BEST STORIES ENCOUNTERS FROM POEPLE ADMIRING YOUR M109R!😎😁👏😁😎

Thread: BEST STORIES ENCOUNTERS FROM POEPLE ADMIRING YOUR M109R!😎😁👏😁😎

Default BEST STORIES ENCOUNTERS FROM POEPLE ADMIRING YOUR M109R!😎😁👏😁😎

Share your best stories about the comments, reactions, and actions of others at the moment they encountered your M109R. It doesn’t matter if your 9 was parked or rolling. Also, if you have pics or videos of those encounters, please provide them as well. This may end up becoming the longest thread in the history of this Forum, because I’m certain the vast majority of us (M109R Owners) from ALL over the world have had a plethora of encounters. I hope everyone will participate, since many are not as busy during this COVID-19 period.

This should be good, and I can’t wait to see and read all of the great and funny stories pouring in.
    😊😁😂🤣😎👍🖐👊🤙🤘👌🙌👏🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆👏🙌👌🤘🤙👊🖐👍😎🤣😂😁😊

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Share your best stories about the comments, reactions, and actions of others at the moment they encountered your M109R. It doesn’t matter if your 9 was parked or rolling. Also, if you have pics or videos of those encounters, please provide them as well. This may end up becoming the longest thread in the history of this Forum, because I’m certain the vast majority of us (M109R Owners) from ALL over the world have had a plethora of encounters. I hope everyone will participate, since many are not as busy during this COVID-19 period. This should be good, and I can’t wait to see and read all of the great and funny stories pouring in.
    Where did you get this idea?

My buddy called me other night said hey you up for ice cream, meet ya at SHORT'S local gas station with great ice cream about half way for both of us he has is S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV which always grab attention from the stupid think he is HOMELAND or the Marvel fans that geek out. So I pull up on the bike and he is half way through his cone, I grab mine we are just talking been few days, best friend stuff and this older woman had to be in her late 60's maybe early 70 pulls up next to us... She get out her minivan stops looks at the bike, "Thats a really nice bike you have there young man" I said THANK YOU and laughed! Was almost like commercial and very comical I did have back seat on should asked her she wanted ride??
    ~Stitch

2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES

A couple of years back, Crazytrain and I both entered the same car and bike show. Neither of us knew the other was going to be there. When we signed in, the organizers chose the class we were entered in. There were several highly modified / custom bikes, as well as fully restored older bikes and some lightly modified. Most were HD’s of course. In the end, we both left with first place trophies. One for stock and one for custom. Neither of us could figure out how anyone thought either of our bikes were stock. Funniest part was that I think they had CJ in the stock class. I’m sure the HD guys that had their bikes in the show probably were not to happy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StitchsLoft View Post
    Where did you get this idea?

My buddy called me other night said hey you up for ice cream, meet ya at SHORT'S local gas station with great ice cream about half way for both of us he has is S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV which always grab attention from the stupid think he is HOMELAND or the Marvel fans that geek out. So I pull up on the bike and he is half way through his cone, I grab mine we are just talking been few days, best friend stuff and this older woman had to be in her late 60's maybe early 70 pulls up next to us... She get out her minivan stops looks at the bike, "Thats a really nice bike you have there young man" I said THANK YOU and laughed! Was almost like commercial and very comical I did have back seat on should asked her she wanted ride??
    I got it from you Bro!😁😁😁👊👊👊😁😁😁

You suggested it on another thread, and I thought it was a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    A couple of years back, Crazytrain and I both entered the same car and bike show. Neither of us knew the other was going to be there. When we signed in, the organizers chose the class we were entered in. There were several highly modified / custom bikes, as well as fully restored older bikes and some lightly modified. Most were HD’s of course. In the end, we both left with first place trophies. One for stock and one for custom. Neither of us could figure out how anyone thought either of our bikes were stock. Funniest part was that I think they had CJ in the stock class. I’m sure the HD guys that had their bikes in the show probably were not to happy.
    I LOVE IT Bro. You two went into hostile territory and cleaned house!!! There’s nothing more appeasing to me, and that I take enormous delight in than seeing the defeated, horrified, but yet jealous look on most HD owner’s faces when they see a kick*** 9 roll into their space...especially to compete against their cookie-cutter, and mostly boring-looking HD bikes.

P, I think perhaps the reason they may have put you in the custom class, and CJ in the stock class is...they likely didn’t know what your bikes actually were, or they purposely divided you two, to bring some diversity to each class, and/or to prevent you two (who had the most amazing and unique-looking bikes) from competing against one another in one class.

GREAT STORY Bro. Thanks for sharing!!!

Here is an HD story for you. A little while back, a buddy and I took a ride to Bear Mountain, a popular place for riders. We stopped at the rest area for a bit and a guy pulls up on a brand new HD with his girl. He comes over to us, looking hard at my 9 and asks, “what kind of bike is that?” I told him. He immediately turned to his girl and starts screaming at her for pressuring him to buy a Harley. Yelling, “I could of had this instead.” Especially when I added the price difference. Not a happy camper.

Here for a good time, not a long time.

That’s a great story Shadow. I suspect there’s a ton of HD owners who are disappointed in their decisions to buy a Harley. Over the years, I’ve met and heard many folks say they bought a Harley, because they thought it would give them prestige and status...only to find out later that all they had acquired was a dirty-toilet with a sketchy motor, two wheels, and a set of handle bars. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I don't really have any stories about admirers that stand out. Pretty much every time I ride the 14 year old beastie, someone tells me "Nice bike". Or like yesterday, guy and his chick on a tricycle were doing the old head turner routine as I went by them in the other direction. Once in a while, someone asks me what model Harley it is? LMAO! Last time I rode it up to Pops on Route 66, a few people taking pictures of it sitting there. Occasionally, someone asking me what size is that back tire? That's what makes the money spent on the 10 inch rim and 280 tire worth it.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Same just a bunch of compliments over the years. A funny one happened probably late Jan early Feb. I was at a light turning going to work one morning when I heard someone taking. I wear earbuds so didn't catch it at first. I cut the earbud off and started to talk to him. He complimented on the good looking bike and asked what kind of Indian was it. With a confused look on my face I told him what it was and he again said nice bike. He said he thought it was an Indian because of the two brakes up front. I shook my head playfully and took off as the light turned green.

Really? Like bikes haven't had two brakes up front since the first Suzuki Water Buffaloes got them in 74. The 72 and 73 had single discs, the 74 came with double discs. Think it was the first, but could be wrong there. I haven't had but one or two bikes in all these years that only had a single disc. Maybe only one. Yamaha 750 Virago. Can't think of another. I've had like 30 different bikes since 1975, and only one I can think of had a single disc. So damn, I've owned a lot of Indians. LMAO!!

Edit. Thought of another. Kawasaki KZ-400 I owned for a few short months. It was a trade. Then traded if off for another vehicle after I got tired of it. Man, that was back in like 1981. LOL!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

TO EVERYONE...Please keep the stories and encounters pouring in. Every one of them thus far has been fun to read. As an M109R owner (4 times over), I know that almost every one of you has had moments and encounters with others over your bike that are worthy of being posted on this thread. Come on folks, share with us all some of the stories and encounters you’ve had. Personally, I love reading about those sort of things. 😊😁😎👊🏾👊🏽👊🏼👊🏻👊🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆👊👊🏻👊🏼👊🏽👊🏾😎😁😊

That’s a great story Shadow. I suspect there’s a ton of HD owners who are disappointed in their decisions to buy a Harley. Over the years, I’ve met and heard many folks say they bought a Harley, because they thought it would give them prestige and status...only to find out later that all they had acquired was a dirty-toilet with a sketchy motor, two wheels, and a set of handle bars.
    While not MY story... this story is pretty funny! Too funny not to share since we talking HD...

This guy makes me laugh so hard, the one-liners!!! Been following him for while!
    Last edited by StitchsLoft; 06-05-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    ~Stitch

Very Active Member

Hell Judah, I can't narrow it down lol. Every single time I'm out I get people asking to take pics or what kind of bike it is, how fast, what size motor, custom paint? It's odd because there's no generational gap. Young kids love it, think it's the batman bike and want to touch it, teens always thumbs up me, guys from they're 20s to 80s compliment it, I get head nods from cars passing me, hell I had two older ladies sitting on a bench waiting for me the other day to ask me about it. They thought it was some exotic custom bike lol . it almost create a mini bike show with attention it generates, people stopping , staring , taking pics. it really is a timeless bike that will always look mean and unique as hell.
    Most recent was a memorial day ride I joined with a group I never rode with. The second I pulled in, about 50 bikers, mostly sport bikes, stopped what they were doing and turned to see what the hell was making all the racket. The second I turned it off I had a crowd around it, most people thought it was a triumph and were suprised to hear it was a Suzuki. Hell, even the guys that were riding Suzukis didnt know what it was lol. Had a couple guys really interested in actually getting one after seeing mine. Im not anal about my bike so I'll usually let people sit on it to get a feel for it. Most can't believe it a 700lb+ machine.

Psycho, I no exactly what you’re talking about. I entered a bike show several years ago, on a military installation. As soon as I rolled up on my 07’ model, it seemed like everyone involved in or participating in the bike show stopped whatever they were doing. As soon as I parked my bike, I was swarmed by what felt like a mob of people...to include the judges. Needless to say, I won the Best Custom Cruiser class by a land slide.

I’m like you, in that I’ll let folks sit on my bike to get a sense of how it feels and how well it’s balanced...if they ask first. No one can just take it upon themselves to sit on my bikes. Since having purchased my first 9 in 2009, I have enough stories and encounters to make well over 50+ posts...and those are just the ones I can remember. The 9 is a showstopper, head-turning, jaw-dropping, attention-drawing, mind-boggling, and mesmerizing machine to so many onlookers, who consists of just about every demographic out there.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:17 PM.

I haven't even had mine a year yet, so, not many stories yet. But, I let my Harley riding Brother in law ride mine. When he let the clutch out for the first time, it just about threw him off. He said, it's a torquey little thing, ain"t it? I replied, uh... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxboost View Post
    I haven't even had mine a year yet, so, not many stories yet. But, I let my Harley riding Brother in law ride mine. When he let the clutch out for the first time, it just about threw him off. He said, it's a torquey little thing, ain"t it? I replied, uh... yeah.
    ~Stitch

She almost got away from me as well, the first time I got on. That power and the looks... I was sold.

Here for a good time, not a long time.

Really interesting video, StichsLoft - I agree, Ryan F9 is an entertaining presenter with seemingly well researched stories.

And I'm like others mentioned - happens almost every time I'm out. Two short anecdotes of note:

I was riding through the rural mountain roads of Quebec - so I'm surrounded by French speaking Canadians, a number of whom may prefer to drop the "Canadians" part, and I'm running an Ontario plate. At one point I notice a vehicle which seems to be trying to keep pace with me - ahead, behind, ahead, behind, beside... I'm uncomfortably like, "Q'est ce que SAIT with THIS dude?!" We eventually stop at a streetlight controlled intersection outside of an approaching town and he makes his move. At first, I thought he was just yelling at me until I could make out what he was saying through his accent and my ear plugs: "What bike? What bike? Non 'Arley, oui?" as he wildly stabbed the air with his finger pointing in the general direction of "BOULEVARD" on my tank (before I had replaced that decal...). "ohhhhh.... (I realize and reply in my best broken French) SOO-ZOO-KEE. BOO-LE-VARD." To which I got a broad smiling French farmer smile, "Ahhhh OUI!!! Boul'varr. C'est beau. Tres Bien!" Which, for the rest of Canada roughly translates to, "F'N SWEET BIKE BRO!!" I had a chuckle most of the way home, wondering how that guy was going to translate this encounter over poutine with friends later that day.

And second, was out riding with my own brother visiting from Ottawa, which is 5 hours away. My brother runs a stunningly spotless 16 year old 100th Anniversary Harley Fat Boy - spectacular looking bike, by any brand-free measure, in my opinion. That is, until I hit the highway and lost sight of him.... in my rear view mirrors. Yes, I was showing off a bit, but it took him a full year to finally have the courage to recount the story to me from his perspective. When he took his bike in for its winter babying and nappy time storage, he sought out the emotional comfort of counseling from his salesman - coincidentally the very same guy who had sold him the bike 16 years prior(!). My brother explained that he was looking for what Harley had, into which he could trade in to, as he had recently ridden with his brother (me) on a... "I forget now, it was a Suzuki... it was fast... he totally schooled me on the highway, and I was wide open..." when the salesman blurted out, "An M109? A Boulevard?" To which my brother replied, "YA! Ya. That was it. A Boulevard." The salesman slumped back a bit, and I quote, "Oh geez, ya. Those things are fkn ROCKETS! I can't help you with that." Bwahaha. A *lifer* Harley salesman my brother was pleading to for help so I wouldn't (unintentionally) embarrass him when we ride together... "No help here..." says the dealer.

Both of those stories were very interesting and quite funny NSF. Thank you for sharing. I would love to have heard his conversation about that encounter, once he was back home with his family and friends. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if you came back to the Forum to announce your brother sold/traded his HD Fat Boy for an M109R, after that world class butt-whipping you put on him.

Default Okay, let's all gloat a bit... Read On

Share your best stories about the comments, reactions, and actions of others at the moment they encountered your M109R. It doesn’t matter if your 9 was parked or rolling.

This should be good, and I can’t wait to see and read all of the great and funny stories pouring in.
    😊😁😂🤣😎👍🖐👊🤙🤘👌🙌👏🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆👏🙌👌🤘🤙👊🖐👍😎🤣😂😁😊
    I’ve got a great reverse-and direct reverse story. One Saturday evening last year, I was returning from shopping with my wife in Gambrills Maryland. We stopped at the Wawa to gas up her SUV (it’s gorgeous) when a M109 pulls up at the island direct across from where we’re pumping gas. I said to my wife, “…damn!, is that what I look like when I get gas, that 9ner is smokin’ hot beautiful.” She said, “…what are you talking about?; you’ve got one and it looks even better.” I told her it was quite an experience to see another’s bike from an admirer’s point-of-view. After he drove off I watched lines of his bike and the sound as he leaned into a turn exiting the Wawa. I looked around and all eyes were on him. It was awesome and I was so grateful that I had one of these babies at home in the driveway. Couldn’t wait to get back on her for a nice going-nowhere cruise. BTW, I only hear the exhaust note from inside my helmet. I’ve never heard the exhaust unfiltered. What a sound; I had no idea she sounds so deep and throaty.

My other story is that a friend asked me to meet him and a few of his buddies at a Dunkin’ Donuts, just to hang around. They had a collection of HDs, F6Bs, an Indian and a Victory. When I pulled in all eyes were on my 9ner. I have the chromed version and every inch was gleaming. Nice fairing, hard bags and blue accent lights in all the right hidden places. They could not take their eyes off of Mr. M109r. Made me blush a bit, but I had to be cool so as not to embarrass myself by sucking up the admiration. I made some nice comments about all of their bike (which were true), but it was clear, Suzi was dazzlingly amazing.

Last story: I ride to church on nice Sunday mornings when the weather is perfect as do other biker members. We all park in the same spot near a tree at the front of the parking lot. I cannot tell you how often as members leave service, so many comment on the 9… and some of the other bikes too. Talk about the sizzle with the steak, the beauty and sound of the m109r is the sizzle with the machine that is the steak (prime rib).

Those are some great stories Mike Way. I especially enjoyed the first one, where you gained an even higher appreciation for your 9 by seeing and hearing a 9 owned by someone else. Kudos to your wife. She’s a true “wife-trooper” for sure, in that without hesitation, she said “What are you about? Your 9 is sharper than that one.” That’s what is referred to today as a “ride or die wife.” 😁😎🏆🏆🏆😎😁

Default Now she's blushing with an "aw shucks"

Those are some great stories Mike Way. I especially enjoyed the first one, where you gained an even higher appreciation for your 9 by seeing and hearing a 9 owned by someone else. Kudos to your wife. She’s a true “wife-trooper” for sure, in that without hesitation, she said “What are you about? Your 9 is sharper than that one.” That’s what is referred to today as a “ride or die wife.” 😁😎🏆🏆🏆😎😁
    I showed her your comment; she loved it and yes, she's a keeper. I'm blessed to have a wife who has always encouraged me in all my hobbies. Now it's DJI droning along with the bike; she always has got my back. I'm putting together some drone footage of a motorcycle club that visited here Memorial Day. I will send you the YouTube link when I'm done putting it together.

Thanks for the nice words. And you keep up your the great post. I always enjoy anything you put out there. You are the Grand Puba of M109ring. Don't know how old you are, but that's a title from The Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Way View Post
    I showed her your comment; she loved it and yes, she's a keeper. I'm blessed to have a wife who has always encouraged me in all my hobbies. Now it's DJI droning along with the bike; she always has got my back. I'm putting together some drone footage of a motorcycle club that visited here Memorial Day. I will send you the YouTube link when I'm done putting it together.

Thanks for the nice words. And you keep up your the great post. I always enjoy anything you put out there. You are the Grand Puba of M109ring. Don't know how old you are, but that's a title from The Flintstones.
    Mike, I believe a man it at his very best when he has a wonderful, encouraging, and supportive wife that constantly inspires and lifts him up with her love, deeds, and words. It sounds like you have a JEWEL!!!

Please, send me that drone footage Bro. I would love to see that, as it sounds really cool and very intriguing.

As well, thank you for the compliments. I don’t look at myself as being the Grand Puba of the M109R. There’s guys here that are leaps and bounds better than me, as it pertains to the mechanics and electronics of bikes, autos, etc. But, I can hold my own with anyone, when it comes to creative ideas/concepts/schemes for transforming the M109R into a work of art. Nevertheless, I certainly remember that character from the Flint Stones. You and I are probably around the same age, based on our recollection of the Grand Puba. 😁😂🤣🤣😂😁

I’m still learning and trying to become more educated on this beautiful bike we (M109R Owners) are blessed to own. I’ve never been one with great mechanic or electronic skills. I spent most of my life playing sports year round. I’ve made my fair share of mistakes, wrongful assumptions, misinterpretations, and misdiagnosis on some issues/aspects regarding the 9. However, I AM very passionate and absolutely in love with the M109R bike. I’ve been able to help other members here, in some instances, as well as having received help from some of our members, which I believe is one of the main purposes of a Forum.

I’m going to send you a PM with my email address, and cell phone number, so you have options on how you would like to send the video to me.

You and the Mrs. have a good one Bro...and Be Blessed!!!

Bobby