Power Commander maps???

Thread: Power Commander maps???

Question Power Commander maps???

Guys I rolled through a lot of threads but couldn't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I have hard krome dual radius exhausts with no baffles, PCV and KN filters. I'm thinking about switching to spiked air filters for the looks and I'm assuming they would also contribute performance wise.
    I checked the PC website for maps but they have very limited options and it's actually surprising. PCV was installed on the bike when I got it. If I had a choice I wouldn't go with PCV on this bike because of how few of a map option the customer gets. Then again I'm not sure if other brands of fuel management systems provide better service? (Please let me know if they do with the brand name)

I'm satisfied with how the bike runs right now but it sure promises more potential, I can feel it. Previous owner told me that I could switch to some other modes if I connect it to a laptop via software, (like it's on "standard" but you can switch to "performance") but couldn't really figure out what he was talking about because I installed the software and looked for some of the things I can change without messing with the current map that is on the system, watched some videos but couldn't find anything.

So my questions are;
    1. When I switch to spike air filters, how do I tune the bike since I got only a few map options?
    2. I'm not even sure the currently installed map on PCV is the best map for my current setup, wondering if I can do anything to optimize or improve it by any means with these limited choices of maps I have right here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled333.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	388346 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled3333.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	388348

Also when I look at this list, I don't even see a map which will apply to my current setup but I can't say the current state of the bike is bad. Power delivery is alright and when I let off the throttle I get zero to minimum decel pops, seems it's running okay.
    I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to improve it and what should I do if I make an air intake upgrade.

Thanks in advance, love ya all.
    Last edited by Habitat666; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:15 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I would suggest to find a dyno center close to you and put the bike on a test bench their. They will make a mapping for your powercommander which suit your setup.

The maps provided onlineare essentially a base map or tune. To get the most out of the unit and themods its supporting, you will need to go have a custom map made by a tunerspecifically for your bike, its enviroment and the mods. This is usually a few hundred dollars,more if you want to tune each cylinder separate from each other for the bestresults.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Makkievld View Post
    I would suggest to find a dyno center close to you and put the bike on a test bench their. They will make a mapping for your powercommander which suit your setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    The maps provided onlineare essentially a base map or tune. To get the most out of the unit and themods its supporting, you will need to go have a custom map made by a tunerspecifically for your bike, its enviroment and the mods. This is usually a few hundred dollars,more if you want to tune each cylinder separate from each other for the bestresults.
    I think I'll be looking for someone that can do the tuning. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
    Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.