Ride-on vs Dyna beads/ counteract

Thread: Ride-on vs Dyna beads/ counteract

Very Active Member

Anyone here use ride-on? I never even heard of the stuff before talking with a friend with a Harley. His Indy shop uses it exclusively. I was given two bottles, enough to do my new 23” wheel. I’m apprehensive for some reason. I’ve used Dyna beads in the past, so I’m thinking of just buying some instead. Although for some reason counteract beads seem easier to come by.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I bought a bucket of counteract beads and use them with every tire change. I’ve helped a friend change his tires and he used ride on. Works well for balancing the tires. It sticks to the inside of the tire, but stays soft and will redistribute as needed if the tire wears uneven. It is about the consistency of peanut butter. From what I saw, I don’t see it doing much for a puncture unless the puncture is right down the middle of the tire. More than an inch or so to one side and it will not seal the hole.

Very Active Member

That answers part of what I was worried about. I was visualizing the stuff being all over the place during a tire change

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

This was brought up along time ago, but I think they called it green slime. This is what I remember from that thread, If your bike sites for a while the “slime” will drain to the bottom of the tire. Was speculated that it would be really unbalanced until it redistributed around the tire. Plus as you say, change the tire would be a MESS. The beads are simple, clean and easy. I ran them for over a decade.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member

Which beads, dyna or counterbalance? I used dyna in the past. Some people say that counterbalance are better due to the material and static keeping them in place.....probably all the same in the end

Oh, and the ride-on is supposed to be better than the slime. Different consistency

I've used it twice before on both front and rear. About to swap both out again and wont hesitate to do it again. Never and issue.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Ride on is a different consistency than slime. Ride on is not messy during tire change. It is much thicker and sticks to the inside of the tire.

I have used dyna beads exclusively for the last 15 years. Never have been an issue using them.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Ride on is a different consistency than slime. Ride on is not messy during tire change. It is much thicker and sticks to the inside of the tire.
    Thanks for the info.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I have used dyna beads exclusively for the last 15 years. Never have been an issue using them.
    Been using the beads exclusively since 2011. The last couple years been using the beads in some pro street automobile applications. I've never been disappointed. No reason to change.