Air Cleaners

Thread: Air Cleaners

Default Air Cleaners

Hey everyone I was very excited when I got my BOSS last year I went and bought a bunch of mods for it without researching and finding the best product. I have been reading several threads lately about the Kuryakyn Hypercharger I even made a post about them. I currently have the spiked air cleaners, i am curious if i should be using something different. I know the hypercharger w/butterflys flaps is probably the way to go but its costly. The spiked air cleaners were less than have that but i liked the way they looked, but now i'm looking for something that may add some performance. So I guess my question is "is there a good in between air cleaner set up that would give me a good look and a little performance."

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by monroekc17 View Post
    Hey everyone I was very excited when I got my BOSS last year I went and bought a bunch of mods for it without researching and finding the best product. I have been reading several threads lately about the Kuryakyn Hypercharger I even made a post about them. I currently have the spiked air cleaners, i am curious if i should be using something different. I know the hypercharger w/butterflys flaps is probably the way to go but its costly. The spiked air cleaners were less than have that but i liked the way they looked, but now i'm looking for something that may add some performance. So I guess my question is "is there a good in between air cleaner set up that would give me a good look and a little performance."
    Ton threads on this I would hit SEARCH block on this one! I want the Hypercharger, most had spikes take them off find they SUCK from what I have read on here! Some go with MASS air look been a lot threads on this!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by monroekc17 View Post

You may already know, but the Hyperchargers are not designed as a left/right set. They are both right-side and the one for the left side is mounted upside down, which means the drain is on top and visible. May not matter to you, but something to keep in mind. I originally wanted the Hyperchargers, but decided against them due to that reason.

I had the Thunder MFG Tornados on my previous 9 and now have the cobra Power Flo intakes on my current 9. I believe the Tornados were the best flowing intakes of that type.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

thanks I am going to search and see what I can find. Thanks for the information.

LA Choppers xXx Big Airs. Likely the largest best breathing air filters out there for these bikes. The bigger they are, the less restriction they impose on incoming air.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010008.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	389300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3861.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	389302  

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post
    You may already know, but the Hyperchargers are not designed as a left/right set. They are both right-side and the one for the left side is mounted upside down, which means the drain is on top and visible. May not matter to you, but something to keep in mind. I originally wanted the Hyperchargers, but decided against them due to that reason.

I had the Thunder MFG Tornados on my previous 9 and now have the cobra Power Flo intakes on my current 9. I believe the Tornados were the best flowing intakes of that type.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    LA Choppers xXx Big Airs. Likely the largest best breathing air filters out there for these bikes. The bigger they are, the less restriction they impose on incoming air.
    I think i am going to try this one. Does anyone have this or know anyone with this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Air.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	389314

They seem to be the same as the ones CBXer posted. From a flow stand point they surely look like they will do way better than the small heat sucking hole in the back of the OE box.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Very Active Member

Pretty much just comes down to looks. Not much difference performance wise. I'm partial to Q5's but they're pricey.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200324_171611_898_1597885464439.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	389556

Quote Originally Posted by Frotosride View Post
    They seem to be the same as the ones CBXer posted. From a flow stand point they surely look like they will do way better than the small heat sucking hole in the back of the OE box.
    Yeah, they look the same. Minor design changes to avoid patent problems.

Funny thing about that heat sucking hole. In 2006 it was much larger. They changed it and made it smaller in 07, for some reason. Not that it matters, the stock filters are usually one of the first things to hit the round-open-top-file. Mine were changed within a month. Bought it in July 2006. Whacked the fender off the first week. Changed the air cleaners to the Edelbrocks the second week.

First pic was taken in Eureka Springs Arkansas in May 2007 at the first 3DDM event. Edelbrock air cleaners. It now has La Choppers xXx Bigairs. Man that stock 240 looks small now that I am used to the 10 inch 280 combo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ES7Medium.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	389568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010008.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	389570  
    Last edited by cbxer55; 08-20-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Love those wheels! Where they from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post

Kratos109,

Can you tell me what you did to fit the Cobra Power Flo Intakes to your M109? Every website I go to states that it does not fix the M109.

Thanks for any info you can share.

A10bolt

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by A10bolt View Post
    Kratos109,

Can you tell me what you did to fit the Cobra Power Flo Intakes to your M109? Every website I go to states that it does not fix the M109.

A10bolt

Get the kit from Mean Cycles, that is where I purchased them from. JC put the kit together with all you need when I purchased mine.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=230086

You will have to drill a hole in the left side Thunder MFG adapter top plate for the rear bolt of the scoop to pass through. Not a big deal and will make sense when you get the kit.

You will also want to put some sealant between the Thunder MFG top plate and the rest of the adapter body on each adapter, as they do not come with any type of o-ring or gasket.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 10-05-2020 at 06:52 PM.

E
    Quote Originally Posted by A10bolt View Post
    Kratos109,

A10bolt
    MeanCycles has the entire Cobra Power Flo Intakes kit in both BOSS Flat Black and Chrome finishes, which includes left and right side Air Intakes, and the Mounting Adapters for each side as well. The cost is $899.95 for the entire kit.

Personally, I like the Cobra Power Flo intakes quite a bit, and I think they will likely perform a bit better than the Hypercharger Intakes, due to the fact they are completely closed off in the back, allowing for more forced air to flow through the system.

See the two links below.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=230086

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=230087
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 10-06-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z_O_O_K_I View Post
    Love those wheels! Where they from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They are Coastal Moto rims that I bought from a member here in 2018. I've browsed their website trying to find out what model rim they are. But they don't appear to make this model anymore. Maybe someone here knows the model name?

They are Coastal Moto rims that I bought from a member here in 2018. I've browsed their website trying to find out what model rim they are. But they don't appear to make this model anymore. Maybe someone here knows the model name?
    I think the wheels you have are called Turbo Black, and are made by Extreme Machine. The original owner likely may have purchased them through CoastalMoto, like I did when I purchased my chrome GASSER wheels, which were made by Performance Machine.

I’ll see if a can post the link or the actual picture.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 10-05-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Awesome info. So Coastal Moto is just a middle man for some applications. I know the website shows Harley rims only last time I checked.

Judah & Kratos109,
    Thanks for the information!
    A10bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk