M109 Rider Forums banner

Got a chance to buy M90 - quiestions

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  meierjn 
#1 ·
Hey, i have a chance to buy a used 2018 M90 - with warranty until 2023 still.
for $6,800CAD

I realized this is probably worth it.

however my questions are more I'm upgrading from a 2006 Kawasaki vulcan 900 and I am looking for something to not only bomb around here and there.. but I actually want to go distances now.. I want to ride 3-4hrs..
will an M90 be good? I see awesome reviews about it's power.. it's handling etc etc.. .but I never see much regarding "i went on a 3 hr or 500km ride and it was fantastic"

Thanks.

#2 ·
I ALMOST did same thing but EVERYONE here said just make JUMP to 109, I am not sure you bigger guy like me, but it was big jump from my M50 to 109 but after I bought not regretted it single day you could had one FINEST M109s on market for about same price last week! Ahhhh https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Suzuki-Boulevard/233605781397

So money wise I would say keep shopping!

#4 · (Edited)
I bought a 2017 M90 last year and I don't regret it at all,it has good power and handles nice.After about 2-3 hours riding I find discomfort in the tail bone area but by that time you need to get off and stretch anyways.I can't imagine the 109 being any different,I think a seat would fix that.I came from a 2013 ZX6R and was worried the M90 wouldn't have enough spunk to satisfy me compared to the sport bike but I was wrong.Sport bike was high strung and was going to get me in trouble,not to mention after 45 mins the back started huting,M90 has the low end power to have a bit of fun but you don't need to be doing 100kmh to feel it.Sure the 109 will be faster and torquier but I have no complaints with the power of the M90.When its time for another bike I will most likely look towards the 109.I really do enjoy riding this bike,town or highway it handles nicely

#8 ·
I've ridden 579 miles in a day and enjoyed every mile. I have a full cut gel seat and grasshopper backrest for comfort. The only time I got off my bike to fuel up after riding 190 miles.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

#9 ·
I had an M90 and would still have it if it hadn't been written off. It was a great bike and not a slouch for power. Like other said its there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts made for the bike, but it depends what your looking for. For that year and price I'd go for the M90.

#10 ·
I have had my M90 for over a year now. No complaints. I have taken it for 4-5 hours rides with some friends and it felt great. Other people have ridden it and also say its comfortable and has enough power. I do have an aftermarket seat though, and a few other tasteful mods like ATRE, 250 tire etc.

#11 ·
Thanks

Thank you everyone.
To the 109 riders.. Yes, I would probably love to have a 109. However the province I live in isn't big. Getting the chance to buy a 109 is few and far between. That 2008 I talked about is over 4.5hrs away from me. So I'd have to prepare getting a trailer and cash and hope that it was in good condition when I got there.

The M90 is even more rare.. just helps that the guy is 20min away and I actually have been going for rides with him and his son. So they seem like good people.
I just figured that the old "bird in the hand worth two in the bush" might apply.

I mean I am going from a Vulcan 900.. it's not like I had a VTX1300 or something a decided it wasn't big enough for me.

I know people always ask about what to look for and problems etc. .. I've done that research.. I realize there isn't much after market stuff - but tbh, besides a seat and bags .. I'm not a big after market kinda guy. I have a xs650 I'm ratting out for that. This would be a daily driver kind of thing.

This is why I wanted to know what the long distance driving is like. Is it comfy? Or after an hour do you wish you were off it?
Thanks for the M90 riders who have commented on the riding for long distances. It's great information that's hard to find.
As I said before, tons of youtube reviews saying they love their M90 / M109r as they do a 10 min ride and rave.. but nothing that said "well - got done an iron butt run and gotta say it was awesome"

#12 ·
Thank you everyone.
To the 109 riders.. Yes, I would probably love to have a 109. However the province I live in isn't big. Getting the chance to buy a 109 is few and far between. That 2008 I talked about is over 4.5hrs away from me. So I'd have to prepare getting a trailer and cash and hope that it was in good condition when I got there.

The M90 is even more rare.. just helps that the guy is 20min away and I actually have been going for rides with him and his son. So they seem like good people.
I just figured that the old "bird in the hand worth two in the bush" might apply.

I mean I am going from a Vulcan 900.. it's not like I had a VTX1300 or something a decided it wasn't big enough for me.

I know people always ask about what to look for and problems etc. .. I've done that research.. I realize there isn't much after market stuff - but tbh, besides a seat and bags .. I'm not a big after market kinda guy. I have a xs650 I'm ratting out for that. This would be a daily driver kind of thing.

This is why I wanted to know what the long distance driving is like. Is it comfy? Or after an hour do you wish you were off it?
Thanks for the M90 riders who have commented on the riding for long distances. It's great information that's hard to find.
As I said before, tons of youtube reviews saying they love their M90 / M109r as they do a 10 min ride and rave.. but nothing that said "well - got done an iron butt run and gotta say it was awesome"
Hello Winner, it seems as though you've done your homework and I now totally understand your situation. Had I been in your shoes I would probably do the same thing, go ahead and pull the trigger on that bike because if you loose that opportunity you will never forgive yourself. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.