A 'MELLOW' Monterey TO Big Sur for lunch

Thread: A 'MELLOW' Monterey TO Big Sur for lunch

Default A 'MELLOW' Monterey TO Big Sur for lunch

A couple of days ago I followed a few of my BMW friends down the Pacific Coast Highway from Monterey south to Big Sur...Great to get out...mellow ride...sorry no video (my little GoPro decided not to work). The fog chased us home...(when the ocean fog hits the roads become slick sooooooooo everyone was on their best behavior)...Everyone stay healthy MASK, WASH, DISTANCE...PEACE RIDE SAFE

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It was great riding on the Pacific coast. Some buddies and I rode from the valley to Pismo and back. It was fogged in a bit around Cayucas down to Pismo. But a great ride. It was better than the 103 deg temp in the San Joaquin Valley. We were all PRETTY well behaved. I was kind of tired of the Kawasaki Concours 14 and the BMW 1200GS telling me that my cruiser was just that , a cruiser. So around 140 mph up the Cuesta Grade on the 101 coming out of San Luis Obispo had them digging hard to keep up. ( Thanks again BSC for the tune! ) When we stopped for lunch, they changed their tune. LOL. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by StuporDave View Post
    It was great riding on the Pacific coast. Some buddies and I rode from the valley to Pismo and back. It was fogged in a bit around Cayucas down to Pismo. But a great ride. It was better than the 103 deg temp in the San Joaquin Valley. We were all PRETTY well behaved. I was kind of tired of the Kawasaki Concours 14 and the BMW 1200GS telling me that my cruiser was just that , a cruiser. So around 140 mph up the Cuesta Grade on the 101 coming out of San Luis Obispo had them digging hard to keep up. ( Thanks again BSC for the tune! ) When we stopped for lunch, they changed their tune. LOL. Good times!
    Sounds like a great ride...I remember when the Kawa Concours 14 was being tested to replace the BMW for the CHP...reeeleeee fast but I believe it had some electrical issues with making a 'Police model'...I admit my BMW friends are at their best through the twisties...but my ol' M109 can hang with them through most everything else especially top speed...P.S. Next time you ride down to Cambria on the PCH you'll have to cross the infamous landslide (20 cubic miles of coast sliding into the ocean)...You'll see a stop sign that's since moved about 10 feet down the hill...PEACE RIDE SAFE