COVID-19 Talk
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Talk

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Default COVID-19 Talk

I am putting this thread in the "General" section just because the "Off Topic Experiment" does not show up in the "Recent Treads" or "What's New".
    So I doubt anyone would even see it if I placed it in the "Off Topic Experiment"
    Honestly not even sure if anyone here will care for this thread or if some will get bent out of shape about it since it is not Motorcycle related.
    I just thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to talk on the subject and possibly share ideas and links that may be helpful.
    If the mods disagree then they can simply take it down......won't break my heart any.

Lets not turn this into an argument thread though, I put it up with intent that it be a positive.....not negative.
    If you have questions or just want to talk about whats going on......feel free to do so.

If you have helpful ideas or links to places that may have hard to get items....feel free to post them up so others in this group may benefit from them as well.

A bit about myself and how this virus is effecting me and mine.

I am on a ship in the middle of the Bering Sea at the moment so I may be a bit out of touch compared to some of you.
    But I am taking this event seriously.
    Just today we had to stop production and take a crew member into St. Paul so they could get off the vessel because they were ill.
    Did they have the virus......who knows. We do not have test kits and neither does anyone in St. Paul. All we can do is hope for the best or we will be stuck on this ship for quite a while.

My wife cares for her elderly (very sick) grandmother, so she cannot contract this virus or there would be no one to care for her grandmother. (or worse she would give the virus to her grandmother and that would have dire consequences)
    So my family is all locked down at home and quarantined for the foreseeable future. They are good and I plan for them to say that way.
    I saw this coming pretty early on and had them stock up and get prepared with adequate supplies to last for quite a while.
    I know others who did not take this approach and are now starting to wish they did.

Stay safe out there.
    BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for sharing. Best wishes to all. We'll get through this. Media; hungry. Get out on two wheels!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Brakeaway Throttle Lock / Rivco Passenger Boards / K&N Air

Yea... Im in Chicago. We are officially locked down starting tomorrow. We are both teachers so we are out for awhile. We stocked up quick. It's crazy, stay safe everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2006 Blurple M109R

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default OZONE GENERATORS

So I will get the ball rolling with a way you can disinfection large areas of your home, office or really any space from floor to ceiling including any items that are in the space.

This can be done with Ozone Generators, which are proven to kill off virus as well as many other thing. (Bacteria, Mold, or any other living organism for that matter)

Before I started working on these ships I owed a Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Electrical Contracting business.
    Part of this business dealt with duct cleaning and mold remediation as well as providing ways to disinfect and keep the air systems viable during use.

We used Ozone Generators in areas that had a heavy mold build up or bad odor, before cleaning and sanitizing with other equipment.
    These Ozone Generators worked very well.

I had my wife seal off one room in a home we have under construction. (no one is living in this home right now)
    We have a ozone generator set up in that room and she is using this room to quarantine anything coming in from the outside world. (Groceries, Mail, Amazon packages, etc)
    Everything that comes in that day is put into this room using gloves and sterile techniques and then the ozone generator is started and left to run for 8 - 12 hours.
    Over kill......maybe, but I am not taking any chances with my family.

She also runs a ozone unit in the house we are living in every few days now, just to help keep everything disinfected.
    Since Ozone is a gas it easily disinfects things like draps, sofas, clothing and other soft areas that are normally very difficult to do.
    Best thing is you just "set it and forget it".....the ozone gas penetrates everything all in one shot.

Ozone Generators can be purchased for as little as $100 for a small unit that will disinfection smaller spaces and run up to well over $1000 for larger commercial type units.

If you think this is something you may be interested in getting for yourself here a few things to remember.

1) You or any pets should not be in the house when the ozone generator is running. (Anything living including house plants should be outside)
    2) Depending on the size of the unit you buy, you may have to do small areas at a time and move the ozone generator to different zones in your home to get a good deep clean.
    (I have a commercial unit so I can do an average size home in 2 zones, but a larger 2 story home may need to be done in 4 zones if only one ozone unit is being used at a time)
    3) When you reenter the home after running a ozone generator you should open the windows in the area that has been treated for about an hour so the chlorine like smell will dissipate.

Well that's my Corona Virus tip for the day.
    If you found this interesting and think you may also want to use Ozone to help disinfect your home, read up on the subject and look online to see pricing and availability of different Ozone Generators.
    Remember size of the Ozone Generator will determine how many sq ft can effectively be dissected at a time. A very, very small unit may only be able to handle a singe bedroom at a time.

Stay safe out there.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:40 PM.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada (1 hour north of Toronto)
    Personally - no major life changes. Publicly - MAJOR changes, everywhere, just like most of the rest of the world! Everything is shut down or reduced hours or highly restricted. For example, my wife had to wait about 30 minutes today to get medicine from the vet for our pet: Call ahead only, no walk-ins, pay using credit card over the phone, huge "socially distanced" lineup to the side door of the facility, when you are confirmed, they leave the medicine on the step and you collect it. NEXT! So... ya... that's a bit different than normal.

The dumbest thing - and I mean DUMB. EST. Is the 'Prepper panic purchasers. Unbelievable. I mean seriously - #1: This AIN'T the "actual" Zombie Apocalypse, and #2: If it were... people would mostly all be (un)dead already because apparently paper products was the first thing they thought to stockpile. For example - we *legitimately* needed toilet paper, as we didn't hoard it away from everyone else and weren't out but running low (hey... life goes on, right? lol) and the wife was getting a bit nervous, having tried and failed several times to normal-buy one pack of TP. I went with her one of those times (to 3 stores) and the pic attached as I simply couldn't believe it. Every store was the same. Anyway, she finally got some by waiting at opening on her way to work one morning and managed to score a small 12-pack. Mmeh. No biggie. That's why God made sure underwear was reversible. Bwahahaha.

Other than that, the drive to work has been FANTASTIC - virtually zero cars on the road. I work in a semi-isolated capacity also, and so I still go to work. For that matter... I feel quite lucky - I can stretch a roll of TP a hell of a lot longer than I can stretch a missing paycheque!

Stay safe, everyone.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	COVID_20200317.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	387200

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    So I will get the ball rolling with a way you can disinfection large areas of your home, office or really any space from floor to ceiling including any items that are in the space.

This can be done with Ozone Generators, which are proven to kill off virus as well as many other thing. (Bacteria, Mold, or any other living organism for that matter) ...BCS
    Never heard of this technique before, and sparked by your post, just read a bunch of stuff about it. Pretty clever idea.

Very Active Member

Yeah I found myself researching those too. Corona or no corona, sounds handy for my basement that smells musty sometimes.

Very Active Member

As far as the virus.....Like most of the world, it’s become a major disruption for me

1) work- The entire industry I’m in thrives on crowds, travel, convention centers, etc.. This has decimated our industry. God knows where it’s going to lead.

2) health- I’m a generally healthy guy, but I have some underlying pulmonary issues that put me in a high risk category with this damn virus. Needless to say, I’m not going out in public unless I have to. And for those that don’t take it seriously, i can tell you if you were in my shoes you definitely would.

3) kids.......it’s been a week, and if I hear I’m bored one more time I’m gonna freak out!! It’s extremely difficult to keep a 9 yr old entertained all day, and tell a 16yr old he can’t go hang with his friends.

But hey, I’m trying to find the silver lining in this stuff.

I now have plenty of time to finally finish my bike build. Been dragging my feet on the last list of small things to tie up.

Then I’ll have plenty of time to ride, unless they lock down the whole state....which is probably coming

Lastly, and most importantly, it gives us all the opportunity to reset and re evaluate things in life. Maybe re define our daily routines in a positive way. Be forced into slowing down and spending more quality time with the family, that kind of stuff.

Thinking positive!

Stay safe all....
    Last edited by Bigpapa; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    Yeah I found myself researching those too. Corona or no corona, sounds handy for my basement that smells musty sometimes.
    Yes for sure, Ozone is great to refresh just about any space.
    We do our homes at least once a year in the spring under normal circumstances.

Works great on vehicles also, but for autos you don't put the Ozone Generator inside the vehicle.
    You put it on a table or on top a ladder outside the vehicle and fasten a piece of metal dryer duct to the front of the ozone generator, then put the other end of the duct through a window of the vehicle and roll it up till the duct is held firmly in place.
    Then seal the open area of window around the duct with a bit of cardboard and tape and let her rip.

My grandfather left the window in my mother's car rolled down one day when they went into a store.
    Needless to say, summer time in Florida.....it rained.
    This was a mess and the car began to smell very bad after that.
    A couple of Ozone treatments and it was all good again.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:22 PM.

Very Active Member

I have a Hummer H2 that I have been chasing a water leak in for years. Actually numerous leaks, I find one and fix it and another one pops up. This damn thing has been driving me nuts. I pulled the carpet completely out to dry a few times. I might have to try one on the H2 for sure. It won’t mess up any electronics or anything right?

And it sounds promising in my boat too for that matter

The dumbest thing - and I mean DUMB. EST. Is the 'Prepper panic purchasers. Unbelievable. I mean seriously - #1: This AIN'T the "actual" Zombie Apocalypse, and #2: If it were... people would mostly all be (un)dead already because apparently paper products was the first thing they thought to stockpile. For example - we *legitimately* needed toilet paper, as we didn't hoard it away from everyone else and weren't out but running low (hey... life goes on, right? lol) and the wife was getting a bit nervous, having tried and failed several times to normal-buy one pack of TP. I went with her one of those times (to 3 stores) and the pic attached as I simply couldn't believe it. Every store was the same. Anyway, she finally got some by waiting at opening on her way to work one morning and managed to score a small 12-pack. Mmeh. No biggie. That's why God made sure underwear was reversible. Bwahahaha.

Name:	COVID_20200317.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	387200
    [/QUOTE]

Just to play devils advocate here

The prepper mentality is not really all that dumb if you think about it.
    Whats the best way not to contract this (Or any) virus?.......stay away from other people.
    That is about the only sure fire way to keep from contracting it.
    Those that are well stocked like my family can now stay home for 60 - 90 days and not have to come in contact with another person.
    I know I could not have my wife out right now going to the store every few days to get essentials.....she simply cannot due to her grandmothers condition.

We did not raid the stores in one big panic buy though.
    I saw this coming and had the wife start early adding to our normal stocks.
    And I ordered cases of TP from a industrial/commercial supply vendor to keep from buying multiple standard packs at the store.
    Same for hand sanitizer, it was impossible to fine in the stores or on Amazon. So I ordered cases of the big bags that go into industrial/commercial wall mounted dispensers and we refill smaller bottles from these.
    Of course I have extended family outside my home that we are sharing these things with also. They cannot come in my home right now due to my wife and her grandmother needing to be totally quarantined but as they need things we leave them outside and they drive by and pick them up.

Its all how you look at it.
    I agree this is not the end of days, but I am a firm believer in being prepared for just about anything and my go to saying in any type of event is "Its better to have than to have not"

When we do come across a much more serious event, those who have will do much better than those who have not......for sure.
    We stay pretty well stocked up on most things normally. Sort of second nature for us living in Florida near the coast where we are constantly threatened by hurricanes every year.

What I found most shocking is you cannot buy one singe box of ammunition where I live......its all gone. LOL
    Not a big deal, I have plenty.
    But I looked online today to maybe pick up anther 1000 rounds or so and could not even find enough to fill one mag........Now that is true prepper buying at its finest.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    I have a Hummer H2 that I have been chasing a water leak in for years. Actually numerous leaks, I find one and fix it and another one pops up. This damn thing has been driving me nuts. I pulled the carpet completely out to dry a few times. I might have to try one on the H2 for sure. It won’t mess up any electronics or anything right?

And it sounds promising in my boat too for that matter
    I have never had any adverse effects from using ozone.
    I am sure too much of anything is not good......everything in moderation.
    For a small area like a vehicle you don't need to let it run for 8 - 12 hours at a time.
    A couple of 2 or 3 hour treatments a week apart will work wonders on a tightly sealed small area like that.

I have a suburban that developed a lead in the cab also.
    When it rains I would get a bit of water built up on the drivers floorboard.
    Tried to find the leak a few times but never did locate it.
    I bought the wife a new car and she pretty much just stopped driving the suburban after that.
    Ended up just covering the truck with 2 heavy car covers and its pretty much sat for the past 7 years with the exception of cranking it up and driving around once a month to keep it running and moving.
    (Gave the car I bought the wife to our daughter a couple of years ago for a graduation present and now the wife has commandeered my pickup......at least I still have my motorcycle)

My youngest son will be turning 16 in a couple of months and I told him he can have the suburban and we will find the leak and fix it up. (He is already calling it "The shaggin wagon") LOL

I put a brand new 5.3 liter crate motor in it not long before it started leaking that probably only has 2000 miles on it.
    But it still needs frame bushings all the way around, front end rebuilt, 4 new tires, brakes and the A/C system repaired.
    Once I get this house that is under construction finished it will be a good project for my son and I to work on together.

We ozone this suburban a couple of times of year as well while it has been sitting, just to keep it fresh and prevent mold from growing in it since its covered in a humid climate.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:48 PM.

I hope that your crew mate does not have it. Your lucky as your ship was stocked with TP. Im down to 7 roles left. The isles have been empty in 6 stores so far and one store had a line just to get in over the past week. Traveling is getting tougher as some Campgrounds are closing up, state and Federal parks are closing. So you have full time RVers being displaced. So the Campgrounds that are open are VERY full. Looks like we will be hunkering down somewhere now. Keep safe out there.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

The isles have been empty in 6 stores so far and one store had a line just to get in over the past week.
    And this is the kicker.......you have to wait in lines and deal with crowds to get anything.

Where will you end up contracting the virus from? ........being in close proximity to others.
    So this scenario is not ideal, but when you are out of basic necessities you have to either improvise or venture out.
    (Yes I know...this is a Captain Obvious statement)

My parents are also retired and living in an RV.
    Luckily they are in a park right now and have the lot paid up for a full year.
    But they also are not able to stock much due to limited space.
    I can hold more in a large ice chest than they can in the small refrigerator in their RV.
    So a good portion what we have stocked will be used to support them as well.

I think you are on the west coast now. Where are you at?

If you were near Florida I would let you set up on one of my properties.
    The county would not like it much but I would tell them to take a long walk off a short pier at this moment in time.

We got word back from St. Paul and they seem to think the crew member we let off does not have the virus.
    But they will get tested once they reach Anchorage just to be sure.
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:22 AM.

Default A VERY VIABLE/AFFECTIVE GERM AND VIRUS SOLUTION

Hello everyone, when I saw BCS’s post I was quickly reminded that I may very well be able to help many of the members here through my brother-in-law’s Green Technology Air and Surface Pollution/Virus Fighting Purification Units. I contacted him today, and asked if he would email me information that I could pass on to the members of the great Forum. This guy is totally and infinitely committed to every unit he sells, and to every customer he sells to. He has industrial, office/home, table top, and even individual/on your person units to facilitate every need possible, regardless of your location. These units are phenomenal to say the least. My wife and I have had three of them in our home here in Arlington, TX. since October, 2019, and the air quality and surface sanitation throughout our home has been absolutely amazing and unbelievable. These units are worth their weight in gold, as they are designed to operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Please take the time to carefully and thoroughly read through all the information he has provided below. I think you’ll be astounded by what you’ll learn. He had emailed the information to me a short while ago, which included seven attachments. But, I was unable to get those attachments to populate in this response. However, you’ll see a link to his website below, which is loaded with very detailed, informative, and factual content. He also stated he encourages everyone to call and speak with him, concerning any questions one may have. His contact number is available below. Additionally, he asked me to inform everyone that if you contact him directly, versus ordering through his website, he will discount each home/office unit by $100 dollars...no questions asked.

I hope this solution will be helpful to many of you out there, and this is a very trying and stressful time for us all.

BELOW IS THE INFORMATION HE SENT ME TO FORWARD TO YOU ALL.

Friends:

God Bless you and I Hope You are well today.

As part of my 12 years of dedicated efforts to educate on the importance of sharing successful solutions for Protecting oneself and effectively fighting Germs and Viruses,

Please read the following excerpt from article in BBC News and examine my attachments.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Coronavirus: US is failing on testing, says Fauci, BBC News article 3/12/2020

The testing system for coronavirus in the US is currently failing, a top health official has admitted.
    "The system is not really geared to what we need right now... let's admit it," said Dr Anthony Fauci from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
    Authorities in the US have come under fire for carrying out far fewer tests than many other affected countries.
    There are currently more than 1,300 confirmed cases of the virus in the US.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

My Friends, Please Let me Ask You this:

How important is Protecting Yourself & Your Loved Ones?

I ask you to Please Review attachment below and See the Lab Tested & Proven Alternative for affordably and effectively Fighting Germs and Viruses and much much more. We are solid Difference makers in this fight.

For more information, please visit my website at www.refreshgreen1.com

Please Feel Free to Contact me with Any Questions.

Thanks

Darwin Campbell, Chief of Field Operations
    Green Technology Specialists
    [email protected]

832-728-9503

Last edited by JUDAH-9; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:15 AM.

Very Active Member

Default My experience...

Ladies and gentlemen. I know there is A LOT of misinformation out there. My wife and I own a residential and commercial cleaning business; one of our residential clients (my wife handles the residential part) has tested positive for corona virus. My wife has been feeling "off" and coughing, but does not have a fever (she was refused a test). I have been away from home for a week because I suffered a lung injury in the Army and my "normal" lung function is 50%. I WILL NOT survive if I become infected with this virus. Thankfully, we own more than one residence so I don't have to go to a hotel. Bottom line is, be careful, "try" to get tested if you have symptoms because you are prone to give it to someone else. Personally, I am not panicking, but am being extra cautious, My wife and I agreed to not see each other for at least a month until all this settles down. BTW, even with my condition and her symptoms she is being a refused a test...Jacksonville, Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS_man View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen. I know there is A LOT of misinformation out there. My wife and I own a residential and commercial cleaning business; one of our residential clients (my wife handles the residential part) has tested positive for corona virus. My wife has been feeling "off" and coughing, but does not have a fever (she was refused a test). I have been away from home for a week because I suffered a lung injury in the Army and my "normal" lung function is 50%. I WILL NOT survive if I become infected with this virus. Thankfully, we own more than one residence so I don't have to go to a hotel. Bottom line is, be careful, "try" to get tested if you have symptoms because you are prone to give it to someone else. Personally, I am not panicking, but am being extra cautious, My wife and I agreed to not see each other for at least a month until all this settles down. BTW, even with my condition and her symptoms she is being a refused a test...Jacksonville, Fl.
    Better to be safe than sorry. Best wishes to both of you.

Every forum I am a member of is having this discussion. I have not changed one thing so far, even ate at a restaurant Thursday night, and will do so again tonight. Oklahoma City has closed up, but Midwest City is still open for business. Hasn't been a case here yet, so no one is in a panic about it. I saw the need to stock up on some things after seeing the crap that's happening in CA and NY. Started stocking up on tp, food and bottled water about three weeks ago. Now, when you go in a store, there's limits on how much of anything you can buy to prevent people from hoarding.

I'm 58, but healthy and no pre-existing conditions. So I'm not worried about it. Yet. Watching though. Very carefully, wabbit.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Whelp, here I am in Windsor Ontario... First confirmed case of covid-19 last night. Couple days ago, 2 confirmed cases in Chatham... where I happen to commute to work. I'm not to worried, being 47 with no health issues and a strong immune system. But I still take precautions of washing my hands way more than normal and keeping my distance from others.
    The real kicker that makes me a little nervous.... my wife is a registered nurse at the main Hospital in Windsor.
    My "grumble" is these idiotic hoarders... wife came home last night with a headache, so i went to pharmacy to get some tylenol..... well apparently that **** goes great with toilet paper and hand sanitizer. I eventually was able to get what i needed, just pisses me off with the mentality of people watching to many end of the world movies.

Ok.. i'm done venting. Can't wait for warmer weather to ride :)
    Be safe every one !!

PS.. Its my family members health I'm worried for. I can be a carrier and have no symptoms or get sick... So it would be selfish and ignorant of me to only think of myself and not have a concern for others......
    Last edited by Loki; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:32 PM.

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, k&n filters, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light and turn signals, led knight rider strip.

And this is the kicker.......you have to wait in lines and deal with crowds to get anything.

Where will you end up contracting the virus from? ........being in close proximity to others.
    So this scenario is not ideal, but when you are out of basic necessities you have to either improvise or venture out.
    (Yes I know...this is a Captain Obvious statement)

My parents are also retired and living in an RV.
    Luckily they are in a park right now and have the lot paid up for a full year.
    But they also are not able to stock much due to limited space.
    I can hold more in a large ice chest than they can in the small refrigerator in their RV.
    So a good portion what we have stocked will be used to support them as well.

I think you are on the west coast now. Where are you at?

If you were near Florida I would let you set up on one of my properties.
    The county would not like it much but I would tell them to take a long walk off a short pier at this moment in time.

We got word back from St. Paul and they seem to think the crew member we let off does not have the virus.
    But they will get tested once they reach Anchorage just to be sure.
    Thanks for the invite. I hope that your parents can stay where they are. We are still in California, but will be in Nevada tomorrow. About 60 miles from Vegas. Trying to stay in small town setting. I hear supplies are scarce out there also. You now have certain state parks, national parks, counties and states telling campgrounds to close, mandatory. Which is very tough as it is displacing a lot of full time RVers. And I personally think this is just the beginning of it. I might have to reach out to my 9 brothers to see if they have a large driveway and power that I can use. Be safe out there.

Name:	C8B3929E-6E6E-446B-A0FF-9F1AA5A1C7EF.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	387202
    CLICK HERE

Time will soon tell if those that are "hording" (or prepping as I prefer to call it) are dumb, stupid and idiotic........or sly and smart as a fox.

I am putting my money on the later.

Over 3000 new confirmed cases in the USA today alone and they are predicting that number to double every three days exponentially for the next 1.5 to 2 months.
    Things may get very real, very fast.
    The only reason the numbers are not higher now is because of the limited number of test kits available.

Found out today they are bringing the Navy Hospital Ship Mercy to Port of Seattle and the Navy Hospital ship Comfort to New York.
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:46 AM.

For those of you that have been put out of work due to this virus outbreak, you may find this to be a great help to you.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/81834...mortgage-break
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:56 AM.

Today's confirmed virus totals in the USA.

We passed Spain today and by most estimates we will surpass Italy in the next 5 - 7 days and China in the next 2 weeks. (I hope this does not happen, but time will tell)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	COV 0321.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	387204
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:58 AM.

Gun sales are at record highs also.
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Gun sales are at record highs also.
    If the place you buy a new gun at right now is anything like where I purchase my firearms & ammo .......all you would be able to do is use a rifle as a club and a pistol as a rock to throw at someone.

They still have lots of firearms available, but they are totally out of ammo. (For a new gun owner this might be a slight problem. I am an ammo "hoarder" so this shortage is not effecting me personally)

Here is the link to RKGuns (RK stands for Rural King, they have some of the best deals on firearms and have a store just across the highway from my neighborhood.

https://www.rkguns.com/ammo/5-56.html

Press the "Ammo" tab at the top of this link and have a look.
    All that is left is a few 20 gauge shells.....and they are bird shot. (Just going to piss someone off if you shoot them with that)

BCS

Over 3000 more confirmed cases in the USA in the past 12 hours.

Name:	COV 0322-1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	387212

Over 3000 more confirmed cases in the USA in the past 12 hours.
    Yep that puts the death rate at 1.2%

I think it will get worse before it gets better. I have a bad feeling that its going to spike up when everyone goes back to their work place or school. Then it will spread like wild fires. I hope I am wrong. My employeer is so stupid the make us still come into work versus telework. Especially when when the work is 99% internet/email based.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Yep that puts the death rate at 1.2%

I think it will get worse before it gets better. I have a bad feeling that its going to spike up when everyone goes back to their work place or school. Then it will spread like wild fires. I hope I am wrong. My employeer is so stupid the make us still come into work versus telework. Especially when when the work is 99% internet/email based.

Death rate is actually lower than that because in reality there are a lot more people infected than are being reported.
    Confirmed cases are only the ones that have been tested.
    1% does not sound like much.....as long as you or anyone you know are not part of that 1%
    And lets not forget there are a lot of people lying hospitals on ventilators right not who are in critical condition.

If the stats I am looking at are correct we now have 400 deaths in the USA but 25% of those were in the past 24 - 36 hours.......so things are escalating quite rapidly.
    I am watching a couple of different sources and the numbers you see depend on when each source was last updated.

Another source I am watching is now showing 38,757 confirmed cases in the USA.
    If this is true then we have also seen a 33% increase in confirmed cases in just the last 24 - 36 hours.
    We will see if the first source post similar numbers when it is next updated.
    I will continue to post the top 10 list a couple of times a day as it gets updated so we can track how this progressing in each country.

Edit......I added numbers from the 2nd source also.
    We can monitor to see both sources are in lock step as time goes by.
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:41 PM.

Although I am not on par with the New York Times and would normally never endorse them for anything, they do have a very good visual representation that they update each day of the infected areas in the USA.

Below are screen shots from today and also the link to this site if anyone is interested.
    You probably will be asked to register (for free) in order to access this map though.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

Name:	COV Map1 0322.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	387220 Click image for larger version.

Name:	COV Map2 0322.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	387222

Death rate is actually lower than that because in reality there are a lot more people infected than are being reported.
    Confirmed cases are only the ones that have been tested.
    1% does not sound like much.....as long as you or anyone you know are not part of that 1%
    And lets not forget there are a lot of people lying hospitals on ventilators right not who are in critical condition.

If the stats I am looking at are correct we now have 400 deaths in the USA but 25% of those were in the past 24 - 36 hours.......so things are escalating quite rapidly.
    I am watching a couple of different sources and the numbers you see depend on when each source was last updated.

Another source I am watching is now showing 38,757 confirmed cases in the USA.
    If this is true then we have also seen a 33% increase in confirmed cases in just the last 24 - 36 hours.
    We will see if the first source post similar numbers when it is next updated.
    I will continue to post the top 10 list a couple of times a day as it gets updated so we can track how this progressing in each country.

Edit......I added numbers from the 2nd source also.
    We can monitor to see both sources are in lock step as time goes by.
    I absolutely agree the number will go up. I bet there are hundreds of cases not even reported. And if they actually do get reported it will be in the next week.