M109 Rider Forums banner

Finally got every upgrade!!

6K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Frotosride 
#1 ·
Well I still have the '06 and now I have every updated part. Unfortunately I had surgery today so I couldn't test out all these new parts today but tomorrow I surely will!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, the picture isn't an 06 with updated parts. It's a much newer 16 factory stock. It even still has the kiddie reflectors! LMAO!!

06 were silver, black or blurple. No Limited Editions with stripe available til 07.

Reactions: turbohi
#9 · (Edited)
Well to late for that. Got it home Saturday and that night I got bit by the beast. So I took it apart!

cbxer55... You will be pleased to see that all the reflectors and beaver are gone. Put on the smoked inergrated tail light...Also put on my TRE for now. Awaiting a quote from BCS for flashing a spare ECU...hopefully.

Attachments

#10 ·
Hey Froto,

In the event you weren’t already aware, be sure that your spare ECU is the same year model as the bike you plan to use it on. From what I’ve gathered, each year model ECU is specifically manufactured for each year model M109R, which prevents them from being interchangeable from one year model to another.

#11 ·
Hey Froto,

In the event you weren't already aware, be sure that your spare ECU is the same year model as the bike you plan to use it on. From what I've gathered, each year model ECU is specifically manufactured for each year model M109R, which prevents them from being interchangeable from one year model to another.
Thanks, I considered this and they do have different part numbers as well. I asked BCS this specific question because I do a lot of LS series engines and for the most part you can swap any year ECM within that generation and some other gen-to-gen swapping as well. I truly hope the code is cracked enough to be able to run any year on any model. If not then I will have to wait until my warranty expires.

#17 · (Edited)
Well update time I guess. I'm at 1600+ miles on ole beastie. Not a single problem except after building most of the 2006 engine and realizing that this thing effectively has a dry sump system, I finally understand the reason to CHECK THE OIL IAW THE MANUAL ONLY!!!!
The upgrade bug has hit again and it's exhaust time. Ordered my black HK Sideburner exhaust yesterday. I hope that shipping doesn't take to long and more than that I hope they are loud or at least that the baffle is easily removable. After running those Cobra Dragster's without baffles for so long, it's hard to not hear this bike.
Anyone know if HK's kit comes with a plate for the exhaust valve so the FI light stays off for now?

The next thing will be intake I really like the Q5 and Hyperchargers but the price is outrageous! Then it'll be Flash time.

#18 ·
Well update time I guess. I'm at 1600+ miles on ole beastie. Not a single problem except after building most of the engine and realizing that this thing effectively has a dry sump system, I finally understand the reason to CHECK THE OIL IAW THE MANUAL ONLY!!!!
The upgrade bug has hit again and it's exhaust time. Ordered my black HK Sideburner exhaust yesterday. I hope that shipping doesn't take to long and more than that I hope they are loud or at least that the baffle is easily removable. After running those Cobra Dragster's without baffles for so long, it's hard to not hear this bike.
Anyone know if HK's kit comes with a plate for the exhaust valve so the FI light stays off for now?

The next thing will be intake I really like the Q5 and Hyperchargers but the price is outrageous! Then it'll be Flash time.
I have the chrome HK Shorty SideBurner, and it is quite loud. However, the baffle is not removable.

#23 ·
Update and modification. The pipes still sound awesome! A fellow rider informed me that the glare during the day makes my inergrated rear light impossible to see. Big concern! So I bent up some stainless (vice buying a new license plate bracket) and mounted some old bullet style turn signals I've had for years. I'm not sold on the chrome so they will likely go black soon. I put LED's in them as well. I also put switch backs in the front. Haven't ridden with the switch backs in just yet but they look awesome and bring some modern touches to the bike.

Attachments

#25 ·
Given that you are 1 in a handful of people with them, I guess it's a special feature at this point.

#26 ·
Ok update time.... I have been riding at night a lot since putting the switchbacks in and adding the rear lights. Not sure if I posted pics of that. Either way they are excellent. The switch backs really shed light right I front of the tire where there's kind of a dark spot with the OE head lamp assembly.

On the rear I didn't wire up the lights to have normal marker lights and the brighter brake and flasher. I used the low beam setting for the brake lights (they are plenty bright to not confuse them) and then the bright circuit for the turn signals. This has added a huge amount of safety especially in the middle of the day where the sun glares off the smoked lense of my tail light.

I think that's where I made my mistake with the integrated rear light. I only looked at it at night! Yes it's really bright when there's nothing challenging it for attention, i.e. The sun, cell phone...Kinda like he little green light on the smoke detector in the master bedroom...dang that things bright!

#28 ·
I may try and get a GoPro and post some stuff like kodiakrider has been doing. Been saying that for years and years now.

Oh and don't be mistaken, the upgrades are surely not done but I just acquired a new toy so I gotta hold on the spending for a little bit.

Attachments

#29 ·
Ok so I got a little something from Gman Industries.

Definitely packed really well!

Oh what do we have here...could it be new intake and filters!

BCS, I'm going to be talking to you soon... hopefully! Ain't putting them on until we have a tune and hopefully I can ride down and just do dyno instead of just a mailbox flash.
Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

#32 ·
Ok so I got a little something from Gman Industries.

Definitely packed really well!

Oh what do we have here...could it be new intake and filters!

BCS, I'm going to be talking to you soon... hopefully! Ain't putting them on until we have a tune and hopefully I can ride down and just do dyno instead of just a mailbox flash.
Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
I bought a set of these but haven't put them on yet. I plan on getting it done before spring. Let me know how it goes!

#34 · (Edited)
Old thread but my intentions are to keep this flowing. If you've seen some of my other posts you already know that I installed G-Man stealth intake system (4 months later) as well as had a few bugs worked out of the ECM.
Definitely relearning the bike. I only went for a small trip but I assure you the Beast has a new attitude! When I find it, I'll post the video...cringe moment to come!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.