Led conversion

Thread: Led conversion

Default Led conversion

Hi guys
    I'm just about to beaver my bike and brought rear led repeaters for the rear and mirror back led repeater ..can some one help me what I will need for the led to work any info will be appreciated many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you are adding LEDS turn signals you will need to change your flasher module or they will flash faster then normal
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

Hey Bigbroomy - so whatchu got there? I'm not sure what you mean by repeaters.
    It sounds like you have LED tail and LED mirrors?

For the tail, there will be 3 wires and for mirrors, 2 possibly 3 wires. What are you working with?
    [NSF]

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Tried finding the post but it was easier to just take pics. On the control side/ kickstand/shifter, remove the rear cover. The same one you removed to pull the inner fender off in order to de-beaver the rear end. Up top just forward of the battery box is the multifunction relay. That will be the pic on the bottom left. (I loaded them backward). The easiest way is with the battery box removed (1st pic from right). (2nd pic) On the top row of the relay female connector there are 4-pins but only 3 are used. The two pins in the middle will be light blue wire and a brown wire (3rd from right) these need to be unpinned and will take up residence on a new flasher/repeater relay with resistors for LED's. I cannot tell you where to get them but the flasher relays are out there.

Once you do this MOD it will fix all flasher/repeaters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	388904   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	388906   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	388908   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	388910  
    Last edited by Frotosride; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:20 PM.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Frotosride View Post
    Tried finding the post but it was easier to just take pics. On the control side/ kickstand/shifter, remove the rear cover. The same one you removed to pull the inner fender off in order to de-beaver the rear end. Up top just forward of the battery box is the multifunction relay. That will be the pic on the bottom left. (I loaded them backward). The easiest way is with the battery box removed (1st pic from right). (2nd pic) On the top row of the relay female connector there are 4-pins but only 3 are used. The two pins in the middle will be light blue wire and a brown wire (3rd from right) these need to be unpinned and will take up residence on a new flasher/repeater relay with resistors for LED's. I cannot tell you where to get them but the flasher relays are out there.

Once you do this MOD it will fix all flasher/repeaters.
    Hey Frotosride - so he's just looking for a flasher relay? I'm confused. I didn't need to pull pins, I just swapped the relay, no resistors.

EDIT: And I guess "repeater" = "flasher/signal" like "trunk" = "boot"?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Hey Frotosride - so he's just looking for a flasher relay? I'm confused. I didn't need to pull pins, I just swapped the relay, no resistors.

EDIT: And I guess "repeater" = "flasher/signal" like "trunk" = "boot"?
    Did you find an 8 pin relay to take the place of the original? This is how I originally wired my inergrated tail light. Let me look up the wiring diagram to explain exactly what I did... It's been a while.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Ok here we go. The 8 pin relay is a dual relay. Turn signal and side stand relay. This relay controls the kickstand kill and engine stop switch functions. Separately, but inter grated into the same relay housing is the actual flasher relay. pins [F] and [G] as described above are the negative and positive connections to the actual flasher section of the relay. By removing these two pins you omit the high resistance (filament bulb) relay and can simply apply a low resistance LED relay. He asked for any info and this is all I have maybe you can tell him where you got your relay and he will be in business.

Dellcity.net that's a good site to save!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	388920  
    Last edited by Frotosride; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:22 PM.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

It is plug and play. Remove the original relay and plug in the one linked below to
    get rid of hyper flash.

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=222599

Didn't know that thing existed, or maybe I just went the cheapest way for me the first time and just didn't care to look for a different relay. I already had a low resistance relay so I just needed the wiring and pin info to make my move.

Poseidon, thanks for the knowledge... Thought I looked through that whole sight as well...
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander