M109 Rider Forums banner

TRE and Servo Eleminator

831 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Stalker 
#1 ·
Forgive if its been asked before, is there any benefit to be had by fitting a TRE and a servo eliminator to a totally stock bike? IE stock exhaust and air filters etc? The TRE I would say yes but how about a servo eliminator? Would this just hold the valve fully open all the time? I presume the same things can be done with a flash but getting someone here in NZ to flash an ECU is near impossible.

Cheers.

#2 ·
Forgive if its been asked before, is there any benefit to be had by fitting a TRE and a servo eliminator to a totally stock bike? IE stock exhaust and air filters etc? The TRE I would say yes but how about a servo eliminator? Would this just hold the valve fully open all the time? I presume the same things can be done with a flash but getting someone here in NZ to flash an ECU is near impossible.

Cheers.

Read about servo eliminator here:

https://www.skutr.net/exhaust-valves...ors-explained/

#3 ·
TRE is a must if flashing isn't an option. The servo eliminator is simply to fool the ECM into believing it's still there. If you have stock pipes then it's likely a waste of money plus you would have to open the exhaust valve and pin it open because the cables from the original servo would no longer operate the valve.

#5 ·
Is maybe true with the servo still installed because the servo will still be connected to the valve via cables. If it is removed there is nothing to prevent the exhaust valve from flapping in the pipe as the throttle varies. If you go through the cost of a servo eliminator then it makes no sense to leave the exhaust servo attached to the bike just doing nothing.

#6 ·
Yup, yea the reason I asked in the original post was that I was just wondering what it would do if you fitted a servo eliminator to an otherwise stock bike that it would hold the valve open all the time and maybe make it run better down low.

#7 ·
The SET valve on the exhaust is spring loaded.
If you remove the cables from the servo module the spring on the SET valve will hold it open.

The servo eliminator is used to trick the ECU into thinking the servo module is still working so the ECU does output a C46 FI fault when you disconnect the servo module.

No gains should be expected by doing this.

If you are looking for gains, you will have to ditch the stock exhaust and tune the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.