Evap cannister delete

Thread: Evap cannister delete

Default Evap cannister delete

Hello, first post. Have a 2013 M109R and trying to do an evap delete as I have installed Arnott air ride and the compressor resides where the evap cannister did. I removed the cannister and plugged the vacuum tube with a bolt with silicone on the threads and ran the tank vent tube down where the key inserts. Bike starts and runs. As soon as i put weight on it or stand it upright it stalls out. Do i need a check valve somewhere or is there something electrical I need to address? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Send a massage to Poseidon . He has a detailed photo procedure as to how to do it . Some time ago , I installed an air horn on that location and I was able to do it with that guidance . The tube vent on mine vents to the rear .
    I never have had any problems , so you must be blocking something or better still, some tubing is not completely blocked .
    Poseidon is a great guy and one of the gurus on the M109R .

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Send a massage to Poseidon . He has a detailed photo procedure as to how to do it . Some time ago , I installed an air horn on that location and I was able to do it with that guidance . The tube vent on mine vents to the rear .
    I never have had any problems , so you must be blocking something or better still, some tubing is not completely blocked .
    Poseidon is a great guy and one of the gurus on the M109R .

Thanks, I'll shoot him a message. Was thinking of using the check valve off the canister just to attach to the vent line to experiment.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So an update...

I put the bike on jack so it's upright and eliminated the kickstand switch (just in case), tried cranking it over and checked the codes getting a C-32 and C-33 which is for the fuel injectors. Any idea what would cause this to not be an issue with the bike on the kick stand, but would be upright? Have yet to change the fuel filter, which i'm going to order tonight.

Also...I did pm Poseidon, waiting to hear back. Thanks again.

Very Active Member

The elimination of the canister is a simple procedure . It has nothing to do with the fuel injectors as far as I know , but with vacuum . If you cap the correct hoses and lay out the right hose vent , the bike would not notice the change .
    It is not a difficult job , but rather tedious , and if I remember correctly (its been a couple of years since) , you have to take out the fuel tank to get access to re-route the hoses , cap some of them , etc .
    Poseidon pics and detail make it easy .
    Go to Poseidon site and click the build threads and I believe you will find it around there
    Last edited by josey088; 3 Days Ago at 11:06 PM.

The evap canister delete would not cause any codes for fuel injectors unless you have some kind of vapor lock situation. Open the gas cap to insure the tank is vented and see if that changes anything. If it does, your vent is not venting. If you still have the same symptoms, the next thing I would check is the electrical connection (brown plug) at the back of the tank. It is possible to inadvertently pull a wire out the back of the plug just enough that it does not make contact, but not enough to notice that it has pulled out.

For reference, here is a link to the post in my build thread showing how I eliminated the evap canister. I’m not sure how you ran your vent line, but it is possible that the one way valve is keeping your tank from venting if it is still in place.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...=1#post3592625

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    The evap canister delete would not cause any codes for fuel injectors unless you have some kind of vapor lock situation. Open the gas cap to insure the tank is vented and see if that changes anything. If it does, your vent is not venting. If you still have the same symptoms, the next thing I would check is the electrical connection (brown plug) at the back of the tank. It is possible to inadvertently pull a wire out the back of the plug just enough that it does not make contact, but not enough to notice that it has pulled out.

For reference, here is a link to the post in my build thread showing how I eliminated the evap canister. I’m not sure how you ran your vent line, but it is possible that the one way valve is keeping your tank from venting if it is still in place.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...=1#post3592625

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I did try with the gas cap off just incase it was vapor locking, same result. So def not thinking it has anything to do with the canister since it runs fine on its kick stand the way i have it (nice write up though, def enjoy that post you did). Already took out the tip over switch and looking for what resistance i need to temporarily bypass that to rule it out. Next is wire tracing to the injectors themselves... Thank you guys for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by novemberromeo78 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I did try with the gas cap off just incase it was vapor locking, same result. So def not thinking it has anything to do with the canister since it runs fine on its kick stand the way i have it (nice write up though, def enjoy that post you did). Already took out the tip over switch and looking for what resistance i need to temporarily bypass that to rule it out. Next is wire tracing to the injectors themselves... Thank you guys for the advice.
    Thanks.

Check the wires in the brown electrical connection under the tank close to the seat. It is a very common issue to pull one of the wires part way out when disconnecting / reconnecting when removing / replacing the tank.