Insert of a 'little' restrictive pipe inside Cobra Speedster Swepts exhaust?

Thread: Insert of a 'little' restrictive pipe inside Cobra Speedster Swepts exhaust?

Default Insert of a 'little' restrictive pipe inside Cobra Speedster Swepts exhaust?

Has anyone increased their midrange with weeeee bit more back pressure? P.S. gettin' old's a bummer hopefully the new knee with get me riding again

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Initially I found the baffles on my Cobras where too loud. I got the 'quiet cores' baffles and am much happier. These quiet cores increase the back pressure thus baffling the sound a little bit. These quiets cores may be what you are looking for.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    Initially I found the baffles on my Cobras where too loud. I got the 'quiet cores' baffles and am much happier. These quiet cores increase the back pressure thus baffling the sound a little bit. These quiets cores may be what you are looking for.
    I believe your quiet cores is the way to go. In the mean time I was able to find a used Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust on-line for $200. When they arrived by UPS I found all the pieces fit BUT they had melted/baked (maybe a grocery or dry cleaner bag) plastic, on them. When I say baked I mean that after I installed them I tried taking the plastic film off after the bike had been ridden (It worked for some of it) and then I got some reeeleeee toxic brake cleaner (It worked for some of it)...I then said "what the Hell" and spray painted some high heat fireplace flat black over the spots after I sanded the surface. After I installed the insert in the 'lower' pipe I noticed an improvement in midrange immediately. I will try to attach some photos of the parts I used...PEACE RIDE SAFE...
    P.S. I know that Harley riders would bend the 'flanges' inward on their Thunderheader exhausts to improve the midrange (can't find the youtube video showing how they did it)

My photos were not the best so I'll retake them...HOWEVER the good news is that between about 2500 and 4500 there was quite an improvement...reeeleee quick with no hesitation...The downside is the exhaust won't win any beauty contests...(removal of the baked on plastic bag...and using some high heat flat black paint to cover up where I finally had to sand the baked plastic off)...oh, well I can't complain for $200...STAY HEALTHY & RIDE SAFE

I was able to contact Suzuki tech support through their home office 800 number...I was lucky. Normally they'll refer you back to your local dealership. I was told the M109's 'stock' fuel management chip was designed to operate from sea level up to over two miles...San Francisco to the top of Pikes Peak...They were very guarded about recommending 'other' exhaust systems, which made sense since the EPA now seems to be hiding under every rock. I did coax a thumbs-up from the technician for the Cobra Speedster Swepts with their crossover pipe. He seemed to have direct experience with them and said "they should work fine". He said the 'stock' fuel management chip would take about 20 miles and a few hills under different loads to re-calibrate to the Cobras...P.S. I'm still looking into the 'quiet cores' and have removed the 'insert'...PEACE RIDE SAFE

Default 2 into 1 ???

I've seen a bunch of posts about getting slightly better performance from a 2into1 pipe. You may want to consider that too.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

I just have a question. Where did you find that front turn signal stay in the pictures? I am slimming down my M90 and I have been looking for a solution to remove my front turn signal lights and replace them with fork ring LEDs.