Weird issue in higher rpms. Helppp

Thread: Weird issue in higher rpms. Helppp

Default Weird issue in higher rpms. Helppp

Hello all I’m fairly new to the forum/ I’ve been reading along for over a year but only recently made an account. So I had my transmission redone and all the gears undercut to fix the issue of the 2nd gear dropping into neutral. This was done a year ago. I also had some motor work done. Nothing crazy I would have to find the paper to remember exactly. I also added a 2 into 1 pipe and had the ecu flashed and dyno. I also had the clutch replaced 2 Septembers ago. Now to this issue. Since all of of this worked I noticed that only in 3rd and 4th gear when in higher rpms I will just instantly jump to redline when giving it more gas. It’s almost like the clutch is slipping but I don’t this issue in any other gears. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it because it’s been driving me nuts. Thanks a lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Hello all Iím fairly new to the forum/ Iíve been reading along for over a year but only recently made an account. So I had my transmission redone and all the gears undercut to fix the issue of the 2nd gear dropping into neutral. This was done a year ago. I also had some motor work done. Nothing crazy I would have to find the paper to remember exactly. I also added a 2 into 1 pipe and had the ecu flashed and dyno. I also had the clutch replaced 2 Septembers ago. Now to this issue. Since all of of this worked I noticed that only in 3rd and 4th gear when in higher rpms I will just instantly jump to redline when giving it more gas. Itís almost like the clutch is slipping but I donít this issue in any other gears. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it because itís been driving me nuts. Thanks a lot!
    Sounds like your clutch is slipping. It is common in higher gears where the ratios are closer together. Check your clutch cable adjustment. Make sure you have enough slack. Also check the routing of the clutch cable and make sure it is routed over the front lower motor mount, not under it like the factory does. If your motor mounts are worn, it will allow the motor to move more and will take up the slack in the clutch cable. If you find that none of this is the issue, you will need to open the clutch to inspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachariah View Post
    Hello all I’m fairly new to the forum/ I’ve been reading along for over a year but only recently made an account. So I had my transmission redone and all the gears undercut to fix the issue of the 2nd gear dropping into neutral. This was done a year ago. I also had some motor work done. Nothing crazy I would have to find the paper to remember exactly. I also added a 2 into 1 pipe and had the ecu flashed and dyno. I also had the clutch replaced 2 Septembers ago. Now to this issue. Since all of of this worked I noticed that only in 3rd and 4th gear when in higher rpms I will just instantly jump to redline when giving it more gas. It’s almost like the clutch is slipping but I don’t this issue in any other gears. If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it because it’s been driving me nuts. Thanks a lot!
    Sounds like your clutch is slipping. It is common in higher gears where the ratios are closer together. Check your clutch cable adjustment. Make sure you have enough slack. Also check the routing of the clutch cable and make sure it is routed over the front lower motor mount, not under it like the factory does. If your motor mounts are worn, it will allow the motor to move more and will take up the slack in the clutch cable. If you find that none of this is the issue, you will need to open the clutch to inspect.
    Ok thanks for the tips I’ll check into the things you recommended 😊

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Also, the cable adjustments are not the only one. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can drain the oil, and remove the clutch cover. You will notice a nut in the center of the clutch basket. That is the main adjustment. IIRC, it's to be turned until you feel some resistance and then a half turn back. Check on that though. Check your spring nut torque while in there. If that doesn't help, you may need to replace them again. If you didn't use OEM parts, who knows. But the reason it happens in high gear is because there is much higher torque put on the clutch.