M109R Standard gel seat

Thread: M109R Standard gel seat

Default M109R Standard gel seat

Hello everyone, new to the M109R, the wife and I took it out for a while last night and I am needing to replace the seat, both our rears were numb within 50 miles. After some digging and research, I am thinking of doing the standard cut gel seat (I am 5'9) but, everywhere I look it shows this is no longer available, on the suzuki site it only lists the full cut version. Does anyone know of anywhere these are still available?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

For some unknown reason, Suzuki discontinued the Standard Cut Gel Seat about 3+ years ago. For a short while afterward, there were still a small number of them available on eBay, and through the Suzuki site. However, once they were all sold it’s been virtually impossible to find a Suzuki Standard Cut Gel Seat...unless someone just happens to pop up on this Forum with one or a complete set for sale...which is a rare to zero chance of probability.

I may have found one in New York, sent an email to verify. If I do not find one, are there others people are using besides the Corbins? I seen the Ultimates but they do not make a passenger seat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mfolkert View Post
    I may have found one in New York, sent an email to verify. If I do not find one, are there others people are using besides the Corbins? I seen the Ultimates but they do not make a passenger seat.
    The three most popular and best brand/quality seats for the M109R are...

1. Corbin Seat

2. Ultimate Seat

3. Suzuki Gel Seat

NOTE*** Iíve had all three of the seats I listed, which I listed in order of quality and comfort, based on my experience with each of them.

The full cut seat moves you back near two inches. I have it and love it. That and shorter risers and my bike is good to go. I'm 6'2", 175 pounds. I used to use Corbin seats on any bike I had, but they have priced them so dearly these days, I'll happily go without them.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

I need one these!
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

I had a mustang on my Vulcan and loved it, I really wish they made a seat for the 9.

Very Active Member

The seat on my 9 is just about ok . Not the best seat but I can tolerate it. What I did instead , was I installed a backrest from BAKUP USA . It made riding the 9 way more comfortable and has provided me with the confidence that I would not be left sitting in the pavement one of these days .
    It is worth the money , absolutely .

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    The three most popular and best brand/quality seats for the M109R are...

1. Corbin Seat

2. Ultimate Seat

3. Suzuki Gel Seat

NOTE*** Iíve had all three of the seats I listed, which I listed in order of quality and comfort, based on my experience with each of them.
    I have a Corbin seat and would definitely recommend it ... also you can customize it !!
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    I have a Corbin seat and would definitely recommend it ... also you can customize it !!
    Although Corbin seats are on the pricey side of things, Iíll go with Corbin seats all day. They produce the best and most comfortable motorcycle seats Iíve ever had.