Getting ready for new exhaust
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Getting ready for new exhaust

  1. #1
    Active Member Vytasb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default Getting ready for new exhaust

    I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the HK Velocity Pro in black. I was planning on getting the servo eliminator and new exhaust gaskets. Anything else needed for it?

    Also, I remember seeing some old threads about deals for forums members for MeanCycles. Does anyone have any codes or anything?
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/cone filters, Velocity Pro, X-TRE, PowrPro Black

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the HK Velocity Pro in black. I was planning on getting the servo eliminator and new exhaust gaskets. Anything else needed for it?

    Also, I remember seeing some old threads about deals for forums members for MeanCycles. Does anyone have any codes or anything?
    Do you have fuel management?

    BEFORE you buy make sure if you plan to go larger tire you may want to get the SHORTY... Makes tire changes later MUCH easier! Fact I learned too late!

    Also I got my on ebay waited for good day got $100 off... just what I did!
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  4. #3
    Active Member Vytasb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Yes, I have a Powrpro Black. I've been checking other sites, but MeanCycles seems to have the best price. I'll keep looking until I'm ready to order though
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/cone filters, Velocity Pro, X-TRE, PowrPro Black

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Active Member Vytasb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default

    The shorty is too loud for me, I think. I've heard videos of both versions and I like the look and sound of the full length more.
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/cone filters, Velocity Pro, X-TRE, PowrPro Black

  7. #5
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    5,023

    Default

    I recently (2 months ago) purchased an HK VPR SHORT Exhaust from MEANCYCLES. Prior to placing my order, I patiently, but aggressively searched everywhere trying to find a distributor that could beat MEANCYCLES’ pricing, but there was no one out there who could. I called MEANCYCLES and asked to speak with J.C. directly about a possible discount on the exhaust (being that I have spent a ton of money with MEANCYCLES), and he told me their pricing on the exhaust was as low as he could allow.

    If/when you purchase your exhaust from MEANCYCLES, I suggest you call in your order, to insure the order is processed the same day, as apposed to placing the order online, and it possibly sitting in “que” for 2-3 days, before the order is processed. You can expect to receive the exhaust approximately 10-14 days from the date of your order. It will be drop shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.

  8. #6
    Active Member BorderlandBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Moss Landing Californa
    Posts
    95

    Default

    good choice...you may want to contact member 'Weedhoe' regarding the Freedom Performance vs the Cobra exhausts...P.S. if at all possible speak to Robin (he's one of the head techs and it's like trying to get to talk with the Pope) at the Suzuki headquarters...Here what he says about the 'stock' fuel management system and what he thinks about some of the aftermarket systems...just saying...PEACE RIDE SAFE..

  9. #7
    Active Member Fate9176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Holt, Michigan
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    Yes, I have a Powrpro Black. I've been checking other sites, but MeanCycles seems to have the best price. I'll keep looking until I'm ready to order though
    Have you been able to get your powrpro bluetooth to connect? I got mine about a month ago and I can't get it to connect to my android phone. I have a note9 and when it tries to connect, it says it's connected, but just gets stuck retrieving data. I've done all the steps people have posted, i.e. reinstalls and permissions, still nothing. I've talked with Cobra Tech and they are literally no help at all. I would assume it is working properly, I'd just like to see what it is reading.
    "Life is what you make it..."



  10. #8
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fate9176 View Post
    Have you been able to get your powrpro bluetooth to connect? I got mine about a month ago and I can't get it to connect to my android phone. I have a note9 and when it tries to connect, it says it's connected, but just gets stuck retrieving data. I've done all the steps people have posted, i.e. reinstalls and permissions, still nothing. I've talked with Cobra Tech and they are literally no help at all. I would assume it is working properly, I'd just like to see what it is reading.
    I know the app had some issue after some phones got updated... I not tried mine in while...
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  11. #9
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    Yes, I have a Powrpro Black. I've been checking other sites, but MeanCycles seems to have the best price. I'll keep looking until I'm ready to order though
    Their prices normally very high, I got mine from good vendor off ebay always shop around and look at price and feedback plus with Paypal you have buyers protection if you get bad one!

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/333606873402
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  12. #10
    Active Member Vytasb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Got it all installed and it looks and sounds great! It feels a bit more torque-y, but it could just be the butt dyno.

    I'm not getting too much pop, but is the pair valve bypass worth doing?
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/cone filters, Velocity Pro, X-TRE, PowrPro Black

  13. #11

    Default

    Video is unavailable, but for as long as you are contented with it then I guess you had a good deal.

  14. #12
    Very Active Member MrBarros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    Got it all installed and it looks and sounds great! It feels a bit more torque-y, but it could just be the butt dyno.

    I'm not getting too much pop, but is the pair valve bypass worth doing?
    Post some pictures when you have some time, I would love to see what it looks like. Good luck!

  15. #13
    Active Member Vytasb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Here are a couple pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200902_064926.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	389658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200902_064934.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	389656  
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/cone filters, Velocity Pro, X-TRE, PowrPro Black

  16. #14
    Very Active Member MrBarros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    Here are a couple pics!
    That is an awesome looking bike! I like the "S" on the tank, very creative, making it your own, way to go!

  17. #15
    Very Active Member tcolt45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    479

    Default

    looks good with the new exhaust
    (Sold) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Totaled ) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.

  18. #16
    Active Member Vytasb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Thanks! The previous owner debadged it, and I thought it looked a little plain, so I had those decals made. Eventually I'd like to redo the stripes in black. I'm slowly going to black out as much as I can, like some of the chrome trim pieces. I'm not a big fan of chrome, but the bike came along and it was too good to pass up. Part of me wishes I'd waited for a Boss, but I love the bike either way. I love the look of the dark blue and black Boss'.
    2012 M109R Limited - Spike Intake w/cone filters, Velocity Pro, X-TRE, PowrPro Black

  19. #17
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Do you have fuel management?

    BEFORE you buy make sure if you plan to go larger tire you may want to get the SHORTY... Makes tire changes later MUCH easier! Fact I learned too late!

    Also I got my on ebay waited for good day got $100 off... just what I did!
    Did *NOT* think of this, and I am, so I should.
    Thanks for that tip!!


  20. #18
    Very Active Member NoSetFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vytasb View Post
    Here are a couple pics!
    Air intake looks great too!
    Looks larger than most I've seen - or am I imagining it?
    How about rain and dirt etc?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->