M109 Rider Forums banner

Oldtimer just dropping a line

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  meierjn 
#1 ·
Haven't been on in a while, so thought I'd check in. Any other "Oldtimers" still on here ?

#6 ·
Hey windycityDave. Beautiful bike you have there . Need your help. I own a 2006 m109 and want to install the same exhaust you have on yours (hardchrome shorty). But I need your help. I just want the better sound, I am not looking for supper power or racing etc. So my question is I know I can purchase a servo/eliminator and plug it into where the servo motor was and that will take care of the FI light. I dont want to get into fuel /air programer etc. Also i havent been able to check to see if the stock exhaust has 02 sensors. This is a U.S bike but Ive heard some do and some dont. If it does have 02 sensors how do I handle that issue. My concern is the bike runs great and I dont want to do anything that would damage the engine. For example making it run to lean and getting hot or rich and flooding the cylinders. what did you do and how many miles have you run with it. I have heard different answers but would like one from someone that has actually done it . Thanks

#7 ·
Chances are you're running lean already in stock form. If you change the exhaust you will not make the situation any better for your bike. On the 06 you don't have a gear indicator so at least the servo buddy is cheap to take care of the FI light. However, I would highly recommend you look at BCS performance and get a flash for your bike. He can remove the FI light for the servo within the ECU along with a host of other nice features that really make the bike more enjoyable to ride. (Cooling fans cut in at a lower temp, smoother off throttle transition things like that). The price is less than the other piggy back units on the market. You wont have any O2 sensors on your bike, so you don't need to worry about that. Just put new gaskets on the exhaust and get a flash. You will be glad you did. :bigthumbsup:

#10 ·
"I'm not dead yet!" [emoji57]

Yeah, I'm still here from time to time. I've only been here since 5/1/2008, though.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#11 ·
It’s like a Reunion, been years for me as well. Great to see the old names, back in the day my wife would say that this forum was my cult! I still ride TORQ, and smile every time I see it!
70,000 miles on her now. And it’s won 11 Trophies and two plaques, all from what I learned from this forum. The forum isn’t the buzz it used to be, yet our 9’s are where ever there seen.

#19 ·
There is still a lot of good info and people on the site. When I joined I had an M90 but always wanted a M109R. After a pretty bad accident and some recovery time I eventually got one. These forum sites have so much more to offer than the FB sites. I haven't been on the site nearly as long as others but certainly appreciate all of the individuals and the knowledge that has been contributed over the years!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.