M109 Rider Forums banner

loving my barn find M109r

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  skininmonth 
#1 ·
came across an 08 m109r with 2500 miles... what can i say, hard to wipe the idiot grin off my face. looking forward to customizing this beast. hoping for some experienced advice from the knowing. getting some new avon cobra chromes first off and the fluids changed out now.

#2 ·
:congrats: and :welcome: to the Family! That's a good idea to change out all the fluids. How is the battery? Before I go any further we just want to be sure........... Serveware Beard Font Event Drinkware

#5 ·
I have the Vance and Hines BigShots. It has a nice rumble and not too load. I wanted something similar to the stock pipe. Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system Wheel

#10 ·
A member here by the name of Dre319 has what I believe is a 5" Revo Cannon exhaust installed on his beautiful 2011 LE model M109R. However, he does have a 2-Piece Swing Arm, and he's running a 300 rear tire setup on his bike. So, he's able to perform tire changes without having to remove his exhaust every time he does so. I don't think he would want that headache of having to remove his exhaust every time he had to do a rear tire change. P, made a very good recommendation, which was to look at a short exhaust to eliminate the requirement for having to remove your exhaust every time you have to change your tire, if you're not going to incorporate a 2-Piece Swing Arm.

#8 ·
There are a handful of them out there. I’ve just never understood why anyone would spend 2-3 times the price of any other exhaust for one. If you ever go with a 2 piece swing arm, you will need a shorter exhaust, or be forced to pull the exhaust for every rear tire change. Every mod you do will have an effect on other mods. Best way to do it is to plan out the build as best you can first, then work towards your goal. I acquired parts for the better part of 1.5 years before doing my build. Once I got started, I still ended up expanding the build some from there. You will find yourself thinking, “while I have it apart, I might as well do _____ also.”

#9 ·
There are a handful of them out there. I've just never understood why anyone would spend 2-3 times the price of any other exhaust for one. If you ever go with a 2 piece swing arm, you will need a shorter exhaust, or be forced to pull the exhaust for every rear tire change. Every mod you do will have an effect on other mods. Best way to do it is to plan out the build as best you can first, then work towards your goal. I acquired parts for the better part of 1.5 years before doing my build. Once I got started, I still ended up expanding the build some from there. You will find yourself thinking, "while I have it apart, I might as well do _____ also."
^^^^^…That's some very sound advice P. I've been taking that very approach to the build process for the bike I'm working on. I too, was very fortunate to have purchased my latest 14' model M109R LE on a very moderate, deal of a lifetime, with only 1,306 miles on it. I first took the time to develop my entire scheme/theme for the bike, to include all the pertinent and intricate details of the build. Subsequently, I decided to begin the acquisition of the aftermarket components/upgrades I would need for the build starting with the Swing Arm, Exhaust, Air Intakes, ECU FLASH, Billy Dump Motor Mounts, Progressive 465 w/RAP Shock, and Race Tech Fork Springs. Then, I'm going to have all my specified/selected parts powder coated and painted, as required. My next step will be to purchase and add my 300 tire on an 18" x 10" rear and 160/60 tire on an 18" x 4.25" front wheels/tires combo. The very last step to my build process will be to have a one-off custom set of RGB LEDs installed throughout the bike, to include the wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.