2019 B.0.S.S HK VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST WITH K&N FILTERS PROBLEM
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2019 B.0.S.S HK VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST WITH K&N FILTERS PROBLEM

  1. #1
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default 2019 B.0.S.S HK VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST IS MELTING FRONT HEAD COVER

    What's up fellow m109riders,

    I have a baffling question, I have a brand new 2019 M109R B.O.S.S I installed a power commander PC5 and loaded the M20-016-003 Hacker 2:1 stepped exhaust Suzuki Big Air Kit (Spike) map that dynojet tech support advised me to run with this setup I confirmed it was loaded on the PC5, next I installed a brand new HK Velocity Pro 2:1 exhaust with the vizi-tec exhaust servo eliminator and brand new K&N filters and took days to do as I took my time and was very meticulous and thorough , there are no malfunctions and no FI light on and with this exact setup as my 2016 M109R B.O.S.S it did exactly the same thing and melts or heat distorts the front right plastic head or spark plug cover like the front cylinder is now running hotter with the current map loaded in the PC5. I spent a lot of money on all these parts and the bike all paid for in full and I am tapped out for a while to afford a dyno run or an auto tune to add to the PC5, have any of my fellow M109R'ers run into this problem? or can anyone share or suggest a map that would work with my setup and location in Ohio? I don't want to change any fuel tables as I don't want to make anything worse or cause further havoc to my brand new M109R, the bike runs very good and I don't notice any other running issues just this exact same problem as my 0ld 2016 B.O.S.S with the same exact setup as I stated above, I really appreciate any help and advice you guys can offer you all are the best and I have searched with only dead end results.

    thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200712_195918.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	389134  
    Last edited by Megalithic; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:30 PM. Reason: TYPO

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    When I had the PCV The maps on their site were very terrible. My opinion is you have to pay for for someone to tune it properly on a Dyno. I went with a ECU flash and have never looked back. ECU flash takes care of everything

  4. #3
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    thanks FlyingCircus I have heard of this whoolich ecu flash, I am just so tapped out paying cash for the bike, pipe,pc5 and k&n's if I result to this option it will have to be after I sell the pc5.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Saskatchewan Canada
    Posts
    2,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    thanks FlyingCircus I have heard of this whoolich ecu flash, I am just so tapped out paying cash for the bike, pipe,pc5 and k&n's if I result to this option it will have to be after I sell the pc5.
    BCS from here is where you want to get the flash done. He has an M109R and has spent hundreds of hours tuning it

  7. #5
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    BCS from here is where you want to get the flash done. He has an M109R and has spent hundreds of hours tuning it
    I WILL HAVE TO SEND BCS A PM AND SEE WHAT HE CAN DO FOR MY 109 I JUST CHECKED OUT A FEW POSTS ON ECU FLASHING AND APPARENTLY IT'S THE WAY TO GO, DOE'S HE NEED TO KNOW MY CURRENT SETUP LIKE WHAT PIPE AND FILTERS I INSTALLED? HOW DO I GET AHOLD OF HIM?.
    Last edited by Megalithic; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:53 PM.

  8. #6
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    BCS from here is where you want to get the flash done. He has an M109R and has spent hundreds of hours tuning it
    HAHAHA FIGURED IT OUT Flying Circus, BCS is Bering_C_Sparky I SENT HIM A PM AND DESCRIPTION OF BIKE SETUP AND PROBLEM I'M HAVING, GOING TO SEE IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GET A REFUND ON MY PC5 TO GET ECU FLASHED, THANK'S AGAIN MAN

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Surprise Arizona
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    When I had the PCV The maps on their site were very terrible. My opinion is you have to pay for for someone to tune it properly on a Dyno. I went with a ECU flash and have never looked back. ECU flash takes care of everything
    Hello there. I'm about to add an intake as well. Where do you send your ECU to get it flashed and what's the price roughly?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Surprise Arizona
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCircus View Post
    When I had the PCV The maps on their site were very terrible. My opinion is you have to pay for for someone to tune it properly on a Dyno. I went with a ECU flash and have never looked back. ECU flash takes care of everything
    Nevermind. Lol

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default 2019 B.0.S.S HK VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST IS MELTING FRONT HEAD COVER PROBLEM

    So I PM'd BCS and I'm eventually going to have BCS do the ECU flash, but I was wondering if anyone running the HK velocity pro 2:1 pipe is having the same problem as me with the front plastic head cover exhaust side melt? I'm wondering if it's from the large gap of the heat shield on the front pipe at the exhaust flange of the HK Velocity Pro 2:1 exhaust, if anyone else is running this pipe can you check if your head cover is melting and maybe you just have not noticed and please post pictures, you can see from the attached pictures the heat shield gap of the HK VP 2:1 front pipe VS stock and the melted front head cover, as you can see the bike has 0 miles on it, I installed velocity pro pipe K&N filters and power commander pc5 with Hacker 2:1 Suzuki big air kit (spike) map loaded per dynojet tech support checked over everything started the bike and only let it idle to warm up that's all and i smelled the cover melting and shut it off, but I'm just wondering if anyone running bone stock with just the HK velocity pro 2:1 installed is having the same melting head cover problem to see if it is indeed caused by the heat shield gap, because I just can't seem get back in touch with dynojet tech support again to see if this map they recommended is to dang lean and if it is causing the problem, again please check and please post pic's and with what else you are running with this exhaust system, thank you in advance for any participation.

    2019 M109R B.O.S.S 0 MILES
    K&N AIR FILTERS
    POWER COMMANDER PC5 HACKER 2:1 STEEPED EXHAUST SUZUKI BIG AIR KIT MAP LOADED (PER DYNOJET)
    HARD KROME VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST
    VIZI-TEC EXHAUST SERVO ELIMINATOR
    VIZI-TEC BRAKE LIGHT MODULATOR
    Megalithic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200713_125751_1594753515472.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	389164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200713_132727_1594753545417.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	389166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200713_125812_1594753574389.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	389168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200712_195918_1594753600237.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	389170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200713_130751_1594753622334.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	389172  

    Last edited by Megalithic; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo

  12. #10
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,988

    Default

    Megalithic, I just went out and checked my 9 that has the Velocity Pro Race Short installed, and there’s absolutely no signs of excessive heating at the Engine Cylinders. They’re unblemished. As I was looking over my bike, I wondered if the heating problem you’re experiencing might be the result of a bad spark plug(s), which are located behind the Engine Cylinders?

  13. #11
    Very Active Member MrBarros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Boston, MA.
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    So I PM'd BCS and I'm eventually going to have BCS do the ECU flash, but I was wondering if anyone running the HK velocity pro 2:1 pipe is having the same problem as me with the front plastic head cover exhaust side melt? I'm wondering if it's from the large gap of the heat shield on the front pipe at the exhaust flange of the HK Velocity Pro 2:1 exhaust, if anyone else is running this pipe can you check if your head cover is melting and maybe you just have not noticed and please post pictures, you can see from the attached pictures the heat shield gap of the HK VP 2:1 front pipe VS stock and the melted front head cover, as you can see the bike has 0 miles on it, I installed velocity pro pipe K&N filters and power commander pc5 with Hacker 2:1 Suzuki big air kit (spike) map loaded per dynojet tech support checked over everything started the bike and only let it idle to warm up that's all and i smelled the cover melting and shut it off, but I'm just wondering if anyone running bone stock with just the HK velocity pro 2:1 installed is having the same melting head cover problem to see if it is indeed caused by the heat shield gap, because I just can't seem get back in touch with dynojet tech support again to see if this map they recommended is to dang lean and if it is causing the problem, again please check and please post pic's and with what else you are running with this exhaust system, thank you in advance for any participation.

    2019 M109R B.O.S.S 0 MILES
    K&N AIR FILTERS
    POWER COMMANDER PC5 HACKER 2:1 STEEPED EXHAUST SUZUKI BIG AIR KIT MAP LOADED (PER DYNOJET)
    HARD KROME VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST
    VIZI-TEC EXHAUST SERVO ELIMINATOR
    VIZI-TEC BRAKE LIGHT MODULATOR
    Megalithic.
    Here is a better way to reach BCS: Email- [email protected] ( he only come on this site once in a while)

  14. #12
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    So I PM'd BCS and I'm eventually going to have BCS do the ECU flash, but I was wondering if anyone running the HK velocity pro 2:1 pipe is having the same problem as me with the front plastic head cover exhaust side melt? I'm wondering if it's from the large gap of the heat shield on the front pipe at the exhaust flange of the HK Velocity Pro 2:1 exhaust, if anyone else is running this pipe can you check if your head cover is melting and maybe you just have not noticed and please post pictures, you can see from the attached pictures the heat shield gap of the HK VP 2:1 front pipe VS stock and the melted front head cover, as you can see the bike has 0 miles on it, I installed velocity pro pipe K&N filters and power commander pc5 with Hacker 2:1 Suzuki big air kit (spike) map loaded per dynojet tech support checked over everything started the bike and only let it idle to warm up that's all and i smelled the cover melting and shut it off, but I'm just wondering if anyone running bone stock with just the HK velocity pro 2:1 installed is having the same melting head cover problem to see if it is indeed caused by the heat shield gap, because I just can't seem get back in touch with dynojet tech support again to see if this map they recommended is to dang lean and if it is causing the problem, again please check and please post pic's and with what else you are running with this exhaust system, thank you in advance for any participation.

    2019 M109R B.O.S.S 0 MILES
    K&N AIR FILTERS
    POWER COMMANDER PC5 HACKER 2:1 STEEPED EXHAUST SUZUKI BIG AIR KIT MAP LOADED (PER DYNOJET)
    HARD KROME VELOCITY PRO 2:1 EXHAUST
    VIZI-TEC EXHAUST SERVO ELIMINATOR
    VIZI-TEC BRAKE LIGHT MODULATOR
    Megalithic.
    Here is a better way to reach BCS: Email- [email protected] ( he only come on this site once in a while)
    Thanks bro👍

  15. #13
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Megalithic, I just went out and checked my 9 that has the Velocity Pro Race Short installed, and there’s absolutely no signs of excessive heating at the Engine Cylinders. They’re unblemished. As I was looking over my bike, I wondered if the heating problem you’re experiencing might be the result of a bad spark plug(s), which are located behind the Engine Cylinders?
    Well the only funny thing is my 2016 boss 109 had all the exact same setup and did exactly the same thing as this 2019 so it must be the map dynojet recommended is running to lean I tried 2 days in a row to try and get in touch with tech support and was on hold both times until it automatically hung up on me, I'll just have to keep calling I guess, once I get answers I will post my findings in case anyone else out there is maybe having this issue, thanks for your time checking your bike and posting your findings it's much appreciated bro 👍

    Megalithic.

  16. #14
    Very Active Member Sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Well the only funny thing is my 2016 boss 109 had all the exact same setup and did exactly the same thing as this 2019 so it must be the map dynojet recommended is running to lean I tried 2 days in a row to try and get in touch with tech support and was on hold both times until it automatically hung up on me, I'll just have to keep calling I guess, once I get answers I will post my findings in case anyone else out there is maybe having this issue, thanks for your time checking your bike and posting your findings it's much appreciated bro 👍

    Megalithic.
    I don't think you are using the correct map. I have a VP 2 into 1 and before I had BCS flash my ECU, I used the sideburner map, as that was the one Dyno told me was closest to my setup. I believe it was M20-016-005. It seemed to run ok with that map and I didn't notice excessive heat.

  17. #15
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Well the only funny thing is my 2016 boss 109 had all the exact same setup and did exactly the same thing as this 2019 so it must be the map dynojet recommended is running to lean I tried 2 days in a row to try and get in touch with tech support and was on hold both times until it automatically hung up on me, I'll just have to keep calling I guess, once I get answers I will post my findings in case anyone else out there is maybe having this issue, thanks for your time checking your bike and posting your findings it's much appreciated bro 👍

    Megalithic.
    I don't think you are using the correct map. I have a VP 2 into 1 and before I had BCS flash my ECU, I used the sideburner map, as that was the one Dyno told me was closest to my setup. I believe it was M20-016-005. It seemed to run ok with that map and I didn't notice excessive heat.
    Hey thanks for the reply Sledge, I will load the sideburner map but take IR temperature reading of cylinders with current map and then with sideburner map and post here, were you running hi flow air filters at that time with your VP exhaust or stock air filters?, I'm running K&N's with the VP exhaust.

    Megalithic.

  18. #16
    Very Active Member Sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply Sledge, I will load the sideburner map but take IR temperature reading of cylinders with current map and then with sideburner map and post here, were you running hi flow air filters at that time with your VP exhaust or stock air filters?, I'm running K&N's with the VP exhaust.

    Megalithic.
    I was and still am running K&N filters with the salad bowls opened up for more air flow.

  19. #17
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply Sledge, I will load the sideburner map but take IR temperature reading of cylinders with current map and then with sideburner map and post here, were you running hi flow air filters at that time with your VP exhaust or stock air filters?, I'm running K&N's with the VP exhaust.

    Megalithic.
    I was and still am running K&N filters with the salad bowls opened up for more air flow.
    Hahaaha I have not heard that one before but that's a good description for the stock air filter covers👍, Hey I still have not loaded the sideburner map yet Sledge I'm back to work now so the crappy hours have me sleeping most of my day away but I'll probably load it this weekend and post results as I said I would.

  20. #18
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hey Sledge so I could not wait and got off my lazy arse and loaded the side burner map on the PC5 and ran the bike at idle with a IR temp gauge pointed at the front jug right where the plastic head cap is melting exhaust side and its reaching temps of 230ish degrees which is a little cooler than the other map I had loaded but the plastic cover still gets soft and shrunk a bit more, but like I said my 2016 BOSS 9 with the exact same setup to a T was doing the exact as this 2019,...can I adjust the fuel table on this map ? How do I do it ? or am I just playing with fire? I pm'd a member who was willing to share a map that was almost to a T which he shared with another member with my setup and he said after he loaded it his bike was so fantastic afterwards, but the member that said he would share the map with me never emailed or PM'D me back after that kind of a like winning the lottery and losing the winning ticket before you cash it in, anyway here is some better pictures took with the head cover off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_172624_1594936029562.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	389198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_172618_1594936046398.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	389200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_172529_1594936066661.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	389202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_172520_1594936083281.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	389204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200716_172452_1594936106372.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	389206  


  21. #19
    Very Active Member Sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Hey Sledge so I could not wait and got off my lazy arse and loaded the side burner map on the PC5 and ran the bike at idle with a IR temp gauge pointed at the front jug right where the plastic head cap is melting exhaust side and its reaching temps of 230ish degrees which is a little cooler than the other map I had loaded but the plastic cover still gets soft and shrunk a bit more, but like I said my 2016 BOSS 9 with the exact same setup to a T was doing the exact as this 2019,...can I adjust the fuel table on this map ? How do I do it ? or am I just playing with fire? I pm'd a member who was willing to share a map that was almost to a T which he shared with another member with my setup and he said after he loaded it his bike was so fantastic afterwards, but the member that said he would share the map with me never emailed or PM'D me back after that kind of a like winning the lottery and losing the winning ticket before you cash it in, anyway here is some better pictures took with the head cover off.
    Unless you know what you are doing, don't mess with the mapping or you can seriously mess things up.

    Have you tried the zero map, just to see what the temps are with the stock mapping?

    If this were my bike, I would be getting my ECU to BCS ASAP. Not only will you have proper mappings, but also all the other goodies he packs into it.

  22. #20
    Member Megalithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Hey Sledge so I could not wait and got off my lazy arse and loaded the side burner map on the PC5 and ran the bike at idle with a IR temp gauge pointed at the front jug right where the plastic head cap is melting exhaust side and its reaching temps of 230ish degrees which is a little cooler than the other map I had loaded but the plastic cover still gets soft and shrunk a bit more, but like I said my 2016 BOSS 9 with the exact same setup to a T was doing the exact as this 2019,...can I adjust the fuel table on this map ? How do I do it ? or am I just playing with fire? I pm'd a member who was willing to share a map that was almost to a T which he shared with another member with my setup and he said after he loaded it his bike was so fantastic afterwards, but the member that said he would share the map with me never emailed or PM'D me back after that kind of a like winning the lottery and losing the winning ticket before you cash it in, anyway here is some better pictures took with the head cover off.
    Unless you know what you are doing, don't mess with the mapping or you can seriously mess things up.

    Have you tried the zero map, just to see what the temps are with the stock mapping?

    If this were my bike, I would be getting my ECU to BCS ASAP. Not only will you have proper mappings, but also all the other goodies he packs into it.
    I have not Sledge but I will try the zero and post the temps in a few, also I am definitely going to have BCS do the full ecu flash he in the email he sent me he said he is working on a new version of the HK velocity pro exhause pipe tune right now and should be completed by the end of this month so as soon as he has it complete I will be sending him my ecu.

    Megalithic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->