I got scammed on this very forum last week. BEWARE!!!

Thread: I got scammed on this very forum last week. BEWARE!!!

Default I got scammed on this very forum last week. BEWARE!!!

On my post looking for a butter knife, some dude messaged me saying he had 2. Was only going to give him $15 since they are not that much new. There were so many clues I should have noticed. He asked me to use Whatsapp to communicate and Cash App to pay. On Whatsapp he didnt seem to know what a butter knife was.

Anyways, then he asked me what else I needed, so I asked if he had a chin spoiler. I was thinking it was a scam, almost said send me the butter knife then maybe we can do more business. First he said $130 for the chin spoiler. I said I'll do $50 and he agreed. Dont worry about the shipping he said. He didnt either. I asked him for a pic of the chin spoiler and he sent one-sure enough I just found the pic using a google search and scrolling down a little bit.

He told me it was shipped then never gave me a tracking number. Then didnt reply for 2 days until tonight, he gets on and says he was on his way to ship and fell to the ground with low blood sugar, and could I send $20 more to get this shipped. I said I would send a UPS label and that was all I heard from him. Supposedly his name is Donald Lunsford but who knows.

Beware, Beware, Beware!!!
    2005 Harley Davidson Springer Softail Custom 2007 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    2009 Victory Hammer S 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2012 Mini Cooper S Coupe
    2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2017 Suzuki M109R
    2020 Indian Scout Bobber 2014 Honda Valkyrie

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If a seller on a forum can’t use the forum to communicate and doesn’t accept PayPal, I buy elsewhere, period

Sorry to hear that happened to you CVS. ALWAYS use PayPal for any transactions with anyone online. It protects both parties from being scammed. If the other party refuses to use PayPal, just walk away from him/her, and look elsewhere.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cvsisinthehouse View Post
    On my post looking for a butter knife, some dude messaged me saying he had 2. Was only going to give him $15 since they are not that much new. There were so many clues I should have noticed. He asked me to use Whatsapp to communicate and Cash App to pay. On Whatsapp he didnt seem to know what a butter knife was.

Anyways, then he asked me what else I needed, so I asked if he had a chin spoiler. I was thinking it was a scam, almost said send me the butter knife then maybe we can do more business. First he said $130 for the chin spoiler. I said I'll do $50 and he agreed. Dont worry about the shipping he said. He didnt either. I asked him for a pic of the chin spoiler and he sent one-sure enough I just found the pic using a google search and scrolling down a little bit.

He told me it was shipped then never gave me a tracking number. Then didnt reply for 2 days until tonight, he gets on and says he was on his way to ship and fell to the ground with low blood sugar, and could I send $20 more to get this shipped. I said I would send a UPS label and that was all I heard from him. Supposedly his name is Donald Lunsford but who knows.

who was the member?

GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!!

Well tell ADMIN and have his ass removed! Ya always use Paypal!!!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

I received multiple responses from different members ( probably the same person) in regards to the Down Under Bracket and the Modified Inner Fender. But, what caught my attention when I checked the profile was that this member on EACH MEMBER NAME had a JOIN DATE of August 2020. Same response to call/text on WhatsApp. This idiot is a scammer. I never replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberhome41 View Post
    I received multiple responses from different members ( probably the same person) in regards to the Down Under Bracket and the Modified Inner Fender. But, what caught my attention when I checked the profile was that this member on EACH MEMBER NAME had a JOIN DATE of August 2020. Same response to call/text on WhatsApp. This idiot is a scammer. I never replied.
    i THOUGHT THEY SCREENED BETTER THAN THAT HERE?
    ~Stitch

Sorry to hear that happened to you Chris. Pay Pal is a must with strangers. You should post up the users name also.
    Last edited by rynosback; 08-17-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Sorry to hear about your problem, trouble is even with PayPal if you use the friend and family you've still no come back.
    I'm in the UK but if you want I'll post you a butter knife, PayPal me the postage when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberhome41 View Post
    If this is a member/s here on this board, then you need to take all the screen names to the Admin here. Or at least take each screen name and report them as scam. Other members could be effected by this the longer it goes on. The admin has the tools to prove/track all this. I, for one, would love to know the screen names.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Scammers screen name is Wandajayt, I will figure out how to report him and report him. Thanks for the advice. Could have been worse. I have some other whatsappers trying to sell me one through my messages also.
    2005 Harley Davidson Springer Softail Custom 2007 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    2009 Victory Hammer S 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe
    2010 Chevrolet Camaro RS 2012 Mini Cooper S Coupe
    2016 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2017 Suzuki M109R
    2020 Indian Scout Bobber 2014 Honda Valkyrie

That screen name was just created 3 weeks ago and they had been online within the last 3 hours looking for more victims I guess.

The same azz hat been PM'ing me about the speedo bezel I WTB. I knew right off it was a scammer and didn't respond to any of his messages. He didn't post to my wtb thread, he wanted me to call, email or contact using Whatsapp.

Here are the screen names and messages used to PM me:
    mcjohnscott I have the chrome speedometer gas tank bezel in good condition and with an affordable price. You can message me on whatsapp if you are still interested +1 914 206 4512
    winjohn1972 Contact Byrd in MI via [email protected] gmail.com.He has a chrome speedometer gas tank bezel for sale
    wrightsean315 Hi you can contact Steven he has a for sale if you are still interested [email protected]
    rjs22 Hello, I have it for sale contact me here, [email protected], contact me on WhatsApp 2136324285, or text here 972776-4621. Thanks Scot
    pascalnicholas912 Hello you can contact steven has has one for sale [email protected]

I guess you missed the red flags on the communication. I feel like this scammers are getting smarter in order to earn easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    The same azz hat been PM'ing me about the speedo bezel I WTB. I knew right off it was a scammer and didn't respond to any of his messages. He didn't post to my wtb thread, he wanted me to call, email or contact using Whatsapp.

Here are the screen names and messages used to PM me:
    mcjohnscott I have the chrome speedometer gas tank bezel in good condition and with an affordable price. You can message me on whatsapp if you are still interested +1 914 206 4512
    winjohn1972 Contact Byrd in MI via [email protected] gmail.com.He has a chrome speedometer gas tank bezel for sale
    wrightsean315 Hi you can contact Steven he has a for sale if you are still interested [email protected]
    rjs22 Hello, I have it for sale contact me here, [email protected], contact me on WhatsApp 2136324285, or text here 972776-4621. Thanks Scot
    pascalnicholas912 Hello you can contact steven has has one for sale [email protected]
    Same guy just messaged me about the chrome taillight bezel I'm looking for.
    "Life is what you make it..."

Same Here! I ended up reporting them as spam through the forum. If you good the email address, they will come up as spam on other forums.

So WHO can remove them and block them this needs addressed ASAP!
    ~Stitch

Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    So WHO can remove them and block them this needs addressed ASAP!
    If you feel someone is spamming or posting fishy stuff, just click the report button on the bottom of their post. It will go to the Admins and they will look into it. I would also say to put the info out on the FB groups as well about the name. There a lot of folks that dont come around anymore.

I would posta FEEDBACK score for him too!
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/it...ck.php?u=89544
    ~Stitch

For all those saying to use PayPal, you can use ANY bank card and stay protected. You think PayPal will save you? What happens when you pay with PayPal and instead of shipping your parts, someone ships you a brick in the box? All the seller needs is a tracking number showing it was delivered. That's all. PayPal ain't ****.

Another thing about PayPal, I have been trying to contact them for MONTHS on the phone. Nope. No one there. All communications are via chat. Of course no one is there either because they're backed up. So you leave a chat msg, they reply a couple of days later. So you reply thinking they are there...... Nope..... They moved onto another left msg from someone else so you reply and you guessed it..... A couple of days later they reply back.

So let me tell you guys something........ PHUCK PayPal. Better use your bank card where you can go to that branch or at least call them and they answer a damn phone.

I currently have a thread up looking to buy a couple small parts, hopefully from someone parting out a 9, Im in no rush for them either

But a PM I got, first message was “message me on WhatsApp” and I remembered about this thread.... needless to say I didn’t buy from that guy!

I created a WTB for a M109R2 headlight assembly.
    I've been receiving private messages for the following, all have accounts that was recently created and are trying extremely hard to get me to respond. I just ignore them.... Be aware!

[QUOTE=johnmcjoseph99]I have the headlight assembly for M109R2 in good condition and with an affordable price.
    You can text or message me on whatsapp if you are still interested
    +1 719 426 4826
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky233310
    I have it here. Let me send a picture to you. Its a 2008
    [QUOTE=fst11]Hello, I have it for sale mail me here, [email protected].
    Thanks
    Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by wandajayt
    Hi man.
    Haven't heard from you, thought you would text me so I can send you the pics
    Last edited by MrBarros; 09-08-2020 at 09:28 PM.

[QUOTE=MrBarros;4005048]I created a WTB for a M109R2 headlight assembly.
    I've been receiving private messages for the following, all have accounts that was recently created and are trying extremely hard to get me to respond. I just ignore them.... Be aware!

[QUOTE=johnmcjoseph99]I have the headlight assembly for M109R2 in good condition and with an affordable price.
    You can text or message me on whatsapp if you are still interested
    +1 719 426 4826

Quote Originally Posted by fst11
    Hello, I have it for sale mail me here, [email protected].
    Thanks
    Richard
    That’s the same guy who tried getting me to buy from him

Someone needs shut this guy down!
    ~Stitch

Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Someone needs shut this guy down!

He is also working hard to scam on many other sites. I'm a member of 4 snowmobile sites and Isent a WTB request... he is pushing hard pressure on me as he constantly create a new profile and telling me he has the stuff I'm looking for. I report as a scammer but still continuing playing his scammer role...

I used to Admin another forum and it’s possible to block the IP address, that needs to be done with this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    I used to Admin another forum and it’s possible to block the IP address, that needs to be done with this guy
    As an admin on another site I can tell you that blocking IPs does no good. If its dynamic then they use release/renew IP and if its static then they just use a VPN to mask the IP

[QUOTE=Chrispy;4005052]
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    Did anyone notice his signature on the device he says he is using? The Tenco Camon 12 (CC7) was released in NIGERIA!

Looks like another scammer.... this is getting old, fast

I'm so sorry about that but remember to always send money through PayPal only and what's the member name?

Sent from my TECNO LC7 using Tapatalk