbin Seat, and expecting the coverings to match is wishful thinking, and errant optimism...in my opinion. Corbin offers a variety of styles and textures of seat coverings. However, Iíve been on their website many, many times, and Iíve never seen one of the covers they offer that looks anything like the one and only covering provided on the Ultimate Seat. Mixing the seats is something I would steer far away from, and never recommend to anyone. Itís merely a personal, pet peeve I have with certain things being consistent throughout the bike. Mix-matched seats would be a huge eyesore for me.

I realize Corbin Seats are rather costly. Thatís probably the #1 reason many bike owners have elected to go with something less expensive. However, I consider it to be money very well-spent on items that will make a huge difference and have a profoundly-positive impact on peopleís riding comfort for as long as they continue to ride.

Good luck with your decision.

Most of all, be safe out there.😊😎👍🏽👊🏽👍🏽😎😊

Bobby

Thanks Bobby, I almost sent you an IM because I thought you had both at some point. I knew they wouldn't perfectly match, just wasn't sure how far off they would be, I was hoping the black vinyl on the corbin would match fairly closely with the Ultimate but wasn't sure but was leaning towards a full corbin set.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I asked the question on FB about matching the ultimate front with Corbin rear. I was more interested if they will line up correctly, I was told they don’t. Just an FYI

Default Seat delima

I currently own a set of Corbin Seats and the Suzuki Gel cut seats, the Corbin is way better and worth the money
    Last edited by Chrispy; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:34 PM.

I have the Suzuki Full Cut gel seat and love it. BIG improvement over the stock seat.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    I currently own a set of Corbin Seats and the Suzuki Gel cut seats, the Corbin is way better and worth the money
    1000% Chrispy!!!

I too have a full set of Corbin Seats for my 08í model 9, and a full set of Suzuki Gel Seats for my 07í model 9. Based on currently having and riding with both sets on any given day, my honest assessment is the Corbin Seats are leaps and bounds more comfortable and of much better quality than the Suzuki Gel Seats. The Gel Seats are not awful, by any means. Theyíre just not in the same league as the Corbin Seats. In my opinion, $1582.00 for a full set of Corbin Seats w/both Backrests is money well-spent for hours, miles, and years of extremely-comfortable seat time on my bikes. I also have a full set on my Honda Rune. My wife loves the comfort of the Corbin Seats, which solidifies my decision to spend that much money for a set of seats. For me, thereís no better seat than a Corbin seat.

Yea, I am planning on ordering the Corbins soon, will have a set of brand new standard cut suzuki gels for sale once they come in. They are MUCH better than the stock but still not to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by mfolkert View Post
    Yea, I am planning on ordering the Corbins soon, will have a set of brand new standard cut suzuki gels for sale once they come in. They are MUCH better than the stock but still not to my liking.
    You shouldnít have any troubles selling your Gel Seats on this Forum.