Finally got every upgrade!!

Thread: Finally got every upgrade!!

Wink Finally got every upgrade!!

Well I still have the '06 and now I have every updated part. Unfortunately I had surgery today so I couldn't test out all these new parts today but tomorrow I surely will!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	386822
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Well, the picture isn't an 06 with updated parts. It's a much newer 16 factory stock. It even still has the kiddie reflectors! LMAO!!

06 were silver, black or blurple. No Limited Editions with stripe available til 07.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

congrats on your new BOSS.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler,Arnott Air Ride

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    It's a much newer 16 factory stock..
    White/Blue Boss = 2019

OP was just saying he still has his 06 but has also purchased a new bike.....(so every part on it is new (updated))

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 02-14-2020 at 12:59 PM.

^^^^^... Thats exactly the way I understood the OP as well. I was wondering if I had missed something in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    White/Blue Boss = 2019

OP was just saying he still has his 06 but has also purchased a new bike.....(so every part on it is new (updated))

BCS
    Yes that would be correct 2019 BOSS. Left it at the dealer yesterday and today is not a good day so I'm getting it tomorrow. Plus weather is sucky and they are detailing the bike. Going to try and keep it clean for as long as I can.
    I would surely hope that a brand new bike with 0miles has all the previous years updates. I'm going to keep it clean but beat the crap out of it for the next year. That's how long the factory warranty is.

Cbxer55... Don't worry. I have no plans on keeping anything that doesn't void my warranty. Debating on putting my Cobra dragsters on there just so I can hear it for now. Doubt I'm going to put a tuner on right away because I am weary of the warranty and the issues the first generation had.
    Last edited by Frotosride; 05-17-2020 at 09:27 PM.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Frotosride View Post
    Doubt I'm going to put a tuner on right away because I am weary of the warranty and the issues the first generation had.
    yeah I wont be doing any tuning until the warranty is up.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler,Arnott Air Ride

Well I still have the '06 and now I have every updated part. Unfortunately I had surgery today so I couldn't test out all these new parts today but tomorrow I surely will!
    Lol. Well just RIDE this one now - stop taking sh1t apart.
    hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Lol. Well just RIDE this one now - stop taking sh1t apart.
    hahahaha.
    Well to late for that. Got it home Saturday and that night I got bit by the beast. So I took it apart!

cbxer55... You will be pleased to see that all the reflectors and beaver are gone. Put on the smoked inergrated tail light...Also put on my TRE for now. Awaiting a quote from BCS for flashing a spare ECU...hopefully.

Views:	59
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	386836 Click image for larger version.

Views:	51
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	386838 Click image for larger version.

Views:	56
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	386840
    Last edited by Frotosride; 02-17-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Hey Froto,

In the event you werent already aware, be sure that your spare ECU is the same year model as the bike you plan to use it on. From what Ive gathered, each year model ECU is specifically manufactured for each year model M109R, which prevents them from being interchangeable from one year model to another.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Hey Froto,

In the event you werent already aware, be sure that your spare ECU is the same year model as the bike you plan to use it on. From what Ive gathered, each year model ECU is specifically manufactured for each year model M109R, which prevents them from being interchangeable from one year model to another.
    Thanks, I considered this and they do have different part numbers as well. I asked BCS this specific question because I do a lot of LS series engines and for the most part you can swap any year ECM within that generation and some other gen-to-gen swapping as well. I truly hope the code is cracked enough to be able to run any year on any model. If not then I will have to wait until my warranty expires.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcolt45 View Post
    Knock it off. That motor is bulletproof and you will be fine. Break it in, oil change and get the damn ecu flashed or i will defriend you on FB LMAO
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapaXCT View Post
    Knock it off. That motor is bulletproof and you will be fine. Break it in, oil change and get the damn ecu flashed or i will defriend you on FB LMAO
    I pray the 2019 is bullet proof! After 13 years hopefully they got it right. Please, don't defriend me...I don't know how to check FB to be upset about it....😞 Waiting on the quote for programming... And to make my old exhaust match the new bike.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Awaiting a quote from BCS for flashing a spare ECU...hopefully.

I wrote you back a couple days ago.....let me know if you did not get my PM reply.

Never tried to put a 48G10 in place of a 48GH0/1 but I know for sure your gear indicator is not going to work at minimum if you put the old ECU in the new bike. (Which obviously does not bother you because the gear indicator is not working if you have the ATRE off your 06 on the 19 now anyway)

I have run the 48GH0 ECU in a 2007 M109R (which is a 48G10 from factory) so I know it will work fine going from new to old. But never tried the other way around.

I have run at least 6 different model ECU's in my 2007 and 2008 M109Rs and they all worked with no problem. But since I have not tried this with a later model bike, I cannot say for sure if anything other than the gear indicator would be out of sorts or not. I doubt it, but if you are so worried about your warranty then I also doubt you want to be the first to try it and see what happens.

I gotta agree with Harris though, break it in, do the first service with the dealer (if that is what you planned to do) and then pull the exhaust and intakes off, replace with aftermarket, flash the ECU and have some fun.
    Why wait an entire year putting off the inevitable.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 02-19-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Well, the picture isn't an 06 with updated parts. It's a much newer 16 factory stock. It even still has the kiddie reflectors! LMAO!!

06 were silver, black or blurple. No Limited Editions with stripe available til 07.
    LOL LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tcolt45 View Post
    Screw the warranty. My bike was apart right after i got it home and was modding heavy. Harris can vouch for that. He was the one showing me the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpapaXCT View Post
    haha right! Thomas, don't be scurrrrred. My bike has never been back to the dealer for anything. Come on man, this ain't your first rodeo!!

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

I wrote you back a couple days ago.....let me know if you did not get my PM reply.BCS
    Seas must be rough...never got email or PM.

I gotta agree with Harris though, break it in, do the first service with the dealer (if that is what you planned to do) and then pull the exhaust and intakes off, replace with aftermarket, flash the ECU and have some fun.
    Why wait an entire year putting off the inevitable.

BCS
    Never planned on taking it to the dealer for them to just change oil and diff oil and check nuts and bolts...huge waste of money. I'll do all that myself and document it. Tax season is upon us and waiting a year to make this one as fast as the '06 isn't likely, we all know that. Paying for a decent exhaust is my biggest hurtle right now. I can't stand not hearing all 109cui's of Japanese furry...
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Well update time I guess. I'm at 1600+ miles on ole beastie. Not a single problem except after building most of the 2006 engine and realizing that this thing effectively has a dry sump system, I finally understand the reason to CHECK THE OIL IAW THE MANUAL ONLY!!!!
    The upgrade bug has hit again and it's exhaust time. Ordered my black HK Sideburner exhaust yesterday. I hope that shipping doesn't take to long and more than that I hope they are loud or at least that the baffle is easily removable. After running those Cobra Dragster's without baffles for so long, it's hard to not hear this bike.
    Anyone know if HK's kit comes with a plate for the exhaust valve so the FI light stays off for now?

The next thing will be intake I really like the Q5 and Hyperchargers but the price is outrageous! Then it'll be Flash time.
    Last edited by Frotosride; 05-18-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Well update time I guess. I'm at 1600+ miles on ole beastie. Not a single problem except after building most of the engine and realizing that this thing effectively has a dry sump system, I finally understand the reason to CHECK THE OIL IAW THE MANUAL ONLY!!!!
    The upgrade bug has hit again and it's exhaust time. Ordered my black HK Sideburner exhaust yesterday. I hope that shipping doesn't take to long and more than that I hope they are loud or at least that the baffle is easily removable. After running those Cobra Dragster's without baffles for so long, it's hard to not hear this bike.
    Anyone know if HK's kit comes with a plate for the exhaust valve so the FI light stays off for now?

The next thing will be intake I really like the Q5 and Hyperchargers but the price is outrageous! Then it'll be Flash time.
    I have the chrome HK Shorty SideBurner, and it is quite loud. However, the baffle is not removable.

I have the chrome HK Shorty SideBurner, and it is quite loud. However, the baffle is not removable.
    Yes I just got it yesterday and took it out...exactly what I was wanting. It is definitely loud. Not as loud as straight pipes that I originally ran but much deeper note. The baffels may be advertised as not removable but they are barely welded in. In case anyone is like me and wants to see the insides I included a pic of the baffel. I used an iPad mini so it's the best shot I could get.

Views:	32
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	388568 Click image for larger version.

Views:	34
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	388570 Click image for larger version.

Views:	33
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	388572
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Yes I just got it yesterday and took it out...exactly what I was wanting. It is definitely loud. Not as loud as straight pipes that I originally ran but much deeper note. The baffels may be advertised as not removable but they are barely welded in. In case anyone is like me and wants to see the insides I included a pic of the baffel. I used an iPad mini so it's the best shot I could get.
    Your bike looks AWESOME and more aggressive with that Shorty SideBurner exhaust installed. I love the sound of my Shorty SideBurner. Some may argue this, but I feel like my Shorty SideBurner produced a more enhanced and even deeper sound, once I added an aftermarket set of air intakes that allowed for an increased level of air flow. I have no data to prove that. I’m going solely off of “the ear test” assessment by myself and my close friend ZZUKE10. He made the same mods and upgrades on his 9, and I am certain I heard a very distinct and noticeable difference in the sound of his Shorty SideBurner exhaust from before and after the mods.

Are you planning to remove the baffle from yours? If you do, it’s likely going to sound obnoxiously loud. Plus you’ll likely lose some needed back pressure, and gain a ton of popping during acceleration and deceleration.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 05-28-2020 at 07:58 AM.

Are you planning to remove the baffle from yours? If you do, its likely going to sound obnoxiously loud. Plus youll likely lose some needed back pressure, and gain a ton of popping during acceleration and deceleration.
    No that was only an option if they weren't loud enough. I think they will do just fine. I didn't expect them to sound so dang good honestly!

I agree it looks so much better. Just wanna tuck that rear wheel down a little and get a good intake.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

No that was only an option if they weren't loud enough. I think they will do just fine. I didn't expect them to sound so dang good honestly!

I agree it looks so much better. Just wanna tuck that rear wheel down a little and get a good intake.
    Yes, that exhaust does produce an AWESOME sound. The sound becomes even better over time, as the exhaust becomes more “broken in.” By tucking the rear wheel down, I suppose you mean you want to lower the rear end. If so, 2” Link Lowering Links will put it at the perfect level. However, you’ll likely need to stiffen your Shock setting a bit, to prevent the rear end from bottoming out. You can also replace your Stock Shock with an aftermarket PROGRESSIVE 465 RAP Shock. Lastly, you can skip those two options, and go with an Air Ride System. As for Intakes, there’s plenty to choose from. You just have to find the set that appeals to you the most. Just be sure the design will allow for a great deal of air flow.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 05-28-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Update and modification. The pipes still sound awesome! A fellow rider informed me that the glare during the day makes my inergrated rear light impossible to see. Big concern! So I bent up some stainless (vice buying a new license plate bracket) and mounted some old bullet style turn signals I've had for years. I'm not sold on the chrome so they will likely go black soon. I put LED's in them as well. I also put switch backs in the front. Haven't ridden with the switch backs in just yet but they look awesome and bring some modern touches to the bike.

Views:	19
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	388912 Click image for larger version.

Views:	20
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	388914 Click image for larger version.

Views:	20
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	388916 Click image for larger version.

Views:	19
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	388918
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Hey wait, I like my kiddie reflectors... what's wrong with them?

Given that you are 1 in a handful of people with them, I guess it's a special feature at this point.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander