Quick walk around video of my 9

Thread: Quick walk around video of my 9

Very Active Member

Default Quick walk around video of my 9

Took a little video of the 9 after waking her from the winter slumber.
    Winter mods were galfer wave rotors, finally put my swing arm tool bag on, painted the shifter and brake pedal and other odds n ends , 1" risers.
    Feels more comfy with the risers but I need a fll day out to see if they make a difference
    The video was shot in 4k so it looks alot better if you adjustability to the highest setting you can run smoothly.

https://youtu.be/eAcMAh9Fjm4

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Psycho, your bike looks GREAT, and sounds absolutely AWESOME Bro. You’ve added some very tasteful mods that have definitely taken your bike to another level, both from an esthetic and performance perspective.

GREAT JOB BRO!!! 😁😎🏆🏆🏆😎😁

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Psycho, your bike looks GREAT, and sounds absolutely AWESOME Bro. You’ve added some very tasteful mods that have definitely taken your bike to another level, both from an esthetic and performance perspective.

GREAT JOB BRO!!! 😁😎🏆🏆🏆😎😁
    Thanks Judah! Appreciate it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

great looking bike man. took my 9 out for the 1st time yesterday. noticed you have an intake and exhaust. you get your ecu flashed, or you runnin a tuner?

Quote Originally Posted by RFM1009 View Post
    great looking bike man. took my 9 out for the 1st time yesterday. noticed you have an intake and exhaust. you get your ecu flashed, or you runnin a tuner?
    1st time this season that is...

Yes great lookin bike “Looks Mean” looks like it’s suppose to!!
    I always liked the grey one s
    Matts bike furturR s is another great looking bike
    and he has the best air filters also.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	460FCF44-E34E-4E2C-96A9-0589026AF90C.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	387214
    not to mention it runs so strong

Very Active Member

Thanks , running a flash from BCS.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post
    Yes great lookin bike “Looks Mean” looks like it’s suppose to!!
    I always liked the grey one s
    Matts bike furturR s is another great looking bike
    and he has the best air filters also.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	460FCF44-E34E-4E2C-96A9-0589026AF90C.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	387214
    not to mention it runs so strong
    Yeh his bike is nasty, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1000R View Post
    Winter mods were galfer wave rotors, finally put my swing arm tool bag on, painted the shifter and brake pedal and other odds n ends , 1" risers.
    Feels more comfy with the risers but I need a fll day out to see if they make a difference
    The video was shot in 4k so it looks alot better if you adjustability to the highest setting you can run smoothly.

I just watched the video of your bike, that is an awesome looking machine. I just bought a M109R and I happened to have the same setup, velocity pro short and the Q5 air intake. I will pick it up later this week hopefully if we are allowed to leave our homes. By the way, I thought that it would sound a lot louder than it did on the video. My question to you is can you do anything to that exhaust to make it sound louder, a lot louder. I like to be heard, I feel safer on my bike when I can be heard. Thanks
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I just watched the video of your bike, that is an awesome looking machine. I just bought a M109R and I happened to have the same setup, velocity pro short and the Q5 air intake. I will pick it up later this week hopefully if we are allowed to leave our homes. By the way, I thought that it would sound a lot louder than it did on the video. My question to you is can you do anything to that exhaust to make it sound louder, a lot louder. I like to be heard, I feel safer on my bike when I can be heard. Thanks
    Mrbarros, I also have that same Velocity Pro Race Short exhaust on my 08’ M109R, in combination with a set of Thunder Tornado Intakes. Don’t be at all concerned about the loudness of the exhaust in Psycho’s video. I can, and I’m sure he will also, assure you that particular exhaust is much louder and distinct in person. Most, if not all cameras are unable to capture the true sound and affects of a motorcycle exhaust roar. I took my bike out for a short little “exercise spin” yesterday late afternoon, and that beast was roaring and growling at a high level from start to finish. I’ve also had a few people follow me to a stop, just to tell me how much the love the sound of the exhaust...NO JOKE!!! What’s more is, after a short while of riding with the exhaust, it tends to break-in if you will...and you’ll notice it sounds noticeably louder than before.

You’ll likely have no worries with that exhaust Bro!!!

Very Active Member

Mrbarros, I also have that same Velocity Pro Race Short exhaust on my 08’ M109R, in combination with a set of Thunder Tornado Intakes. Don’t be at all concerned about the loudness of the exhaust in Psycho’s video. I can, and I’m sure he will also, assure you that particular exhaust is much louder and distinct in person. Most, if not all cameras are unable to capture the true sound and affects of a motorcycle exhaust roar. I took my bike out for a short little “exercise spin” yesterday late afternoon, and that beast was roaring and growling at a high level from start to finish. I’ve also had a few people follow me to a stop, just to tell me how much the love the sound of the exhaust...NO JOKE!!! What’s more is, after a short while of riding with the exhaust, it tends to break-in if you will...and you’ll notice it sounds noticeably louder than before.

Like Judah said, the video does not do it justice. Unless you can listen on a sound system with subwoofers to hear the bass. It's alot louder in person, and like Judah also said, it gets louder with age. I had to start wearing ear plugs last season because the thump and frequency of the exhaust really started hurting my ears. It's fairly tame at idle but once you crack it open its loud.

JUDAH-9, Thank you for reassuring me on that issue, my greatest fear is that the combination I chose would make my bike sound like a pussy cat instead of a lion. I will never hear the end of it from my buddies. I will find out soon! Thanks again.
    Manny

Like Judah said, the video does not do it justice. Unless you can listen on a sound system with subwoofers to hear the bass. It's alot louder in person, and like Judah also said, it gets louder with age. I had to start wearing ear plugs last season because the thump and frequency of the exhaust really started hurting my ears. It's fairly tame at idle but once you crack it open its loud.
    Right on Psycho1000R, Keep it coming I love it when I hear that. I want my ears to hurt, the more it hurts the happier I am. I will be keeping plenty of Tylenol around. Looking forward to cranking it up as I watch the pedestrians covering their ears with both hands.
    Manny

JUDAH-9, Thank you for reassuring me on that issue, my greatest fear is that the combination I chose would make my bike sound like a pussy cat instead of a lion. I will never hear the end of it from my buddies. I will find out soon! Thanks again.
    You’re welcomed Bro. What you have is something I would liken more to a full grown Lion, rather than a mere pussycat. Unless all of your buddies have some monster bikes, with HELLA exhausts, their likely going to be envious of you the moment they here your 9 open up and let out that beastly roar from that bad a$$ exhaust you now have. The Suzuki V-Twin motor in our 9s are an AMAZING combination with the Hard Krome series exhausts. I have the SHORTY SIDEBURNER exhaust on my 07’ model, and it’s a terror as well. In fact, it is louder than my VPR SHORT RACE that’s on my 08’ model, but I like the overall sound/note of the VPR SHORT RACE exhaust best.

Inspiring!!
    With the same colour bike, it feels weird to be working towards almost everything you've already done first. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Inspiring!!
    With the same colour bike, it feels weird to be working towards almost everything you've already done first. Lol.
    Yeah NSF, but it becomes an altogether different thing, with a heck-of-a-lot more meaning and impact on the owner, once everything is complete, upgraded, or installed on your own bike. Unless someone is doing some truly one-off customizing to their 9, many of our 9s are going to mimic one another, as we have many of the same aftermarket and upgraded mods on them. As it is in professional sports, our Forum is a copycat environment, primarily because we openly share all of our ideas, improvements, and enhancements with one another. There’s only so many upgrade products out there that absolutely look great on specific color-schemed M109Rs...as with your bike. The good thing about it all is...most of us don’t live near another Forum member with the exact same M109R. No matter what...you’re still going to have a bada$$, head turning, showstopper of a bike!!!
    😎😁👍🏽👍🏆🏆✋✋🏽😁😎

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Inspiring!!
    [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/doorag.gif[/IMG]
    Its all good! Glad my bike is helping you visualize your goals! Be sweet to see my twin prowling the streets!!

You’re welcomed Bro. What you have is something I would liken more to a full grown Lion, rather than a mere pussycat. Unless all of your buddies have some monster bikes, with HELLA exhausts, their likely going to be envious of you the moment they here your 9 open up and let out that beastly roar from that bad a$$ exhaust you now have. The Suzuki V-Twin motor in our 9s are an AMAZING combination with the Hard Krome series exhausts. I have the SHORTY SIDEBURNER exhaust on my 07’ model, and it’s a terror as well. In fact, it is louder than my VPR SHORT RACE that’s on my 08’ model, but I like the overall sound/note of the VPR SHORT RACE exhaust best.
    My buddy has the long Sideburner Exhaust and he always shows it off, do you think my VPR Short Race will compete with his long?
    Manny

My buddy has the long Sideburner Exhaust and he always shows it off, do you think my VPR Short Race will compete with his long?
    Without a doubt, it will definitely compete with Full Length SideBurner.

just ordered new exhaust for mine. the Freedom 2 into 1 turnout in black as i have a BOSS. best exhaust I've heard for the 9. supposedly it takes 4 weeks. so the wait begins...

just ordered new exhaust for mine. the Freedom 2 into 1 turnout in black as i have a BOSS. best exhaust I've heard for the 9. supposedly it takes 4 weeks. so the wait begins...
    RFM, please be sure to do an exhaust sound video, once you get it installed, and post it to the Forum. I would love to hear how it sounds on the M109R. I have a practically new Full Length Black Ceramic Coated Hard Krome Velocity Pro exhaust I’m going to sell, so I can purchase the Freedom Combat Shorty exhaust with a unique color/finish combination to it. I’ve been searching for a while, trying to find a video depicting the exhaust sound of the Freedom Combat Shorty, when installed on an M109R. I have had absolutely no luck up to this point.

RFM, please be sure to do an exhaust sound video, once you get it installed, and post it to the Forum. I would love to hear how it sounds on the M109R. I have a practically new Full Length Black Ceramic Coated Hard Krome Velocity Pro exhaust I’m going to sell, so I can purchase the Freedom Combat Shorty exhaust with a unique color/finish combination to it. I’ve been searching for a while, trying to find a video depicting the exhaust sound of the Freedom Combat Shorty, when installed on an M109R. I have had absolutely no luck up to this point.

will do. prob sound like crap on a cell phone. i usually pair it to my surround sound to get an accurate depiction. my 2nd choice was the Hard Krome VPR shorty.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    I agree with Judah and Psycho that the video does no justice. I rode behind Weems109 and Phatm9 at MAM2018. They both had VP short race exhausts and sounded so good until I almost wanted one. The lion roar was present even riding in triple digits.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I agree with Judah and Psycho that the video does no justice. I rode behind Weems109 and Phatm9 at MAM2018. They both had VP short race exhausts and sounded so good until I almost wanted one. The lion roar was present even riding in triple digits.
    Wow BM, that had to have been some kind of experience, listening to the roar of two lions, let alone one. I can only imagine how sweet that sound must have been. What’s more is how impressed I am that you had the discipline NOT TO PULL THE TRIGGER on purchasing the VPR RACE SHORT exhaust immediately upon returning home.😁😁😁

Would you be interested in a black Ceramic Coat Full Length Velocity Pro exhaust? I have one in excellent condition, with slightly over 500 miles on it. If you’re interested, please PM me.

Very Active Member

Is this the really pricey one? Im dying to hear this thing. Looks pretty sweeet but that price...

Is this the really pricey one? Im dying to hear this thing. Looks pretty sweeet but that price...

yeah. runs about $1300, plus gaskets and the ESE.

RFM, I’d you don’t mind me asking, where and when did you hear the exhaust you just purchased installed on an M019R? I couldn’t find a video of it anywhere. In trying to find a sound video with this particular exhaust installed on an M109R, I contacted the Freedom Manufacturing Co. themselves, and spoke with a CSR and an Engineer/Technical Support Rep. who said he was deeply involved in the design and development of the 2 into 1 Combat Turnout and Shorty Combat. Both of them told me that they didn’t have a sound video, and nor were they going to produce one. The Engineer also informed that the exhaust was initially made for a number of the Harley series bikes. However, they were contacted by several M109R aftermarket parts distributors who strongly requested that Freedom Manufacturing Co. design the exact same exhaust style for the M109R. He said, they had no intentions of ever making a sound video for that exhaust installed on an M109R, because the Suzuki bikes were never a segment they were interested In targeting. Harley was their cash cow for this exhaust.