Freedom performance exhaust questions

Thread: Freedom performance exhaust questions

Default Freedom performance exhaust questions

Hello all,

Well, I ordered the freedom exhaust to replace my stock pipes. Went back and forth a few days deciding on the cobra or the freedom. Has anyone installed these pipes? Been reading and watching a few videos and reading comments on the purchase and few people have mentioned having some issues lining the bracket holes up. One comment, the guy said he made a bracket to hold them tighter. He was the only one thou, wonder if that was just something he wanted. Was hoping someone might have installed these and had a few tips. Going to install these myself, I'm not a master mechanic, but I believe I should be able to manage.
    "Life is what you make it..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I didn't have any issues but that has been years ago.

I have sharp radius curved pipes, installing was not a problem but found them to be poor quality, had to have the heat shields rechromed and the steel pipes were already rusting in the box.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Prospector View Post
    I have sharp radius curved pipes, installing was not a problem but found them to be poor quality, had to have the heat shields rechromed and the steel pipes were already rusting in the box.

Well that doesn't seem promising.

Freedom MS00005 Exhaust (Radius Chrome Suzuki M109R)

is the one I ordered. I hope your issue was a fluke, didn't notice any posts with that issue. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. For the price, would hope they are good quality.

i have the freedom 2into1 turnout system and had no issues with the install. mounting bracket lined up perfect. worst part was waiting 5 weeks to get em. i love em. sound great. it's basically the combat system with a spendy turnout tip. but it looks great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200604_145912_1595000696080.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	389216

Quote Originally Posted by Fate9176 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prospector View Post

Well that doesn't seem promising.

Freedom MS00005 Exhaust (Radius Chrome Suzuki M109R)

is the one I ordered. I hope your issue was a fluke, didn't notice any posts with that issue. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. For the price, would hope they are good quality.
    To be honest if I wasn't in the UK I would have returned them but the cost was prohibitive although they look OK now.
    I had the heat shields triple chromed at a cost of 300 and sprayed the inner pipes satin black, for the money you'd expect stainless.

Name:	IMG_20200511_145254_1595011162631.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	389218

Quote Originally Posted by RFM1009 View Post
    i have the freedom 2into1 turnout system and had no issues with the install. mounting bracket lined up perfect. worst part was waiting 5 weeks to get em. i love em. sound great. it's basically the combat system with a spendy turnout tip. but it looks great.
    Looks great. I went with the 2 pipes. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out ok. On I side note, I took the advice from one of the other posters and replaced that cheap ebay spike filter with a K & N filter. I think it looks a little better. C-Clamp is kinda cheap, but I can get another if need be at the local hardware store.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	Filter.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	389220

Pipes arrived and installed. Instructions were junk. Man they sound so good. Think I lost about a bucket of water sweating in my garage. Still need to take it out on the road after I cool down. I like them a lot thou. Just need to find something to dress up the swing arm now that I can see all of it now.

Name:	pipe2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	389224

Holy cow they are loud, haha. You know I'm coming for sure now. Getting a little backfire here and there. Not sure if that is because of the K&N filters or not. I got the Cobra FI2000 Black, so should be tuning it automatically. Had to order a servo buddy to eliminate the pesky FI light. It is on now to.

Here's what I have but it is a little tedious to keep clean.

https://www.pazomaracing.com/product...year-with-logo

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    Here's what I have but it is a little tedious to keep clean.

https://www.pazomaracing.com/product...year-with-logo
    hah! Nice, that is exactly what I ordered. LOL, and from the same company!

Hello all,

Well, I ordered the freedom exhaust to replace my stock pipes. Went back and forth a few days deciding on the cobra or the freedom. Has anyone installed these pipes? Been reading and watching a few videos and reading comments on the purchase and few people have mentioned having some issues lining the bracket holes up. One comment, the guy said he made a bracket to hold them tighter. He was the only one thou, wonder if that was just something he wanted. Was hoping someone might have installed these and had a few tips. Going to install these myself, I'm not a master mechanic, but I believe I should be able to manage.
    I would like to know where you got them from. I ordered a set online and 15 minutes later I get an email from the company refunding me because they are out of stock and dont know when they will be getting more. Most other websites say out of stock. Called meancycles this morning and they dont have them either. Help a brother out, i really dont want to go with a different pipe but I changed my intakes and running rough. So I need to get the pipes swapped and ecu tuned.

I just installed the black sharp curves a few weeks ago. My advise which I figure is obvious is dont tighten ANYTHING until all hardware is installed. I had no issues with alignment by doing that. I saw videos complaining they couldn't use 2 of the bolt holes but I didn't have any issues with that. The only issue I had is the heat shield rubs by the brake but its hidden and Im sure I could fix if I cared enough. Lol

Name:	20200722_181037_1595460447873.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	389274 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200722_181046_1595460460832.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	389276 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200722_181913_1595460486774.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	389280 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200722_181058_1595460519828.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	389282
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job

Quote Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
    I would like to know where you got them from. I ordered a set online and 15 minutes later I get an email from the company refunding me because they are out of stock and dont know when they will be getting more. Most other websites say out of stock. Called meancycles this morning and they dont have them either. Help a brother out, i really dont want to go with a different pipe but I changed my intakes and running rough. So I need to get the pipes swapped and ecu tuned.
    Believe it or not, I ordered them off of amazon. I have prime, so they came with next day delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by lostbones View Post
    I just installed the black sharp curves a few weeks ago. My advise which I figure is obvious is dont tighten ANYTHING until all hardware is installed. I had no issues with alignment by doing that. I saw videos complaining they couldn't use 2 of the bolt holes but I didn't have any issues with that. The only issue I had is the heat shield rubs by the brake but its hidden and Im sure I could fix if I cared enough. Lol
    Interesting, mine has like 2 or 3 mm clearance. I wonder if you didn't tighten the heat brackets enough, or the placement of the clamps weren't the same as mine. I noticed they don't give you enough clamps for every single brace, I am assuming so you can clamp them to your preference. I know on the top one, I had to remove and move the clamp because the screw was touching the chrome cover. Of course with such a small difference in space, could be the mold for your pipe might have been just a little off when it was made. But you are correct, leaving all the screws loose made it real easy to mount them. Although I almost stripped the ellen bolt holding the exhaust on, I was about to **** myself. Thought I was going to have to drill that screw out...I mean really, why not use a socket bolt instead of a ellen wrench screw. I'm sure this has been covered, but if you are doing this, PUT ANTI SIEZE on the bolts before you put them back on. I actually had to loosen them again to remove the bolt that was holding the servo motor on. I got the servo buddy to turn off that pesky FI light, worked like a charm, but the bolt holding the servo motor was so long, I couldn't remove it without loosening the exhaust again. Although this time, the bolt came off easy.

Name:	exhaust2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	389284
    Last edited by Fate9176; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:15 PM.

Believe it or not, I ordered them off of amazon. I have prime, so they came with next day delivery.
    Thanks, will be looking again in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
    Thanks, will be looking again in the morning.
    Blah, just looked them up, they have the chrome ones now for $90 cheaper than what I just payed for them, like 5 days ago........

Interesting, mine has like 2 or 3 mm clearance. I wonder if you didn't tighten the heat brackets enough, or the placement of the clamps weren't the same as mine. I noticed they don't give you enough clamps for every single brace, I am assuming so you can clamp them to your preference. I know on the top one, I had to remove and move the clamp because the screw was touching the chrome cover. Of course with such a small difference in space, could be the mold for your pipe might have been just a little off when it was made. But you are correct, leaving all the screws loose made it real easy to mount them. Although I almost stripped the ellen bolt holding the exhaust on, I was about to **** myself. Thought I was going to have to drill that screw out...I mean really, why not use a socket bolt instead of a ellen wrench screw. I'm sure this has been covered, but if you are doing this, PUT ANTI SIEZE on the bolts before you put them back on. I actually had to loosen them again to remove the bolt that was holding the servo motor on. I got the servo buddy to turn off that pesky FI light, worked like a charm, but the bolt holding the servo motor was so long, I couldn't remove it without loosening the exhaust again. Although this time, the bolt came off easy.

Yea, I definitely have them tight. I even ran out and bought another clamp because I thought they just miss counted and I didnt like seeing an empty clamp space. Agree on the allen bolts I tried to be very careful not to strip them out, looks like it could very easily. I was lucky I bought the Suzee servo eliminator beforehand so I just removed the whole assembly at once. It took longer than expected to do everything but worth it for the sound. I just wish it wasn't so raspy when you let off the throttle.
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job

Yea, I definitely have them tight. I even ran out and bought another clamp because I thought they just miss counted and I didnt like seeing an empty clamp space. Agree on the allen bolts I tried to be very careful not to strip them out, looks like it could very easily. I was lucky I bought the Suzee servo eliminator beforehand so I just removed the whole assembly at once. It took longer than expected to do everything but worth it for the sound. I just wish it wasn't so raspy when you let off the throttle.
    Yeah, I noticed the raspy sound as well. I get a lot of popping as well, but from what I have been reading, it's a common thing when you don't get the back pressure that the stock pipes give you. Love the sound when you lay into the throttle thou. Car's know I'm coming for sure now. I can't count how many times a distracted driver almost merged into me cause they weren't paying attention. They know I'm beside them for sure now, or front, or back, or hell...a block away. hahaha

On a side note, I just called amazon and asked if they would refund the difference on the pipes since I just bought these like 5 days ago and now they are like $90 cheaper....They said sure! I was like, hell ya! Love amazon, they so easy to work with.

On a side note, I just called amazon and asked if they would refund the difference on the pipes since I just bought these like 5 days ago and now they are like $90 cheaper....They said sure! I was like, hell ya! Love amazon, they so easy to work with.

I originally ordered mine off of Amazon but 3 weeks down the road I hadn't received or heard anything on them. I called to figure out what was going on and they said it was out of stock and I needed to cancel my order and reorder them again. It was in stock when I called but they couldn't do anything and canceled me. Kind of pissed me off so I ended up ordering online somewhere else and had it in less than a week.

Simple fix just adjust the brake pedal a little, simple spanner job on the actuator rod.

Hello all,

There is an excellent video BY ONE (WEEDAHOE) OF THE FORUM MEMBERS showing the installation (I will look for it and attempt to attach it)...I love the look and the sound of the Freedoms over the Cobras...HOWEVER I chose to keep the Cobras as they were already installed...AND from what I've read the 'CROSSOVER' pipe on the Cobras realeeeeeeeee helps with the MID-RANGE...PEACE RIDE SAFE

P.S. the crossover pipe effectively makes the Cobras into a 2 into 1 system

Last edited by BorderlandBiker; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:42 AM.

Simple fix just adjust the brake pedal a little, simple spanner job on the actuator rod.[/QUOTE]

😳🤔 Thats a good idea! Not sure I didn't think of that. Thanks Ill try it out this weekend.

This is a video of when I did mine a few years ago

https://youtu.be/3dLdHKe6LYY