Chrome T-Rex tank bezel

Thread: Chrome T-Rex tank bezel

Default Chrome T-Rex tank bezel

Hey gang,

I'm in process to find a chrome T-REx bezel... no luck up to date...spoke with JC and he told me that Meancycles stopped selling the chrome version. Anyone knows where this could be find? I looked for fiberglass chroming companies... man they ask the total !!!! A couple of no quote but some American cies ask 550 up to 600$ US to do the process.... The cheaper I found is 600 CDN$ here in Quebec ......

Any idea or suggestions about this search?

CBXER... I do not know how much $$ you paid for it but ... you're a lucky man.

Thanks for your time,

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I paid $350 for it. And thankful I did it. And that's the exact same price I paid for the chrome Low and Mean chin scoop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3936.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	388430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010004_zpsoxarp6fj.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	388432  
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by MR.X View Post
    Hey gang,

I'm in process to find a chrome T-REx bezel... no luck up to date...spoke with JC and he told me that Meancycles stopped selling the chrome version. Anyone knows where this could be find? I looked for fiberglass chroming companies... man they ask the total !!!! A couple of no quote but some American cies ask 550 up to 600$ US to do the process.... The cheaper I found is 600 CDN$ here in Quebec ......

Any idea or suggestions about this search?

CBXER... I do not know how much $$ you paid for it but ... you're a lucky man.

Thanks for your time,
    Have you considered buying a black one, and having it chromed? The cost for Chroming an item like that would likely only be around $100.00. I believe I saw the black version on MEANCYCLES for about $189.00 or $199.00.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

There’s a guy on FB and on eBay from Russia that sells them in chrome. I can’t comment on the quality, just saw them FS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    There’s a guy on FB and on eBay from Russia that sells them in chrome. I can’t comment on the quality, just saw them FS
    That's a great suggestion BP. I remember having seen a post on here a while back about a guy in Russia who was producing that item and a few other aftermarket/custom items for the M109R.

Damn Russians! Always interfering in American affairs. LMAO!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    That's a great suggestion BP. I remember having seen a post on here a while back about a guy in Russia who was producing that item and a few other aftermarket/custom items for the M109R.
    That guy is Sergei Shaboldin. He makes/sells a few different things for the m109. I’ve purchased something from him before and that transaction went very smooth, no problems at all. Here’s the link for the chrome Trex (he has the black as well).
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2489...48826236063112

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure I've read on his Facebook pages that the chrome finish is actually a paint rather than actual chrome.
    That being said his work is apparently very good, I quite like the hard rear bags he does.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I paid $350 for it. And thankful I did it. And that's the exact same price I paid for the chrome Low and Mean chin scoop.
    cbxer55, is that one of those rear seat cowl that has a storage compartment on your bike. If it is, can you inform me where you bought it and how much. From what I understand it is quite expensive. I think it added a unique look to your bike. You don’t see many of them around. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    cbxer55, is that one of those rear seat cowl that has a storage compartment on your bike. If it is, can you inform me where you bought it and how much. From what I understand it is quite expensive. I think it added a unique look to your bike. You don’t see many of them around. Thanks
    Its made by Corbin, the same folks who make the high quality motorcycle seats for our bikes and others. Last I remember, the cost is approximately $550.00. They can also paint match it for any stock color of the M109R.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchM1800R2 View Post
    That guy is Sergei Shaboldin. He makes/sells a few different things for the m109. I’ve purchased something from him before and that transaction went very smooth, no problems at all. Here’s the link for the chrome Trex (he has the black as well).

Thanks DutchM1800R2 !!! Just tried to contact him as I'm no facebooker.. I gave him my e-mail address and wish he will contact me as I do not know how to make deal on FB. Hope this will be a good supplier. If someone know how FB works for transactions, any help will be very very appreciated.

Also surprised that he ( Sergei ) is not posting here

Judah, I may miswrite my request. The first proposal I was looking is to by a prime bezel 199 USD at Meancycle and get it chrome. Founded at 550 up to 600 USD all of that excluding shipping and dutie and Fedex cote for the customs clearance and !!! BTW dollar exchange is 1.32CAD for 1 USD !!! outch !!!

Thanks DutchM1800R2 !!! Just tried to contact him as I'm no facebooker.. I gave him my e-mail address and wish he will contact me as I do not know how to make deal on FB. Hope this will be a good supplier. If someone know how FB works for transactions, any help will be very very appreciated.

Also surprised that he ( Sergei ) is not posting here

Judah, I may miswrite my request. The first proposal I was looking is to by a prime bezel 199 USD at Meancycle and get it chrome. Founded at 550 up to 600 USD all of that excluding shipping and dutie and Fedex cote for the customs clearance and !!! BTW dollar exchange is 1.32CAD for 1 USD !!! outch !!!
    Woah Mr. X, that is far too much money to invest into an item that should only cost around $175 to $199 U.S. dollars. I just don’t understand why the original manufacturer no longer makes the item in a chrome finish, and now only offers it in black. As for Facebook, I don’t even have a Facebook account. It’s not something I’m interested in ever doing. So, I can’t help you with doing a Facebook purchasing transaction. Hopefully Dutch will see this and chime in. He has purchased a few items from that guy (Sergei), and would likely be able to instruct you on how to do it properly.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 05-16-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Its made by Corbin, the same folks who make the high quality motorcycle seats for our bikes and others. Last I remember, the cost is approximately $550.00. They can also paint match it for any stock color of the M109R.
    Thanks Judah, I would rather do other mods for that kind of money. I do like the appearance though. One question Judah, I noticed that you have a two tone VPR Short Race. I always wondered, did you order it that way, or did you have it painted. Just curious.

Thanks Judah, I would rather do other mods for that kind of money. I do like the appearance though. One question Judah, I noticed that you have a two tone VPR Short Race. I always wondered, did you order it that way, or did you have it painted. Just curious.
    Hello Manny,

First and foremost, I want to give the credit where it is due. I first got the idea from Mark Rowe aka PhatM9. He was the first to do it, and he was nice enough to share his information with me.

Unfortunately, Hard Krome will not sell the exhaust with two different finishes. You have to purchase it in either chrome or black ceramic coat. My first one has a black ceramic coat finish on the Muffler, which is nice. I used the same company that Mark used for his muffler. But, like all ceramic coatings, it can scratch very easily, and it’s a very dull/flat black.

After speaking with a top-notch local coating company manager here in Arlington last week, I learned a lot more about coatings and certain metals they can/should and shouldn’t be used on, based on the location and use of the metal part itself. So, the “MUFFLER ONLY” on the VPR SHORT Exhaust I just purchased yesterday is going to be done with a Satin Black Powder Coat with a High Temp Rating of 1000 degrees, at a cost of only $50.00. At some point, I will also have my first VPR SHORT Muffler with the ceramic coat finish on it changed to the High Temp Satin Black Powder Coat finish.

Hello Manny,

First and foremost, I want to give the credit where it is due. I first got the idea from Mark Rowe aka PhatM9. He was the first to do it, and he was nice enough to share his information with me.

Unfortunately, Hard Krome will not sell the exhaust with two different finishes. You have to purchase it in either chrome or black ceramic coat. My first one has a black ceramic coat finish on the Muffler, which is nice. I used the same company that Mark used for his muffler. But, like all ceramic coatings, it can scratch very easily, and it’s a very dull/flat black.

After speaking with a top-notch local coating company manager here in Arlington last week, I learned a lot more about coatings and certain metals they can/should and shouldn’t be used on, based on the location and use of the metal part itself. So, the “MUFFLER ONLY” on the VPR SHORT Exhaust I just purchased yesterday is going to be done with a Satin Black Powder Coat with a High Temp Rating of 1000 degrees, at a cost of only $50.00. At some point, I will also have my first VPR SHORT Muffler with the ceramic coat finish on it changed to the High Temp Satin Black Powder Coat finish.
    The way I understand it is you are buying the VPR Short muffler only, so they do sell the muffler and headers separately? What is the difference in price?

The way I understand it is you are buying the VPR Short muffler only, so they do sell the muffler and headers separately? What is the difference in price?
    No, that’s not what I’m saying at all Bro. Hard Krome will not sell any of their exhaust components separately. If you damage a part of your exhaust, and it must replaced, you’ll have to purchase an entire exhaust system from them. Yesterday, I purchased a brand new “complete” chromed VPR SHORT Exhaust System through MEANCYCLES. When it arrives (hopefully by Monday, 5/18/20), I’m immediately taking the “MUFFLER ONLY” to my local coating company to have it High Temp Satin Black Powder Coated.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 05-16-2020 at 09:40 AM.

True. That is what I paid for mine and that included paint to match. And the match is perfect. Also, the body lines match up with the rest of the body perfectly. I've heard this can be variable though. Also, when mounting it, you have to play with washers to get it all lined up right. So I have asymmetric washer stacks under each of the four mounting locations. I glued the washers together, and glued them to the underside, so they never change, no matter how many times you take it off and reinstall it. My main reason for getting it was a safe place to stash my 1911 if I go somewhere it's not permitted. And I can fit a full size 1911 in there, no problemo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3861.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	388442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010008.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	388444  
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by DutchM1800R2 View Post

Guys, I just register to FB... and got my order with Sergei. I hope to not be desapointed! I'll give you an update when I'll get the bezel. thanks again Dutch !

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

You're welcome!

Guys, I just register to FB... and got my order with Sergei. I hope to not be desapointed! I'll give you an update when I'll get the bezel. thanks again Dutch !
    Definitely let us know on the fit and finish. Chrome paint is okay, most people can't tell the difference is it's done right. You can't polish it, but oh well, I don't polish my chrome either. It's way too easy to overdo it and next thing you know, no chrome.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

Any updates yet?

the bezel is still in process. Sergei told me he will need 2 to 3 weeks. I'll let you know later next next

Very Active Member

Cool

update:

shipment from Russia on June 16th. Recevied here at home in Canada last week.

First review:

- There were almost 5 fish eye defects
    - found 4 "cracks" in the chrome paint on top of the gage opening
    - Orange peel at the top section ( the one facing the steering)

Got in communication with the seller and he told me this is a 3rd party fault. I told him to send me a RMA and a carrier. He told me to pay shipping for a refund or accept a 30$ rebate... Was affraid to not see any of my money and as this was 150$ to ship back I accepted the 30$ offer....

All and all, I install the bezel. The fit is perfect . And at 10 feet this is perfect but when we are looking carefully, we can see the defects but this is not major...

Am I satisfied.... can't say for now. Will be back soon with my final appreciation. If someone wants to see I may add pics.

Very Active Member

3rd party fault my ass. I can’t stand when I hear merchants leaning on that bull**** excuse. You sell it, you own it, the good and the bad. I’ve been patiently waiting to see how this worked out for you as I was interested. Sorry to hear this was the outcome. Post pics up when you get a chance.

Well, truth be told, there are two "fish eyes" in the chrome part I bought from Mean Cycles. I understand it is a difficult process. I'm not too concerned about them. I never bothered to complain about them to MC. As was said, from a small distance, can't see them. I'm likely the only one who ver will see them. That's kind of par for the course when it comes to parts for our bikes, our cars, etc.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING