Finally back on the road.

Thread: Finally back on the road.

Default Finally back on the road.

Tell me what y'all think. Welcome all feedback. Bike was in pieces for 6 mos! Not finished with it yet. But, enough for this season. Had to get back on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200719_181519_1595921508016.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	389332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200718_232307_486_1595921530032.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	389334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200718_232307_487_1595921549395.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	389336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200718_231918_424_1595921585286.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	389338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200718_232307_489_1595921611098.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	389340  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Before pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190421_181317_1595922369858.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	389342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190421_181425_1595922417675.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	389344  

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Very nice. But I also think that the before photos were very nice. Good job making it your own. I also like the first photo. Mt. Mitchell, been there plenty of times. Plan on going back up with the grandkids next month.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joecrowe08 View Post
    Tell me what y'all think. Welcome all feedback. Bike was in pieces for 6 mos! Not finished with it yet. But, enough for this season. Had to get back on it.
    Great job Joecrowe08. I like the direction you chose with your paint scheme Bro. It has a special look with a special touch. However, my personal opinion is you left out a few details that would’ve have tied in your scheme much better.

1. Powder coat your lower forks gloss black.

2. Powder coat your brake calipers to match the red color on your bike.

3. Powder coat your front and rear rotors gloss black.

4. Powder coat your handle bars gloss black.

5. Powder coat your front and rear wheels to match the red color on your bike, and to really emphasize the color contrast you’ve created.

6. Powder coat your right side (exhaust side) engine covers to match and balance the red color you have on the kickstand side of your bike.

NOTE*** Those items on your bike you left either stock alloy or chrome look a bit out of place, now that your bike is predominantly grey, red, and black. I think you have created a unique look to your bike, but it needs that finishing touch to bring it all together...in my honest and personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Very nice. But I also think that the before photos were very nice. Good job making it your own. I also like the first photo. Mt. Mitchell, been there plenty of times. Plan on going back up with the grandkids next month.

Yea, that's a good ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Great job Joecrowe08. I like the direction you chose with your paint scheme Bro. It has a special look with a special touch. However, my personal opinion is you left out a few details that would’ve have tied in your scheme much better.

1. Powder coat your lower forks gloss black.

2. Powder coat your brake calipers to match the red color on your bike.

3. Powder coat your front and rear rotors gloss black.

4. Powder coat your handle bars gloss black.

5. Powder coat your front and rear wheels to match the red color on your bike, and to really emphasize the color contrast you’ve created.

6. Powder coat your right side (exhaust side) engine covers to match and balance the red color you have on the kickstand side of your bike.

NOTE*** Those items on your bike you left either stock alloy or chrome look a bit out of place, now that your bike is predominantly grey, red, and black. I think you have created a unique look to your bike, but it needs that finishing touch to bring it all together...in my honest and personal opinion.
    Most of that stuff is on the list for next off season. Lower forks, handlebars, and right engine cover are driving my OCD crazy! I just couldn't keep it on the bike stand and miss any more riding this year.

I must say you definitely made it your own. That is what I call being creative, not everyone is going to love it but what really matters is what you think about the outcome. I just love seeing the creativity that the members of this forum come up with for their particular nine. I for one am constantly surfing online looking to see if I can find something unique for my nine. The journey never ends, the more you do, the more you want to do. It’s all about having a hobby that keeps you happy. You have one life to live, so live it to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    I must say you definitely made it your own. That is what I call being creative, not everyone is going to love it but what really matters is what you think about the outcome. I just love seeing the creativity that the members of this forum come up with for their particular nine. I for one am constantly surfing online looking to see if I can find something unique for my nine. The journey never ends, the more you do, the more you want to do. It’s all about having a hobby that keeps you happy. You have one life to live, so live it to the fullest.
    Couldn't agree more, buddy. My wife asked if I'm finally done with it! Hahaha. I said "I'll prob never be done!"

It looks really nice, I can't wait to see the final look.

Quote Originally Posted by mbuenavides View Post
    It looks really nice, I can't wait to see the final look. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
    Thanks, man. Me either!

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I like the gray color on your bike. By adding the orange on your bike has increased the performance by 10hp.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE