Front tire question

Thread: Front tire question

Default Front tire question

ok, I need to purchase a new front tire. I'm staying with standard size --->130/70 R18 M/C 63V
    My rear tire is Dunlop Elite 3 Custom Wide 250/40r18. I assumed I would go and get the same brand for the front, but apparently I can't ? I'm not a tire guy so a little helpful advice would be great.
    Should i just get an Avon brand front tire, does it look obvious if you have two different brands ?
    For reference I'm shopping on a Canadian site called fortnine. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Loki; 02-24-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, XXX Big air intakes, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light, Blaze pin turn signals, led knight rider strip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Not really sure why you cannot get the matching front for the E4 version. It can be hard to find the E3 in stock now.

There are a couple on eBay.
    Last edited by UVATom; 02-24-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Hey Loki.
    Have you checked with Pete's Superbike? I have not found a better Canadian (and often American) price anywhere else. You are correct - the Dunlop E3's seem to be running out since they released the E4. If you wanted to stay with Dunlop, the stock sized E4 is available (130/70/18 ). Pete's price at $1,161.95... lol I think he has the decimal in the wrong place. For example, the Avon's are $118. Pretty good compared to Fortnine at $195 for the E4.

Check out his *very no-nonsense...* website and give him a call or email (https://www.petes-superbike.com/dunl...p-1317021.html)
    He is out of Quebec - I bought a full set of Avon's from him, quick ship no problems.

EDIT **Just noticed the E4 I was comparing was an "H" rated (130MPH), and you quoted "V" rated (149MPH)as stock. Yes. MPH. Lol. You're probably ok with the H-rated, but V will be more expensive and apparently have stiffer sidewalls, handling, etc etc... just make sure you compare the same rated tire for pricing if that is important to you. Didn't want to "steer" you wrong...
    Last edited by NoSetFine; 02-25-2020 at 03:59 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So the E4 would match the E3 ?

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, XXX Big air intakes, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light, Blaze pin turn signals, led knight rider strip.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    So the E4 would match the E3 ?
    That would be as close a match as you will find (Same manufacturer) if a E3 is not available any longer.

Since front tires tend to last 3 to 4 times longer than rear tires, the question you should really be asking yourself is "What rear tire do I want to go with next" and purchase a front tire now that will match your next rear tire.
    (If running matching brands and models are a concern for you)

BCS

Hey, man. If you're looking for high-quality tires for your motorbike, might as well check out 4WheelOnline. They have a huge selection of tires to choose from.