New guy in Orlando

Thread: New guy in Orlando

Default New guy in Orlando

Hey everyone, I'm the new guy (for now). Trading in my 2008 VTX1800F for a 2020 M109R BOSS tomorrow. I'm already looking into what to do to make her faster. SO far looking at freedom pipes, a few different intakes, a power commander, supports mods like clutch and everything and down the road will look at a turbo kit. Open to suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ticowarbird View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm the new guy (for now). Trading in my 2008 VTX1800F for a 2020 M109R BOSS tomorrow. I'm already looking into what to do to make her faster. SO far looking at freedom pipes, a few different intakes, a power commander, supports mods like clutch and everything and down the road will look at a turbo kit. Open to suggestions
    Skip the power commander and get in contact with BCS! I have the same exhaust and a modified intake and recommend flashing your ECU instead. You will find that a good majority of the folks on this forum have done just that and enjoy the results that come from the flash, really opens the bike up performance wise. Welcome to the forum and post up some pics of your new ride when you get the chance!

Flash the ECU.

welcome aboard!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    Skip the power commander and get in contact with BCS! I have the same exhaust and a modified intake and recommend flashing your ECU instead. You will find that a good majority of the folks on this forum have done just that and enjoy the results that come from the flash, really opens the bike up performance wise. Welcome to the forum and post up some pics of your new ride when you get the chance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/agree.gif[/IMG] Flash the ECU.

welcome aboard!
    Thank you both, I'll update my want list. How about the velocity pro race exhaust? Just saw a picture of it on the BCS Facebook. Had Vance and Hines, a hypercharger, and the power commander on the VTX.

I like the VP short. Don’t care for the looks of the original long version. If you ever plan on going with a wider wheel and tire, the 2 piece swing arm is the way to go. Full length exhaust will require you to pull the exhaust in order to utilize the 2piece swing arm. Plan out everything you want to do to your bike before you start buying parts. When you start modifying your 9, almost everything you do will effect other mods you may want to do in the future. Planning it out will save you money in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I like the VP short. Don’t care for the looks of the original long version. If you ever plan on going with a wider wheel and tire, the 2 piece swing arm is the way to go. Full length exhaust will require you to pull the exhaust in order to utilize the 2piece swing arm. Plan out everything you want to do to your bike before you start buying parts. When you start modifying your 9, almost everything you do will effect other mods you may want to do in the future. Planning it out will save you money in the long run.
    That's the plan, I learned that the hard way with my Camaro 🏻 I'm having to redo a lot for a new build.

Welcome aboard Pal! I got the velocity Pro Race put on my bike which I am picking up tomorrow morning. I also had the Cycle House Q5 air intake installed along with the Cobra Power Pro Black tuner which self adjusts. From what I understand that is a decent combination. If I have any issues down the line I will be contacting Sparky, BCS for a full ecu tune and call it a day. Enjoy your Nine!

Here she is. New outta the box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_133649_519_1586022729044.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	387680  

You will want to get an X-TRE first unless you plan on flashing the ECU soon or getting a tuner that has the same function. The 9 can be a handful completely stock.

Here she is. New outta the box.
    Looks awesome, congrats!

and. to the forum.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Even after all these years I still don't think there is a turbo kit available for the 9.

The FULL ECU FLASH, along with a great aftermarket 2 into 1 exhaust, and set of open air flowing intakes is indeed the best performance package for the 9...in my honest opinion. The Hard Krome Velocity Pro Race Short 2 into 1 exhaust is an excellent choice. By the way, which Freedom exhaust were you considering?

There is no manufactured Turbo Kit available on the market for the 9. However, there are some guys out there who have created their own Turbo Kits for their respective 9s. No matter...any Turbo Kit you add to any M109R is going to be an absolute eyesore...that’s also my honest opinion. I haven’t seen one yet that doesn’t look like a huge appendage attached to the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    The FULL ECU FLASH, along with a great aftermarket 2 into 1 exhaust, and set of open air flowing intakes is indeed the best performance package for the 9...in my honest opinion. The Hard Krome Velocity Pro Race Short 2 into 1 exhaust is an excellent choice. By the way, which Freedom exhaust were you considering?

There is no manufactured Turbo Kit available on the market for the 9. However, there are some guys out there who have created their own Turbo Kits for their respective 9s. No matter...any Turbo Kit you add to any M109R is going to be an absolute eyesore...that’s also my honest opinion. I haven’t seen one yet that doesn’t look like a huge appendage attached to the motor.
    Wasn't sure on which pipes yet, was going to look into stats more than looks. Seems like It's leaking fuel from somewhere so I'm gonna take her back to the dealership Tuesday when they're open. Works out because I need to break it in.

Yep... Going back to the dealership Tuesday when they open. Leaked a full tank in about 24 hours. Coming from above ignition. Saw a few posts about the fuel rail and some about the injectors and rings. Hope it's a quick fix because this is my only mode of transportation right now in Florida.

Welcome to the M109R club! There's quite a few of us in and around Orlando, make sure to join the M109R Riders of Central FL facebook group too https://www.facebook.com/groups/789300691248219/
    I cant' agree more with the posts on BCS and having him flash your ECU, it's an amazing difference from stock. I've got a 2012LE with the Velocity Pro on and BCS tune, it's awesome. Planing on doing the Airbox delete this week as well. You should take a ride on her to see the difference from stock. There's a lot of us in the community that can help with anything you might need to, great place to be plugged in. Here's a group shot from one our rides, and a pic of my ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFL M109R Group Bridge Entry for April 2020.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	387684 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-14-19-32-34.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	387686

I'm in East Orlando area, where abouts are you?
    Michael - 2012 M109r LE - East Orlando, FL

welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler
    COMING SOON: Arnott Air Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Welcome to the M109R club! There's quite a few of us in and around Orlando, make sure to join the M109R Riders of Central FL facebook group too https://www.facebook.com/groups/789300691248219/
    I cant' agree more with the posts on BCS and having him flash your ECU, it's an amazing difference from stock. I've got a 2012LE with the Velocity Pro on and BCS tune, it's awesome. Planing on doing the Airbox delete this week as well. You should take a ride on her to see the difference from stock. There's a lot of us in the community that can help with anything you might need to, great place to be plugged in. Here's a group shot from one our rides, and a pic of my ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CFL M109R Group Bridge Entry for April 2020.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	387684 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-14-19-32-34.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	387686

I'm in East Orlando area, where abouts are you?
    I'm just north of Orlando, in Winter Springs. Will check out the page and all the parts, got nothing but time for now haha

I'm curious regarding your screen name, are you associated with the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum?
    Michael - 2012 M109r LE - East Orlando, FL

Yep... Going back to the dealership Tuesday when they open. Leaked a full tank in about 24 hours. Coming from above ignition. Saw a few posts about the fuel rail and some about the injectors and rings. Hope it's a quick fix because this is my only mode of transportation right now in Florida.
    Wow, that’s extremely unfortunate Bro. I hope they can fix the issue right there on the spot, with very little to no issues at all. It sounds like the mechanic may have failed to prep the bike properly for delivery. That sucks to buy a brand new bike, and then have that sort of issue right away. It would make me very skeptical about what else may have not been assembled/prepped properly. My guess is it’s the injectors and rings. I had that fuel leaking problem with my 07’ model. It turns out it was the fuel rail, which was on recall for the 06’ and 07’ models. My bike would only leak fuel when I turned the motor on. It sounds like your bike started leaking and never stopped, until all the fuel had leaked out, which doesn’t seem like a fuel rail issue, in my opinion.

Good luck Bro, and keep us posted on the diagnosis and resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    I'm curious regarding your screen name, are you associated with the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum?
    No, but good catch. The first airshow I ever went to was a Tico Warbird airshow and Tico was my roadname in a couple clubs I was in. Plus Ticowarbird is almost always an available name on all the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Wow, that’s extremely unfortunate Bro. I hope they can fix the issue right there on the spot, with very little to no issues at all. It sounds like the mechanic may have failed to prep the bike properly for delivery. That sucks to buy a brand new bike, and then have that sort of issue right away. It would make me very skeptical about what else may have not been assembled/prepped properly. My guess is it’s the injectors and rings. I had that fuel leaking problem with my 07’ model. It turns out it was the fuel rail, which was on recall for the 06’ and 07’ models. My bike would only leak fuel when I turned the motor on. It sounds like your bike started leaking and never stopped, until all the fuel had leaked out, which doesn’t seem like a fuel rail issue, in my opinion.

Good luck Bro, and keep us posted on the diagnosis and resolution.
    I'm hoping it's a quickie fix. Right now the bike is all I have for transportation while I'm stuck in the States.

Congrats new guy. I'll live vicariously through you. Lol

Got the bike back with the new grips. Fuel leak was a pinched packing they used on the fuel pump.

Got the bike back with the new grips. Fuel leak was a pinched packing they used on the fuel pump.
    Glad it was an easy fix, ride safe!

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

and to the Family!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE