M109 Rider Forums banner

Air Cleaners

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  A10bolt 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I was very excited when I got my BOSS last year I went and bought a bunch of mods for it without researching and finding the best product. I have been reading several threads lately about the Kuryakyn Hypercharger I even made a post about them. I currently have the spiked air cleaners, i am curious if i should be using something different. I know the hypercharger w/butterflys flaps is probably the way to go but its costly. The spiked air cleaners were less than have that but i liked the way they looked, but now i'm looking for something that may add some performance. So I guess my question is "is there a good in between air cleaner set up that would give me a good look and a little performance."

#3 ·
You may already know, but the Hyperchargers are not designed as a left/right set. They are both right-side and the one for the left side is mounted upside down, which means the drain is on top and visible. May not matter to you, but something to keep in mind. I originally wanted the Hyperchargers, but decided against them due to that reason.

I had the Thunder MFG Tornados on my previous 9 and now have the cobra Power Flo intakes on my current 9. I believe the Tornados were the best flowing intakes of that type.

#6 ·
You may already know, but the Hyperchargers are not designed as a left/right set. They are both right-side and the one for the left side is mounted upside down, which means the drain is on top and visible. May not matter to you, but something to keep in mind. I originally wanted the Hyperchargers, but decided against them due to that reason.

I had the Thunder MFG Tornados on my previous 9 and now have the cobra Power Flo intakes on my current 9. I believe the Tornados were the best flowing intakes of that type.
LA Choppers xXx Big Airs. Likely the largest best breathing air filters out there for these bikes. The bigger they are, the less restriction they impose on incoming air.
I think i am going to try this one. Does anyone have this or know anyone with this one?

Light Automotive tire Product Black Font

#7 ·
They seem to be the same as the ones CBXer posted. From a flow stand point they surely look like they will do way better than the small heat sucking hole in the back of the OE box.

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah, they look the same. Minor design changes to avoid patent problems.

Funny thing about that heat sucking hole. In 2006 it was much larger. They changed it and made it smaller in 07, for some reason. Not that it matters, the stock filters are usually one of the first things to hit the round-open-top-file. Mine were changed within a month. Bought it in July 2006. Whacked the fender off the first week. Changed the air cleaners to the Edelbrocks the second week.

First pic was taken in Eureka Springs Arkansas in May 2007 at the first 3DDM event. Edelbrock air cleaners. It now has La Choppers xXx Bigairs. Man that stock 240 looks small now that I am used to the 10 inch 280 combo.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.