M109 Rider Forums banner

M90 240 Tire Swap 6mm Spacer

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  That 1 M109R Rider 
#1 ·
Looking for some help

My 2017 M90 is at the shop for a 240 tire swap, the mechanic showed me there is a gap on the rotor side (right side when sitting on the bike) between the rim and the swing arm, does anyone know what size washer/spacer I need to fill the gap? Threads all say 6mm but Im not sure diameter or other measurements to call around and find one.

Thanks,

#4 · (Edited)
you dont really need to be worried about the gap its just the shop doing what they do there has been that many people who have done the swap and never had a problem. if you put the 6mm spacer in you need to space the brake caliper as well the m109 rim is narrower in the hub than the m90 and thats why it pulls in. so if you move the swing arm out the caliper is mounted to the swing arm so your moving the caliper out wider from the disc 80,000 klms never had a problem with it. allways un bolt the 2 allen key bolts from the caliper mount before you undo the axle nut

#6 ·
Hello , 9 owner here🤣🤣 . I've been thinking of best ways to lower the weight of the 9 and I wanted to start with rims and tires. (Heads up this will be only for the drag strip) I was thinking about taking the 17 by 6.5 m90 rear rim putting on 235 or 245 car tires , any adjustments needed to fit that rim and tire on the 9?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.