Another Week...Another Ride

Thread: Another Week...Another Ride

Default Another Week...Another Ride

Our Florida ride this week kept us near the west coast (Nature Coast) most of the time. Richard, John, and I started in Brooksville, then rode through Spring Hill to the tiny costal community of Aripeka, then north through Hernando Beach to Pine Island, where the beach is closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Next we stopped in Bayport to take photos with salt grass and marshes in the background. Then it was east and north to Lecanto, then west to the Ozello Trail that curves, zigs and zags to the coast, where he had lunch at a picnic table in a community park. After lunch we continued north to Fort Island, in the Gulf of Mexico, where were took photos of our bikes with the Crystal River power plant in the background. We continued north through Homosassa, Homosassa Springs, Crystal River, and turned east in Englis on the Follow That Dream Highway to Yankeetown. The road was made famous by the 1962 Elvis Presley movie, "Follow That Dream". The ride home was inland though Dunnellon, Hernando, and Inverness. The sun was strong, the air warm, and many of the roads on our 235 mile ride were curvy.

Bayport

Fort Island

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a great day of riding. Good for y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

You guys made the loop for sure, great ride.

Wish I could have been there instead of hanging tight, riding out this storm we are in at the moment.

Hopefully I will be back in a few weeks if domestic travel does not get locked down.

BCS