FS 2008 M109R Orange Blossom Special

Thread: FS 2008 M109R Orange Blossom Special

Default FS 2008 M109R Orange Blossom Special

New member and first post. I acquired this bike from my brother whom is down and out and no longer able to ride it. We are looking for quick sale to (1) help him out financially (2) to get it out of my garage where it is currently kept.
    It is a 2008 with 25k miles located in the Dallas Fort Worth area (Midlothian)
    Runs but not well. My understanding is it had 4 individual air filters (one for each carb?) and had a 'power module' to adjust for the AF. My brother put a stock air box on it and I don't believe unhooked power module or detuned it.

The bad that I can see:
    Tank dent
    Fairing scrape
    Some of plastic is faded
    *Mirror cracked
    *rear turn signal, tail cracked
    *pipes pitted
    He laid it over a very slow speed and broke several ribs.

There are some parts for the bike like extra pegs, grips, bitch seat...misc stuff

Overall the bikes just needs some TLC and may be a good flip opportunity for someone of knowledge with these bikes.
    Looking for $2500 OBO

(bike is orange but comes out red in these cell phone pics)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0326.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	388864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0325.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	388866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	388868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0329.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	388870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0328.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	388872  

Last edited by treky22; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 PM. Reason: *added additional items and pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default cleaned up-post edited of bad items- new pics of those

listed all know problem items for transparency
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FairingDamage.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	388884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TankDamage.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	388886Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tail_BlinkerDamage.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	388888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PipesPitted.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	388890

Default attempted ride today but issues

more transparency- I had another M109 owner come take it for a whirl. Fires up but stumbles through gears and dies a few times. Smells rich. F1 code on display

I talked with my brother and he said bike has a 'power commander' on it and used to have open air filters. He put stock ones back on at some point and said it ran fine but would stumble at times but able to power through it. Wondering if there is an A/F issue and needs to be detuned or commander taken out of the equation.

It's sat up for a few months and 93* octane recently added but suspect one of the following:
    bad gas
    fuel filter clogged
    worse an injector or FP

At this point I'm not throwing money at it and its still priced 'as is'. I think it is fair for what it is and someone with knowledge of these issues can resolve relatively easy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by treky22 View Post
    more transparency- I had another M109 owner come take it for a whirl. Fires up but stumbles through gears and dies a few times. Smells rich. F1 code on display

I talked with my brother and he said bike has a 'power commander' on it and used to have open air filters. He put stock ones back on at some point and said it ran fine but would stumble at times but able to power through it. Wondering if there is an A/F issue and needs to be detuned or commander taken out of the equation.

It's sat up for a few months and 93* octane recently added but suspect one of the following:
    bad gas
    fuel filter clogged
    worse an injector or FP

At this point I'm not throwing money at it and its still priced 'as is'. I think it is fair for what it is and someone with knowledge of these issues can resolve relatively easy.
    Hey, I reached out to you via facebook. Not sure you were able to see my message since we aren't friends. My page is Eric Perry. I left my number for you to call if this is still available. would like to discuss price and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Manish View Post
    Hey, I reached out to you via facebook. Not sure you were able to see my message since we aren't friends. My page is Eric Perry. I left my number for you to call if this is still available. would like to discuss price and shipping.
    Nice talking with you this morning Eric.

All- We are working a deal on this now