Vibration under load

Thread: Vibration under load

Default Vibration under load

Hey guys... I just got my first m109r...its a 2007...first bike of this style ....came from 20 years of riding sport bikes... my question is...whether I'm hwy or city driving I get quite a vibration in my seat under load.... not sure if it's common or not just thought I'd throw it out there and ask... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rajpaul View Post
    Hey guys... I just got my first m109r...its a 2007...first bike of this style ....came from 20 years of riding sport bikes... my question is...whether I'm hwy or city driving I get quite a vibration in my seat under load.... not sure if it's common or not just thought I'd throw it out there and ask... thanks
    You are not suppose to have any vibration ,under load or not . Cut it be that your motor mounts are shot ?

It's quite common and normal on the 9, if you go for hard acceleration the engine shudders in the 3000-4000 rpm range.
    Just give the Forum a good search for "Vibration" or "3000 rpm".

There seem to be some fix attempts, like a modification to the motor mounts, or to the clutch (e.g. https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...446#post687446).

I had the same issue, and our dealers and riders here in germany are also familiar with this "issue".

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

There’s a vibration effect that is to be considered normal/par for the course with a motorcycle, simply caused by the function of the motor. However, if the vibration is excessive, and your feeling it extensively during acceleration, it’s very likely that the motor mounts (front upper and rear upper) are worn out and need to be replaced...especially since the bike is now 13 years old. The best motor mounts available for the 9 are the Polyurethane Motor Mounts from securebillydump.com. I’ve provided the link to the item below.

http://secure.billydump.com/store/in...&productId=287

I hope this helps you.

It's a big v twin so there's going to be a big difference coming off a smooth 4 cylinder bike. so since this is the net, and we can't ride your bike, it's hard to determine what level of vibration you have. Is there anyone close by that has one that could ride it to compare?

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Mine 2008 does it too about 3200 to 3500 RPM I took it in they couldnt find anything... I thought maybe wheel was out balance or something... My motor mounts were changed when I bought it so I know its not that... I run 250 rear think about going to the 260 but I try ignore it honestly... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    You are not suppose to have any vibration ,under load or not . Cut it be that your motor mounts are shot ?
    Well it seems be VERY common and its DEEP in the seat at the power band and they say its "normal" mine is always 3200-3500 then fads as fast as it came...

I try ignore it now... Shop said there was nothing there its just the power band...
    Last edited by StitchsLoft; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:35 PM.

Hey thanks for all the advice guys....I run a 280 rear tire and someone suggested that might be the issue...but regardless I ended up ordering new mounts for it..seems like the most logical thing to try first

Hey thanks for all the advice guys....I run a 280 rear tire and someone suggested that might be the issue...but regardless I ended up ordering new mounts for it..seems like the most logical thing to try first
    You can pretty much eliminate the 280 tire from being a possibility. Unless the tire is somehow defective, there’s not much of a chance that it is causing the vibration. I firmly believe replacing those motor mounts is going to resolve the issue altogether, or at the very least, greatly decrease the vibration problem.

Hi there, I came of sports bikes to my first 9, one thing you must not do is compare the 9 with a sports bike ride. They are very different. Mine is an 08 and I ride it like a sports bike and at around 31/2k rpm get a slight vibration, it’s normal if same feeling on yours, two of the biggest pistons on any motorcycle or car for that matter causing a lot of inertia bro

To check if it’s definitely the mounts, rev the engine in first gear with your foot and hand on the brakes rev and release clutch but not fully, have a friend watch for movement of engine alone, it will look like it’s a little loose from the frame. If it’s solid mounts are good.