Hydro Clutch - parts changed over the years?

Thread: Hydro Clutch - parts changed over the years?

Default Hydro Clutch - parts changed over the years?

Hi all.

On my 2007 bike I installed Rainey's hydro clutch in 2013, as the clutch wire snapped and I wanted to get rid of being stranded on the road because of this problem.
    Since then the clutch worked well.

On the board here it happened to me to see some pics of the hydro clutch slave cylinders mounted on other bikes and it seems that my slave cylinder is different.
    For example, this is a pic of mine cylinder (left pic) and a pic of another one (right pic), taken here on the board. You see that the oil hose connects to the cylinder differently?
    Do you know if Rayney improved the cylinder design over the years?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Hydro_Clutch_Post-adjustm._13-JUL-2020.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	389152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slave cylinder arm.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	389154  
    Last edited by Dommy; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:00 AM.
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by thevili; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    Yes, they've changed the point where the hose connects to the cylinder - it can be well seen in this video.
    As a result the cylinder is not tilted against the water pump hose and the cylinder arm works well vertical.

I wonder whether it's possible to purchase only the slave cylinder and not all the kit?
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    Yes, they've changed the point where the hose connects to the cylinder - it can be well seen in this video.
    As a result the cylinder is not tilted against the water pump hose and the cylinder arm works well vertical.

I wonder whether it's possible to purchase only the slave cylinder and not all the kit?
    Try to google ...frando clutch slave cylinder...

Ok, Rainey confirmed that also only the slave cylinder and hose can be purchased from him