M109 Rider Forums banner

Bought another 9 last night with lots of upgrades

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Chrispy 
#1 · (Edited)
I was just simply browsing on the marketplace for potential parts to buy and spotted this beauty, and for the price I had to go pick it up, it's an 09' with 40k kms in it

A few things to list for upgrades, front fender, chin scoop, fat fork covers, intakes, exhaust, rims with a 160 front tire, 280 rear, air ride (probably my favorite) down under rear calliper bracket, ultimate seats, tach relocated to on top of the handlebars, Chrome glow rear blinkers

See less See more
#5 ·
There’s soooooooooooo many different ways to mod and customize an M109R that one can literally make each of them ride very differently, look very differently, and perform very differently. What I’ve done with my three M109Rs is exactly that. Each of them have different headlight assemblies, different wheels, different size tires, different L.E.D. kits, different aftermarket Fork Spring upgrades, different Fat Fork Tube Covers, different front and rear turn signals, different hand grips, different foot pegs, different kickstands, different chin spoilers/aftermarket 1-piece radiator shroud & chin spoiler combo, different front fenders, different exhausts, totally different paint schemes, different derby covers, different air intakes/covers, different tail sections, different rear shock/air ride setups, different seats, etc, etc, etc... I have never grown bored with either of them, as they independently offer a different riding experience, due to their respective mods and upgrades. Each of them perform, ride and feel differently. Having multiples of the same bike, and being able to make them individually unique is merely a fun, but yet expensive hobby for me...primarily because I absolutely love the M109R bike!!! I know it’s not a “perfect” bike. However, it’s PERFECT in every way, to me!!! One thing I’ve been thinking about lately is...buying a C109, and modifying it into a big/bad Muscle-Bobber bike, with a custom nostalgic and antique-looking springer seat that matches the custom paint scheme, a unique set of low profile, sleek-looking handle bars, custom wheels with a 200mm front tire and 300mm rear tire, short/chopped, custom air intakes that match the wheels, gladiator style front and rear fenders, front and rear independent air ride systems, and a one of kind paint job/scheme.

#9 ·
There's soooooooooooo many different ways to mod and customize an M109R that one can literally make each of them ride very differently, look very differently, and perform very differently. What I've done with my three M109Rs is exactly that. Each of them have different headlight assemblies, different wheels, different size tires, different L.E.D. kits, different aftermarket Fork Spring upgrades, different Fat Fork Tube Covers, different front and rear turn signals, different hand grips, different foot pegs, different kickstands, different chin spoilers/aftermarket 1-piece radiator shroud & chin spoiler combo, different front fenders, different exhausts, totally different paint schemes, different derby covers, different air intakes/covers, different tail sections, different rear shock/air ride setups, different seats, etc, etc, etc... I have never grown bored with either of them, as they independently offer a different riding experience, due to their respective mods and upgrades. Each of them perform, ride and feel differently. Having multiples of the same bike, and being able to make them individually unique is merely a fun, but yet expensive hobby for me...primarily because I absolutely love the M109R bike!!! I know it's not a "perfect" bike. However, it's PERFECT in every way, to me!!! One thing I've been thinking about lately is...buying a C109, and modifying it into a big/bad Muscle-Bobber bike, with a custom nostalgic and antique-looking springer seat that matches the custom paint scheme, a unique set of low profile, sleek-looking handle bars, custom wheels with a 200mm front tire and 300mm rear tire, short/chopped, custom air intakes that match the wheels, gladiator style front and rear fenders, front and rear independent air ride systems, and a one of kind paint job/scheme.
I agree. Been thinking that if my friend ever decides to sell his blurple 06, I may just end up with it. Keep it like it is, it's basically bone stock with just one or two add-ons. LA Choppers xXx Big Airs that I put on it. And a chrome surround to a stock tail light. That's all. The blurple Nines are the rarest of the rare.

#16 ·
Congrats on the second set of wheels!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.