COVID-19 Talk - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Talk

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    We''l see on the packages. Maybe they are wearing gloves now? Who knows.

Gloves would only help keep the person wearing them from touching it with their fingers, if they rub their eye or mouth or nose with the glove on they could still contract the virus if it was on the glove.

And you can still pick the virus up on the gloves while handing one thing that is contaminated and transfer it to other objects you touch with the same gloves.

One amazon worker could theoretically infect a very large amount of packages in a very short time......same goes for the post man, UPS and Fedex.

Sounds insane but you have to use sterile technique just like in a operating room to be near 100% sure you are not spreading it from one surface to another.

I realize everyone is not going to go through the hassle and extreme measure we are, I am just trying to share our situation and maybe help others understand what they can be doing better along the way should they choose to do so.

Not everyone in my family is in a bubble either.
    My oldest son (that does not live with us) is still going to work everyday and to the store and doing what he has to in order to get by.......but I remind him to be as careful as he can everyday also.
    We talk on the phone and message and he swings by all the time to check on things for me without coming up to the house......but that is just the way its got to be for a while unfortunately.

My parents are in their 70's and are not isolated at my house. I try to stay on them and tell them to stay put at their place and not socialize.....but they are grown adults and have to make their own decisions.

Hell when I get off this ship I will be right smack dab in the middle of Seattle (where it all started) and have to make my way to the airport and fly home.
    Once I get home I will have to quarantine away from everyone for 2 weeks to make sure I did not pick it up on my travels home.
    I will basically be camping in order to steer clear of my family and anyplace they may go or anything they may touch.
    That is if domestic flights are still even flying then so I can get home......we shall see.
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

March 25, 2020 @ 2130 (Alaska Time)

****WARNING**** this post contains adult content. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED......LOL

This post deals with actual data about an infectious disease.
    If words, numbers, math, factual data (or facts in general) or my opinion on these things easily offends you, we recommend you change the channel now.

Not really a subject that is a laughing matter but I once again just felt it needed to be said after the earlier encounter today.

Today ended with worldwide confirmed cases being reported as 464,739 and worldwide deaths at 21,253

That is an increase of 42,110 confirmed cases worldwide in the past 24 hours and 2,358 deaths worldwide in the past 24 hours.

The USA is now at 69,219 reported confirmed cases and 1,054 reported confirmed deaths

That is an increase of 14,019 confirmed cased in the USA in the past 24 hours (62.5% increase from the previous 24 hours) and the USA had 258 confirmed deaths in the past 24 hours.

Most places are just starting to wake up and begin to somewhat isolate, hopefully this will eventually slow the spread and start bringing some of these number down.
    But for every person confirmed infected we have to assume they infected others before showing symptoms themselves and going to get tested.
    So it is very likely will see these numbers increase over the next couple of weeks IMHO.

Yesterday the USA had 14,000 cases fewer that Italy......today ended just over 5000 fewer. (Italy added just over 5000 new cases today)

The United Kingdom added 1,496 confirmed cases in the past 24 hours, moving them ahead of South Korea into the #9 spot for most confirmed cases

Hopefully tomorrows stats are much lower and better days are in our near future.

Below are the statistics for 3-24 and 3-25

Stay safe out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	3_25 2130.jpg†
Views:	9†
Size:	32.9 KB†
ID:	387366Click image for larger version.†

Name:	3_24 2130 COV.jpg†
Size:	35.5 KB†
ID:	387364
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:20 AM.

Did you hear that a 17 year old boy in LA just died?

https://fox8.com/news/boy-17-with-co...in-california/
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post

I did not, very sad indeed.

This is from BuzzFeed, so some of you (like me) may roll your eyes when you see their name at the top of the page.
    BuzzFeed leans a bit opposite of my views politically, and are often considered semi creditable, so they are certainly not my go to publication.
    But this seemed pretty on point and I found it to be a good read......figured I would share.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-severe-cases
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    I am not yelling "the sky is falling" or anything, but I am also not sticking my head in the sand and saying "All good, nothing to see here" either
    Just posting actual (factual) numbers and commenting on them as I see them.
    (Although I understand there are some who do not let a little thing like "Facts" get in the way of their "Opinion"....... I admin a political page also and deal with this on a daily basis)

Just keeping a running tally here by posting the stats as the days go by, so we have a reference to look back on and can track the progression. (and have conversation about it if we so choose)

If you see the number of infectious disease cases growing by multiples of 2 over a daily basis....it is certainly something to be a bit alarmed about.

Does the term exponential growth ring a bell? (I don't make this stuff up....its fact)

Not there yet today which is good, we are only at 10,345 new cases so far, with still 6 hours left in the day.

I hope you and those like you are right, that there is nothing to be worried about. But I am hedging my bets on the side of caution and not putting my entire stack of chips down on 00 hoping for a lucky spin of the wheel.

Perhaps start your own thread on the subject that is more uplifting and spiritual like you are requesting.
    We all know your previous posts to the forum over the years were filled with joy and kindness toward your fellow man. [Sarcasm]
    Have a read back in your post history, on your profile page and see for yourself.

If you don't like my thread or my post .....don't click on the thread and you will not have to read my "alarming post"......its pretty much just that easy.

Have another scotch and cigar and enjoy your evening.

BCS
    I don't know what you're referring to regarding my posts. I've had some words here and there, but who hasn't?

I've also reached out to people, privately, and offered them help.

We (you and I) have also exchanged funds for parts.

Stay well....and I don't drink scotch, and rarely smoke cigars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Brakeaway Throttle Lock / Rivco Passenger Boards / K&N Air

There's two cases here in Oklahoma, kids under four years old. Snews said one is around the one year mark.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

There's two cases here in Oklahoma, kids under four years old. Snews said one is around the one year mark.
    The whole point of that post was to show that it is not just and old person killer. When it was reported, he was the youngest to die of the Coronavirus in the US. All ages need to be careful is the point.
    CLICK HERE

For those of you who have mortgages held by bigger banks, if you give them a call right now and simply say "Due to the corona virus outbreak my financial situation for next few months is unknown and it appears I am going to have difficultly making my mortgage payments until this crisis is over" as if you are calling them to give them a heads up and want to work something out.

They will instantly defer your mortgage payment for 3 months with no penalties and not report you to the credit bureau this either. (so it will not effect your credit score....or so they say)

Still unknown as to how the repayment of this will be handled as are not totally sure themselves but it will likely be added to the back end of our loan.

So if you are missing work or have spent a small fortune stocking up to ride this out or if you just want to secure what moneys you have now in these uncertain times to see whats going to happen, then this is a good way to get a 3 month grace period on your home mortgage.

2 hour wait on hold to talk with someone and then a 5 minute conversation once you get someone on the line.
    No questions were asked about income or anything, it was really quick, they just pushed it right though and said "we will send you some paperwork in the mail, but nothing that needs to be filled out or sent back....its just for you to read"

Wells Fargo was the bank in this case, will let you know about Bank of America tomorrow......but supposedly all the big financial institutions are doing this right now.

BCS

March 26, 2020 @ 2100 (Alaska Time)

Total number of confirmed cases worldwide is 532,237 and world wide deaths now at 24,098

Which is an increase of 67,498 confirmed case worldwide over the past 24 hours......which is a 60.3% increase in new worldwide confirmed case, compared to the previous 24 hours .... a substantial gain worth taking note of.

There were 2,836 worldwide deaths over the past 24 hours.......which is a 19,8% increase compared to the previous 24 hours.

The USA surpassed Italy today and is now #1 in confirmed cases at 86,004

New confirmed cases added in the USA today are 16,885 in the past 24 hours.......which is a 20.4% increase in new USA confirmed cases, compared to new cases reported in the previous 24 hours

Total deaths in the USA are now at 1,300 with 246 of those in the past 24 hours.

Yesterday the USA had 5000 fewer confirmed cases than Italy....... today we now have 5,415 more than Italy........Italy added 6,203 new confirmed cases in the past 24 hours.

Tomorrow the USA is very likely to break the 100,000 mark for new confirmed cases and we are racking up huge numbers of new daily cases compared to any other country in the world. We added twice as many new cases today as spain and nearly 3 times the cases as Italy........(Everyone should take pause, look at these numbers and ask yourself why?)

Here is a publication on the subject that also contains some graphs, keep in mind when you look at the graphs for the USA today,s numbers (3/26) are not represented.
    If you visualize today's number onto the ends of these graphs the past 10 days look pretty ominous and very concerning should this trend continue.
    Should the present trend continue tomorrow, the USA will have nearly tripled its number of new confirmed cases in just 4 days. (Another figure worth taking note of)

https://www.businessinsider.com/figu...e-china-2020-3

Also when you look at the graph that represents China in the link above, notice that it represents a full 2 month period.....even if we are to believe that China has defeated this and has not had a single new case for a week (which I absolutely do not believe) we need to remember that these people were locked down and locked down hard by the military in order to produce this time line. (Also the time line in China started a lot earlier than represented here, which I discuses below)
    We here in the USA and other western countries are not locked down in such a manner, so we will likely see many more cases and new cases continuing over a much longer period of time than China.

China's first case of corona virus was declared 3 full weeks before the graph in this publication starts plotting, so if you were to overlay where we (the USA) are today on top of the China chart.....our today would be right about Jan 31st -Feb 3rd on the China chart. China was at roughly 16 - 18 thousand active cases at that point .....the USA has greater than 4 times that number now.
    And with infectious disease, the more active cases you have the greater the multiplier becomes for more new cases.....its like rolling snow ball, the larger the ball of snow becomes the more snow it picks up with each revolution, which makes the snowball even bigger and it will pick up even more snow on the next revolution.

Food for thought, hopefully most in this country are looking at this data as well and finally figuring out what needs to be done to slow the progression of this virus.
    We are already way behind and with this virus having a 2 week incubation period we are certainly not on the down slope of the curve and likely still making a steep climb.

It will take everyone doing their part to turn this around and get the numbers dropping so we can get back to life as (somewhat) normal sooner rather than later.
    This process will not be quick, but the sooner we all start the faster we will see the finish line on the horizon.

Not being an "alarmist".....I don't have to be, the numbers speak for themselves.
    But you have to be willing to open your eyes and really see what they represent in order for them to be meaningful and of any use.

Well that is my take on it for today......what say you?

Below are the stats for 3/25 and 3/26 24 hours apart for comparison.

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	3_26 2130 COV.jpg†
Views:	11†
Size:	34.4 KB†
ID:	387400Click image for larger version.†

Name:	3_25 2130.jpg†
Size:	32.9 KB†
ID:	387398

Sick to death of hearing about this virus to be honest ..... every morning every night itís on tv ... doing my head in

You and me both. Didn't turn my stupid TeeVee on once yesterday. Won't again today. Likely start staying away from this site as well, due to this thread.

Bye-Bye.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

This reminds me of 9/11. I became obsessed with up-to-the-minute news, and became very depressed. I had to disengage for my mental health.
    I'm not obsessing with this pandemic. Que sera, sera.

I am using common sense.

• I go out as little as possible, combine trips, use social distancing, and wash my hands whenever I go out and touch something.
    • I am not watching the TV constantly.
    • I have a lot of tasks to do at home that are keeping me busy, and after I finish them, I can pull the carbs on my Vmax and rebuild them.
    • I plan to detail my 9 and my FJR, as well as my truck.
    • I am going to fit some rides in as well.

It looks as if this may become a seasonal disease, becoming less bad in warmer weather, but likely returning this autumn. People need to plan accordingly, and stay calm! We'll get through this by using common sense!

- My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    - God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the vision to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 109eater View Post
    Sick to death of hearing about this virus to be honest ..... every morning every night it’s on tv ... doing my head in
    I am in the middle of the ocean right now so I am not bombarded by the media.....no TV out here.

I just put the numbers together and see what they look like trying to gauge the rate of acceleration. (I do have people I am worried about in the lower 48 )

There is a reason this virus is growing so much faster in this country than other......no one cares.

This thread is clearly labeled as COVID - 19 Talk......so if you do not want to get any info on this subject.....just don't click on this thread.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 1 Week Ago at 02:17 PM.

You and me both. Didn't turn my stupid TeeVee on once yesterday. Won't again today. Likely start staying away from this site as well, due to this thread.

Bye-Bye.

Its funny how those of you who are bitching they do not want to see any info or hear anything about COVID-19 are clicking on a thread clearly labeled as COVID-19 talk ......only to bitch about you do not want to hear anything on the subject.

Is there some unknown force that is making you click on this clearly labeled thread and forcing you to read its content?......I don't think so, you are doing this under your own free will, obviously because you want to.

Just don't click on this thread if you do not want to read anything on this subject......its not rocket science.

Same way I don't click on threads labeled C109.......they do not interest me.

So lets all grow up, take responsibility for our own actions and stop bitching about something you-yourself have 100% control over.......just makes no damn sense at all, unless your entire objective is simply just to bitch about something in the first place. (which seems to be the case)

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 1 Week Ago at 02:19 PM.

^^+1
    Never understood that. Just like the Off Topic got shutdown from showing up on the "Whats New" tab. People bitching about what was posted in the category or what Nemo posted and then the whinners got the admin to take off the whats new posts. So you then had to actually go into the group/thread and do your own research to see if anything else was posted.

But that seems to be the USA of today. Where the many conform to the few because its not PC if you dont.

Instead of just telling them to not click on the stupid thread. Ill stop before I get on my soap box. Its one of many reasons why this forum is all but dead except for a few posts a day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Below are just a few thoughts Iíve had over last several days, regarding this COVID-19 Pandemic/Plague. The comments are not aimed at any member of this Forum, so please donít contract a ďperceived injuryĒ and feel the need to protect yourself by retaliating...as the comments below are not an attack on anyone.

It amazes me just how nonchalant so many people in the US are about this deadly virus. Iíve seen several videos and news reports, depicting the careless attitudes and approaches toward this very serious crisis. This is a matter of life and death, with no real solution in sight. At what point does being well-informed/updated on a deadly pandemic/plague become too much information? I would hope for everyone that it doesnít have to be at the expense of being diagnosed with it, or having a loved one being diagnosed with it, and subsequently being informed by doctors that thereís nothing that can be done to ward it off...and impending death is soon to follow.

I agree, we should not live in fear during this very trying time, but have faith in God or whom/whatever higher being we believe in, to bring healing and a halt to this suffering. However, I canít help to wonder what the consensus would be across the US, if those who had been appointed to protect and notify us of this awful pandemic chose to scoff at the whole issue, and simply not inform the citizens of this country, because they didnít think a deadly worldwide virus was a serious issue for America? Sad to say, that actually happened, but nothing much has become of it yet.

Would it seem more serious to us individually if we had all lost a wife, husband, daughter, son, mother, father, sister, brother, grandparent, aunt, uncle, neice, nephew, or cousin, respectively? Maybe, for many US citizens it will have to hit home or very close to home before it becomes serious to them. Choosing not to be informed, and acting as if itís just another day regarding this serious issue, certainly doesnít make anyone less vulnerable. Even many of the members here who have not yet been tested, could literally be infected with the virus at this very moment, and have no clue of the significant danger they face of losing their lives very quickly. Just the thought of that is quite alarming to me, because I DONíT ENJOY NOR OVERLOOK HUMAN SUFFERING OF ANY KIND. It breaks my heart to hear of anyone losing their life, because I still starkly/vividly remember the hurt, pain and struggle of losing my mother three years ago...on Valentineís Day, of all days.

We have to do better about banding together in this world (especially in the US), because we werenít created to make it in this world without one another.

AGAPE LOVE (if you donít know what it means, please look it up),
    Bobby

Its funny how those of you who are bitching they do not want to see any info or hear anything about COVID-19 are clicking on a thread clearly labeled as COVID-19 talk ......only to bitch about you do not want to hear anything on the subject.

Is there some unknown force that is making you click on this clearly labeled thread and forcing you to read its content?......I don't think so, you are doing this under your own free will, obviously because you want to.

Just don't click on this thread if you do not want to read anything on this subject......its not rocket science.

So lets all grow up, take responsibility for our own actions and stop bitching about something you-yourself have 100% control over.......just makes no damn sense at all, unless your entire objective is simply just to bitch about something in the first place. (which seems to be the case)

BCS
    Sounds like your board ****less time lol ..........

Well said Bobby,

Only one part I don't really agree with you on.

I can’t help to wonder what the consensus would be across the US, if those who had been appointed to protect and notify us of this awful pandemic chose to scoff at the whole issue, and simply not inform the citizens of this country, because they didn’t think a deadly worldwide virus was a serious issue for America? Sad to say, that actually happened, but nothing much has become of it yet.
    We all watched this virus ravaging Wuhan China long before the first case was reported in the USA and we all knew when the first case was reported in the USA and we all watched each day as the virus spread and got bigger.
    This was all public information and was reported on everyday......I am in the middle of the ocean without TV or Radio and I knew about it and began preparing for this very early on while everyone around me said I was crazy and the things I was doing were stupid.
    So no one who has access to TV, Radio and News Paper publications can say they did not "Know" about this.
    Many may have simply not "Cared" at the time or felt it would not effect them so they were not concerned with it (many are still this way) .......but we all certainly knew about this well in advance.

I do not rely on the government to keep me and mine safe.....that responsibility lies squarely on my shoulders and no one else's.
    This is how it was for most in this country not too long ago, but somehow today we seem to rely on government to protect us and provide for us from cradle to grave......which is why we as both individuals and as a country, have become weak.....physically as well as in mind & spirit.

This topic has a lot of similarity to what Sean was saying above as well.....there is no sense of "Individual Responsibility" any longer. Far to many whinny snowflakes out there looking for a reason to complain or place blame for everything on anyone but themselves. (And these people are raising an entire generation of kids that are even worse)

And I will stop here.....because this is a subject I can really get revved up on......and its hard to stop that train once it gets rolling down the tracks.

***Notice*** The comments in this post are the the sole expression of the poster, they are general thoughts and not directed at any individual in particular.
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 1 Week Ago at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 109eater View Post
    Sounds like your board ****less time lol ..........

Can't argue the quote, seems pretty spot on.

And there are times where I am am "bored" ****less......me and 100,000,000 million others sitting at home right now.

But I did not start this tread because I am bored.....starting to think I started it so others had a reason to bitch and be smart-a$$es to be honest.

Seems to be working if that is the case.

And there are times where I am am "bored" ****less......me and 100,000,000 million others sitting at home right now.

But I did not start this tread because I am bored.....starting to think I started it so others had a reason to bitch and be smart-a$$es to be honest.

You enjoy that .... Iím going surfing yeeeew

Just an update on my earlier post about getting your mortgage differed for 3 months right now.

Bank of America is also onboard with this.

They also confirmed today that there will be no penalty, no ding to your credit score and the 3 months will be deferred to the end of your loan period.

2 hour wait again on hold to talk with someone and only a 5 minute conversation after that.....no questions asked about income or anything like that.

I think all the major banks are doing this, not so sure about secondary lenders though. I know secondary lenders have something in place but I think there are more hoops to jump though than if you loan is directly with with one of the major banking institutions.

BCS

BCS
    CLICK HERE

Please listen to this 2 minute video. This is new information to me.

CLICK HERE

Sparky,
    Thought you might want to hear about some of the happenings a bit south of your area (Hernando Beach, Lakeport, Pine Island). Less vehicular traffic, but the boat ramp parking lots are crowded. We watch boats heading out in the Gulf from the Hernando Beach ramp as they pass our house. We are still seeing fishing boats with several people on board...no distancing taking place. Last weekend boaters were rafted in the flats along the Hernando Beach channel. Several boats, each packed with people, anchored and tied together. But around our neighborhood most people seem to be isolating and/or distancing themselves. No restaurants or bars are open, except for those that have take out and/or deliveries.

Richard, John, and I have stopped our weekly rides, though Peg and I rode for about an hour in the area on the Gold Wing this afternoon.

Food shopping is difficult in places because of the large number of shoppers and the lack certain items (besides toilet paper, ha ha). Sam's Club is pretty well stocked, but there are bare shelves. They are limiting some items to one per customer. I heard that Walgreen's isn't accepting money...just credit cards.

There has to be be some personal comfort knowing that you are away from the virus, but of course your family must be constantly on your mind. Best of luck to you, your friends on board, and your family.

Mike

What, you trying to push peoples buttons.
    CLICK HERE

K
    Well said Bobby,

Only one part I don't really agree with you on.

We all watched this virus ravaging Wuhan China long before the first case was reported in the USA and we all knew when the first case was reported in the USA and we all watched each day as the virus spread and got bigger.
    This was all public information and was reported on everyday......I am in the middle of the ocean without TV or Radio and I knew about it and began preparing for this very early on while everyone around me said I was crazy and the things I was doing were stupid.
    So no one who has access to TV, Radio and News Paper publications can say they did not "Know" about this.
    Many may have simply not "Cared" at the time or felt it would not effect them so they were not concerned with it (many are still this way) .......but we all certainly knew about this well in advance.

I do not rely on the government to keep me and mine safe.....that responsibility lies squarely on my shoulders and no one else's.
    This is how it was for most in this country not too long ago, but somehow today we seem to rely on government to protect us and provide for us from cradle to grave......which is why we as both individuals and as a country, have become weak.....physically as well as in mind & spirit.

This topic has a lot of similarity to what Sean was saying above as well.....there is no sense of "Individual Responsibility" any longer. Far to many whinny snowflakes out there looking for a reason to complain or place blame for everything on anyone but themselves. (And these people are raising an entire generation of kids that are even worse)

And I will stop here.....because this is a subject I can really get revved up on......and its hard to stop that train once it gets rolling down the tracks.

***Notice*** The comments in this post are the the sole expression of the poster, they are general thoughts and not directed at any individual in particular.
    Charles, I don’t disagree with yours and Sean’s sentiments about “Individual Responsibility” lacking terribly in our country. However, I’d like to try to clarify my reasoning behind my comment regarding protection. Media and government are intertwined in the US. So, when catastrophes like this virus sprout up in countries we have lots of involvement with, our US citizens need to know immediately, so we can take early precautions to prep ourselves and our families from impending harm. We had two Senators who had very advanced notification of this pandemic, along with insider information that allowed them to sell millions of dollars in stocks well before the stock market began to crash. In turn, they elected not to inform anyone in the country immediately (which they had a duty and responsibility to do) on what they had learned about the virus moving quickly toward US boarders, because their money was more important to them than the lives of millions of Americans. The protection I was eluding to was in the form of timely information, and we were not informed as early as we would’ve likely been, had our government worldwide monitoring agencies not been dismantled during the current administration, in spite of those two Senators. Timely information is everything , especially with something as severe as this.

Moreover, we’ve become so divided, hard-hearted, and individualized in our country that we often can’t see how it’s destroying us as a whole. I agree that the newer wave of leaders, parents, and guardians are rearing up a very weak and dependent upcoming generation. But, if we’re being honest with ourselves, we’ve seen this declining trend forming for decades now...and it didn’t just start 10-20 years ago. Nevertheless, there has never been and will likely never be a time when every individual in America or any other nation has been or will be totally self-sufficient with every obstacle they face. Many people are going to always need help. My hope, and I know it’s far reaching, is a large number of people in our country will learn or revisit some very valuable lessons from all of this we’re going through right now. I’m a staunch believer in...it’s ALWAYS best to humble yourself, rather than be humbled.

AS YOU HAD STATED AND I AGREE...***Notice*** The comments in this post are the sole expression of the poster. They are general thoughts, and not directed at any individual in particular. This is nothing more than individuals openly sharing/expressing personal thoughts about a very serious issue facing our entire nation, and the world. I respect and value other perspectives on any topic of discussion. [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 1 Week Ago at 07:37 AM.

Please listen to this 2 minute video. This is new information to me.

I did not watch it, but I know that there were some false concerns about Ibuprofen contributing to coronavirus infection. The World Health Organization dispelled that myth about 10 days ago.

Updated: WHO Now Doesn't Recommend Avoiding Ibuprofen For COVID-19 Symptoms

AFP
    17 MARCH 2020

Last edited by HyperPete; 1 Week Ago at 09:42 PM.

- My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    - God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the vision to tell the difference.

What, you trying to push peoples buttons.
    Nope, just the the result of mine being pushed.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    Sparky,
    Thought you might want to hear about some of the happenings a bit south of your area (Hernando Beach, Lakeport, Pine Island). Less vehicular traffic, but the boat ramp parking lots are crowded. We watch boats heading out in the Gulf from the Hernando Beach ramp as they pass our house. We are still seeing fishing boats with several people on board...no distancing taking place. Last weekend boaters were rafted in the flats along the Hernando Beach channel. Several boats, each packed with people, anchored and tied together. But around our neighborhood most people seem to be isolating and/or distancing themselves. No restaurants or bars are open, except for those that have take out and/or deliveries.

Richard, John, and I have stopped our weekly rides, though Peg and I rode for about an hour in the area on the Gold Wing this afternoon.

Food shopping is difficult in places because of the large number of shoppers and the lack certain items (besides toilet paper, ha ha). Sam's Club is pretty well stocked, but there are bare shelves. They are limiting some items to one per customer. I heard that Walgreen's isn't accepting money...just credit cards.

There has to be be some personal comfort knowing that you are away from the virus, but of course your family must be constantly on your mind. Best of luck to you, your friends on board, and your family.

Mike
    Thanks for the update Mike.
    Does not surprise me at all, and to be honest going out on the boat is probably a good way to somewhat safely get out right now and enjoy yourself a little right now.....if you are only doing it with those that live in your house and you share space with already.
    Would just have to be cautious about anyone else you encountered or objects you touch that are not your own.
    Not to mention you might even be able to bring back a meal or two our of the deal.
    Rafting up with a bunch of strangers is probably not the greatest idea right now though.....but it shows the lack of concern a large majority in this country still have. (which reflects in the numbers I post daily)

(Which was my original intent when I started this thread.....just to post the day to day stats and show how how this is escalating. I am working on setting it all up in excel now to be able to graph the figures and give a visual result)

Found out today that all fishing in the Puget Sound area of Seattle has been closed to keep people away from the boat ramps and to keep the marine enforcement folks from having to make stops and encounter other boaters

Big changes just came down from our corporate office today also, not sure how its all going to work but it seems that we are going to have start doing a 2 week isolation period before being allowed to board the vessels. Then once aboard we will have to do much longer rotations to minimize the crew change turnovers during the seasons. Basically once you are onboard you can't leave till the season is over. Once get off the vessel for any reason, you have to do another 2 week quarantine before being allowed back on the vessel.

This went out to every vessel that I am aware of today and not just the ones owned by my company.

Stay safe down there.
    BCS